Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Mock - 3/7/14

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10278
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Early Mock - 3/7/14 Reply with quote

Resign
Alex Carrington DE/DT
- Carrington is a versatile player who can play both inside and outside on the DLine. He hurt his contract when he was injured but I can see Buffalo giving him a 2-3 year deal.

Dan Carpenter K
- Carpenter was a stud for us last year. Bring him back to see if he can repeat what he did. If not, we still have Dustin Hopkins in the wings.

Free Agents
Brandon Pettigrew - TE
- Pettigrew never lived up to the hype of a first round pick, but is still a bigger TE who can stretch the field and creat mismatches. Bringing him in would also reunite him with his former HC. Pettigrew is a solid blocker as well. I believe he would help EJ out a lot.


Zane Beadles - LG
- Beadles wasnt very good last year but was a pro bowler in 2012. He is excellent in pass blocking and decent in run blocking. Beadles would shore up the LG spot for years to come.


Jameel McClain - LB
- McClain is a thumper 2 down type player who will help the run D tremendously. McClain is a bigger MLB who would be able to take on 2 blockers to free things up for Kiko. This move would also switch Kiko to the WLB position where I believe he is a better fit.


Draft
Round 1: Mike Evans - WR - Texas A&M


Round 2: Morgan Moses - OT - Virginia


Round 3: Shayne Skov - MLB - Stanford


Round 4: Jimmie Ward - FS - NIU


Round 5: Andre Williams - RB - Boston College


Round 6: Chris Watt - OG - Notre Dame


Round 7: Alex Neutz - WR - Buffalo

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 4217
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. I absolutely love it. The only thing I would like to add is a DE/DT instead of another WR in the 7th. We need depth on the D-line.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9628
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shayne Skov is gonna fall this draft but other than that I can live with it everything else.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
thedishere


Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 767
Location: Ra Cha Cha
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Mock So far. I prefer Richardson in the Second for OT but both are solid players.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3294
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bills need help on RT and would like to see them grab a veteran free agent. Also not a fan of drafting another safety that is an unproven player as they did this with duke williams and Jonathan Meeks in last years draft. I would like to see them go after a Chris Clemons, Delmas, or Jenkins if they cant resign Byrd. Im not against drafting evans anymore but im sure they can trade back and still land him in the mid teens and still get another pick out of it.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10278
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
bills need help on RT and would like to see them grab a veteran free agent. Also not a fan of drafting another safety that is an unproven player as they did this with duke williams and Jonathan Meeks in last years draft. I would like to see them go after a Chris Clemons, Delmas, or Jenkins if they cant resign Byrd. Im not against drafting evans anymore but im sure they can trade back and still land him in the mid teens and still get another pick out of it.
I disagree about Evans. He could easily be a top 10 pick, he is going to be a very good WR, I wouldn't want to chance him falling if we know for a fact we can get him at 9. I'm hearing NYJ and Det both like him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maxmw22


Moderator
Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 11039
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
bills need help on RT and would like to see them grab a veteran free agent. Also not a fan of drafting another safety that is an unproven player as they did this with duke williams and Jonathan Meeks in last years draft. I would like to see them go after a Chris Clemons, Delmas, or Jenkins if they cant resign Byrd. Im not against drafting evans anymore but im sure they can trade back and still land him in the mid teens and still get another pick out of it.
I disagree about Evans. He could easily be a top 10 pick, he is going to be a very good WR, I wouldn't want to chance him falling if we know for a fact we can get him at 9. I'm hearing NYJ and Det both like him.


I really don't think he lasts past the Jets
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3294
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still move back before the jets pick but I doubt the jets take evans over a marquis lee but anything is possible. The bills have some holes and I dont see a big difference between evans and benjamin I would rather trade down pick up an extra 2nd like last year and risk it. Worst case they get Benjamin. Im just not sold on Evans being on Julio or Aj green level to said wow this guy has to be top 10 worthy and we must draft him.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10278
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why move back when Detroit is also said to like Evans too. We don't need Evans to be AJ Green or Julio Jones. We need him to bail out EJ like he bailed out Johnny Football at A&M. If you don't see a difference between Benjamin and Evans you need to look at the film or even you tube clips. Evans is way more polished than Benjamin and this is coming from a guy who likes Benjamin. Before last draft when was the last time Buffalo traded back in the 1st round? Yeah I don't remember either. Ovb I would love to move back and grab an extra 2nd round, but no one can predict that. So arguing wether or not we could or should move back shouldn't even be happening.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cdavls17


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3294
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Evans is just to raw still and needs some work same goes with Benjamin but being able to slide back and get either one would alleviate the blow if they become a bust in the future. Looking at youtube viedos isnt going to help the argument because they are meant for highlights and I dont think youtube videos would show a compilation of dropped balls. Im not a scout to say how big a difference they are in skill or not, because those guys breakdown every game and every catch or drop they have had at the college career.

I understand you cant argue about trading back and yes last year was the 1st but if you havent noticed that Whaley was GM and was his 1st year as GM so it could happen again if the price is right.
_________________


Thanks Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 4217
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I think Evans is just to raw still and needs some work same goes with Benjamin but being able to slide back and get either one would alleviate the blow if they become a bust in the future. Looking at youtube viedos isnt going to help the argument because they are meant for highlights and I dont think youtube videos would show a compilation of dropped balls. Im not a scout to say how big a difference they are in skill or not, because those guys breakdown every game and every catch or drop they have had at the college career.

I understand you cant argue about trading back and yes last year was the 1st but if you havent noticed that Whaley was GM and was his 1st year as GM so it could happen again if the price is right.


Buddy Nix was still calling the shots this time last year and especially during the draft. I know Whaley had input but we can't base what happened last year and try to predict this draft.

As for Evans, I have been on his bandwagon since before the season ended and after the combine it just cemented my thoughts. He is much better then Benjamin...I wouldn't even call him a consolation prize. I could see Benjamin falling to the 2nd and I doubt Evans makes it out of the top 10.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2391
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one heck of an off-season & draft! Frankly, you had me at Moses in the 2nd! He's still my fave this year.

As for the Evans pick...I get it. He likely would be gone one way or another in the top 10 and he fulfills a need. Personally, I'm not 100% sold on him yet, but I agree he is definitely a better option than Benjamin. My beef with any player chosen in the top 10 who still needs work is just that - I expect a top 10 player to be ready. I expect him to play now and think that's a fair return on investment for a top 10 pick. I don't like burning those picks on someone with "potential" or "upside". Evans' game is reliant on manhandling college kids and he also has great hands. Other than that, I'm not so sure he's a top 10 elite WR. The hands should be fine at the next level, but there's no guarantee that he'll be physically dominating vs. NFL caliber CB's. I know we need a big bodied possession receiver on the team, but his shortcomings (somewhat slow getting to full speed and inability to separate without shoving or out-jumping his opponent) contribute to why I prefer a more complete defensive player in Mosley or Mack with that pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9628
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Evans at 9 is still amazing value and if Sammy Watkins is there we have to take a hard look.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
BigBillsFan13


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 17098
Location: So Cal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
This is one heck of an off-season & draft! Frankly, you had me at Moses in the 2nd! He's still my fave this year.

As for the Evans pick...I get it. He likely would be gone one way or another in the top 10 and he fulfills a need. Personally, I'm not 100% sold on him yet, but I agree he is definitely a better option than Benjamin. My beef with any player chosen in the top 10 who still needs work is just that - I expect a top 10 player to be ready. I expect him to play now and think that's a fair return on investment for a top 10 pick. I don't like burning those picks on someone with "potential" or "upside". Evans' game is reliant on manhandling college kids and he also has great hands. Other than that, I'm not so sure he's a top 10 elite WR. The hands should be fine at the next level, but there's no guarantee that he'll be physically dominating vs. NFL caliber CB's. I know we need a big bodied possession receiver on the team, but his shortcomings (somewhat slow getting to full speed and inability to separate without shoving or out-jumping his opponent) contribute to why I prefer a more complete defensive player in Mosley or Mack with that pick.

The bolded are my exact feelings as well.

That said, this is a very nice offseason overall.
_________________
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group