Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the "worst case" player at 18?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really surprised to see all the hate on Lee. He was the consensus best WR in college football going into the season and didn't really do a lot to hurt that stock besides having a bit of dropsies. I don't think he hurt his stock at all, he just didn't improve it whereas Watkins and Evans did.

Beckham doesn't really impress me too much. As an Alabama fan I have seen him play a ton and I think I have a pretty decent read on him and he seems pretty redundant with Kerley. He and Lee have almost the exact same measurables but I think Lee projects as a #1 wideout. Beckham will be a solid addition to an offense somewhere but I think Lee fits a need much better for us.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
I'm gonna laugh so hard if Lee wins roty

There's so many worse picks than Lee

- Benjamin
- Carlos Hyde
- Derek Carr
- haha Clinton-Dix (who i think is by far the most overrated prospect)
- Jimmy Garappolo

Man, none of you guys can even think of someone worse than Lee? That's pretty sad considering he's a legit possibility and a definate need

None of us r good enough player evaluators to justify hating Lee, if we were we'd be working for the nfl or scouts inc, and even those guys get it wrong more often than not.

I'd be more upset if we reached for a qb than Lee... Think outside the box a little more

I agree with your list except Jimmy Garoppolo. I would be mad if we reached at 18 to get him but I honestly think hes going to be a really good player in the league.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lee is our worst case scenario then I'm alright with that. I actually like Lee better than most people I think. That being said I hope we do everything in our power to trade up to snag Watkins.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I worry with Lee is I think he's a product of a QB making him better rather than him making his QB better. I know he was battling an injury this season, but I also think he was more exposed talent wise with Barkley no longer throwing him the ball. I honestly think that was more the reason for his drop off rather than all the other excuses I here his fans say. He just is an above average player IMO. And an above average player in the PAC 12 has no business being in the 1st round IMO.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about Lee that might appeal to the Jets is his familiarity and effectiveness running the routes favored in a West Coast offense. Ourlads.com, which is a draft site run by former NFL scouts, has him rated as the second best receiver behind Sammy Watkins. I always look to them on players I'm not familiar with (they nailed the rating on Sheldon Richardson last year, as one example)

With MM in the building, I'm much more confident about the Jet's ability to select offensive players than I have in the past.Some guys are going to be looked at as better fits then others for what he likes to do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquise Lee reminds me tons of Harry Douglas. And I like Harry Douglas but he's not a 1st round worthy pick. I wouldn't mind Lee in the 2nd round, I just don't think he's 1st round worthy with his skill set.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
If Lee is our worst case scenario then I'm alright with that. I actually like Lee better than most people I think. That being said I hope we do everything in our power to trade up to snag Watkins.

I agree 100%. If Lee is worse case i would be very happy.

I think worse case would be that the QB's all fall. Most teams wait on them. Texans pick Clowney, Browns pick Watkins and go with Hoyer, Raiders go with Ebron, Vikings sign Vick and go with Mack. When we pick we can choose from most of the QB's. This would hurt more than anything. If we pick one than Geno will think he is not in the long term plans.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
I'm gonna laugh so hard if Lee wins roty

There's so many worse picks than Lee

- Benjamin
- Carlos Hyde
- Derek Carr
- haha Clinton-Dix (who i think is by far the most overrated prospect)
- Jimmy Garappolo

Man, none of you guys can even think of someone worse than Lee? That's pretty sad considering he's a legit possibility and a definate need

None of us r good enough player evaluators to justify hating Lee, if we were we'd be working for the nfl or scouts inc, and even those guys get it wrong more often than not.

I'd be more upset if we reached for a qb than Lee... Think outside the box a little more

I agree with your list except Jimmy Garoppolo. I would be mad if we reached at 18 to get him but I honestly think hes going to be a really good player in the league.

I agree but I think it would be a major reach, especially if Carr is still on the board.

Wouldn't b surprised if we drafted a guy no one even thought to mock here. That's why my mocks are so unique, I don't follow what fans think, I try to foillow what I think Idzik would think.

Guys, don't sleep on Zach Martin at #18. CBS has him rated as the #12 best player in the draft and if he's there at #18 I think the Jets seriously consider taking him.

I'd be annoyed but I really think Martin would wind up as a great guard immediately

I think he's going to be in my next Mock and everyone could tell me how much they hate it lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the New York Jets select Sdotnova. I think if the jets were to draft me, most fans would be pretty upset. I have to be the worse case scenario. J/K.

Worse case is:
1) three pass rushers are off the board
2) Ebron, Watkins, Evans, Beckham Jr, Lee, Cooks, Matthews off
3) three tackles are off the board
4) Gilbert and Dennard
5) Pryor and Clinton-Dix are off the table
6) Jets can't trade back

In this situation, I think we go with a player like Zack Martin. Not a bad worse case. As long as we go BPA, we should expect to get an impact player at 18
RDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDotNova wrote:
With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the New York Jets select Sdotnova. I think if the jets were to draft me, most fans would be pretty upset. I have to be the worse case scenario. J/K.

Worse case is:
1) three pass rushers are off the board
2) Ebron, Watkins, Evans, Beckham Jr, Lee, Cooks, Matthews off
3) three tackles are off the board
4) Gilbert and Dennard
5) Pryor and Clinton-Dix are off the table
6) Jets can't trade back

In this situation, I think we go with a player like Zack Martin. Not a bad worse case. As long as we go BPA, we should expect to get an impact player at 18

In that situation I take Teddy Bridgewater right? cause no quarterbacks were taken... lol
TheManager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst Case Scenario, we draft Marqise Lee. He is fragile, catches like a bread basket. Lee is overrated and just another USC standout with the inability to make the leap.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee, Amaro, Martin, Benjamin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D Line or QB
Abe56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Amaro

64 Tackles, 10.5 Sacks, 6 STF, 2 FF, 1 INT, 3 PD

2nd Team All Pro

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abe56 wrote:
Probably Amaro

I don't even consider him a viable option at 18. I would rather go with a guy like Gilbert or Pryor at this point.

Realistically speaking, I'd say Lee, but I won't even be that upset about that.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: