Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers interested in Michael Bennett?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
struby3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: 49ers interested in Michael Bennett? Reply with quote

Figured this deserved it's own thread, since Bennett is such a big name.

PFT just tweeted this:
Quote:
An NFC West bidding war could be coming between the 49ers and Seahawks for DE Michael Bennett. Story coming at PFT.

It could end up being rubbish, but who knows. I will post the story when they publish it.

In regards to the rumor, I'm surprised. What need would he feel, other than adding another great player to the roster?
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers interested in Michael Bennett? Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:

PFT just tweeted this:
Quote:
An NFC West bidding war could be coming between the 49ers and Seahawks for DE Michael Bennett. Story coming at PFT.

It could end up being rubbish, but who knows. I will post the story when they publish it.

In regards to the rumor, I'm surprised. What need would he feel, other than adding another great player to the roster?

Not really sure we have the room or the cap space for him so maybe this is a way to drive the price up for the Seahawks and make them over pay for him?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be an interesting signing for sure. I wouldn't quite understand it given the rotation it would cause to get him, justin, raymac and tank on the field. That'd be a lot of money to pay.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
struby3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/49ers-could-make-a-run-at-michael-bennett/

Quote:
The negotiations already are occurring, discreetly and hypothetically. Some believe that the 49ers will make a run at Bennett, which would in one fell swoop help the Niners and hurt their chief rivals for supremacy in the division, the conference, and the league.

Itís entirely possible that the 49ers are feigning interest in order to force the Seahawks to pay Bennett more than the Seahawks want to pay him. Ultimately, every extra dollar paid to Bennett is one less dollar that would be available for someone else.

Pure speculation apparently. Regardless, I don't think it would be a good use of our cap space. Guarantee it doesn't happen.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from PFT? then it is nothing more then their "hunch" on the situation. I really don't see the fit on our def. Can he play end on first and second down or will he be nothing more than a third down pass rusher? plus He's looking to cash in so I really don't think there is anything here..
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFCW Storage Wars. Run up the price!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers interested in Michael Bennett? Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
struby3 wrote:

PFT just tweeted this:
Quote:

Not really sure we have the room or the cap space for him so maybe this is a way to drive the price up for the Seahawks and make them over pay for him?

We get a double benefit whenever we can add a good player to our roster and at the same time take one away from Seattle's roster. He's better than McDonald and maybe better than Justin, and younger than both. And except for the possibility that Tank becomes a stud we really have no one to replace those two guys. So go ahead and get him if we can. Worst that happens is we help drive up the price and hurt Seattle that way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's his price tag going to be anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

expensive. He took a below maeket deal last year and bet on himself. He won. I have to imagine that he's gunning for breaking the bank this time around.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
AMG1713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the interest would be anything more than just to drive up the price for the Seahawks. However, I like the idea of getting another pass rushing DLineman, which is why I wouldn't mind throwing out a 1 year prove it deal to Henry Melton.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

expensive. He took a below maeket deal last year and bet on himself. He won. I have to imagine that he's gunning for breaking the bank this time around.

yeah he's going to break the bank. He probably won't get as much as greg hardy and michael johnson but he could be the third highest DE signing behind those two.
Psychlone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4-3 base with Bowman out? Or more BS from another unnamed source? I'll guess B...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
4-3 base with Bowman out? Or more BS from another unnamed source? I'll guess B...

RE - Smith, Lemonier
NT - Smith, Dorsey, Williams, Dial
UT - McDonald, Jerod-Eddie,
LE - Bennett, Carradine,

WILL - Brooks, Skuta
MIKE - Willis, Wilhoite
SAM - Bowman, Moody

Our starting tackles would be a bit light, but plenty of beef to rotate in. That front seven would be absolutely legendary.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

RE - Smith, Lemonier
LE - Bennett, Carradine,

WILL - Brooks, Skuta
MIKE - Willis, Wilhoite
SAM - Bowman, Moody

Our starting tackles would be a bit light, but plenty of beef to rotate in. That front seven would be absolutely legendary.

Holy hell.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
struby3 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

RE - Smith, Lemonier
LE - Bennett, Carradine,

WILL - Brooks, Skuta
MIKE - Willis, Wilhoite
SAM - Bowman, Moody

Holy hell.
No kidding!
"A" looks a lot better now seeing it on the screen. But that's a lot a change we'd be ponying up on the line. Still betting on BS...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: