Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
Sanzenbacher has been re-signed. No word on if it's a new contract or he just signed his tender.

EDIT: Looks like he signed his tender.

I wouldnt mind him getting looks in the slot this year to replace Hawkins

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
DatDudeKB3 wrote:
Sanzenbacher has been re-signed. No word on if it's a new contract or he just signed his tender.

EDIT: Looks like he signed his tender.

I wouldnt mind him getting looks in the slot this year to replace Hawkins

Agreed. Also as a PR.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanzenbacher's deal looks like a 1 year deal worth 1.2. Before it was 1.4, so it looks like the Bengals got a little discount.

Jason Campbell's contract has been announced as well. We knew it was a 1 year deal, but it is worth 1.6 Million.

And I know nobody is gonna care because hes not gonna be on the roster next year, but hes a former Bengal so I must report news on him. Zoltan Mesko worked out with the Redskins 2 days ago.
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We signed Sam Montgomery. Former 3rd Round pick for the Texans (slid because of attitude) who they tried to stand up as an outside backer (strictly a 4-3 end imo). Was cut in December for violating team rules (involved marijuana).

I don稚 think he値l make team, but I知 actually pretty glad we brought him in. Definitely worth a shot.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DatDudeKB3 wrote:
We signed Sam Montgomery. Former 3rd Round pick for the Texans (slid because of attitude) who they tried to stand up as an outside backer (strictly a 4-3 end imo). Was cut in December for violating team rules (involved marijuana).

I don稚 think he値l make team, but I知 actually pretty glad we brought him in. Definitely worth a shot.

I like the signing. Low risk and could pay off. He was solid at LSU and could be a good rotational guy for us if he sticks. I was a fan of him coming out so let's see.

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
DatDudeKB3 wrote:

I like the signing. Low risk and could pay off. He was solid at LSU and could be a good rotational guy for us if he sticks. I was a fan of him coming out so let's see.

I was too. Glad to give him a shot, but if he hasn't changed his work habits since LSU, he won't make it past first cuts in camp.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
DatDudeKB3 wrote:

I was too. Glad to give him a shot, but if he hasn't changed his work habits since LSU, he won't make it past first cuts in camp.

Which is fine. We have done pretty solid with guys with questionable motors (MJ and Dunlap). This is a typical Bengals signing similar to Maybin and Harvey

DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
DatDudeKB3 wrote:

Agreed. I didn't want to use a pick on him last year because of his attitude, but his talent is undeniable. Hopefully he gets it together.
sparky151

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montgomery looks to me like a less talented, lazier version of Harvey.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most. I didn't want to draft the dude, but low risk high reward signing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bengals choose not to draft DE very early in the Draft, Montgomery has a chance to make the roster. He's only been in the league one year and he hasn't played any games yet, so he could still turn into something. He was once viewed as a #1 overall pick. He definitely deserves a chance, he might be worth it just as long as he stays out of trouble.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
If the Bengals choose not to draft DE very early in the Draft, Montgomery has a chance to make the roster. He's only been in the league one year and he hasn't played any games yet, so he could still turn into something. He was once viewed as a #1 overall pick. He definitely deserves a chance, he might be worth it just as long as he stays out of trouble.

......Montgomery is listed on 'bengals.com' as a LB.......
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

And Marshall Newhouse is listed as an OG, which is clearly not his position.

Montgomery is clearly a 4-3 DE. Pushing him in an already more than crowded group of LB's as it is makes no sense at all.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Montgomery is clearly a 4-3 DE. Pushing him in an already more than crowded group of LB's as it is makes no sense at all.

Don't know if Montgomery with play DE or LB or a hybrid like Moch.

We currently have 13 D-linemen for probably eight spots, and 11 LB's for 6 likely spots, They both seem pretty crowded to me,,,,,,,,,
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Don't know if Montgomery with play DE or LB or a hybrid like Moch.

We currently have 13 D-linemen for probably eight spots, and 11 LB's for 6 likely spots, They both seem pretty crowded to me,,,,,,,,,

I say 9 spots for the Dline and possibly 7 LB spots. The extra QB they may carry will come from only keeping 6 WRs. Last year we kept 4 TEs, which likely won't re-occur. They can capture an extra spot by keeping only 9 Olinemen, since they seem to be finding as many versatile guys as possible (with giving up an extra roster spot in mind)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: