Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the "worst case" player at 18?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Who is the "worst case" player at 18? Reply with quote

So imagine the board falls in the worst way possible, either based on the needs of the teams picking in front of us or the possibility of a team trading in front of us to snag a target of ours like the Rams and Tavon Austin last year. Who do we get in your absolute worst case scenario?

I see a few mocks that have us going for Brandin Cooks with Watkins, Evans, Lee, and Ebron gone. Cooks is a fine player but I would be bummed if he was our top target at 18.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell right now. I'd be bummed if say we passed on a guy like Beckham and drafted Lee instead, but it's not like I would've been upset with the pick.

I will say this, if we take another defensive lineman in the first I will be a little pissed off Laughing
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Hard to tell right now. I'd be bummed if say we passed on a guy like Beckham and drafted Lee instead, but it's not like I would've been upset with the pick.

I will say this, if we take another defensive lineman in the first I will be a little pissed off Laughing

Not just DL, if we take any player on defense I will be a lil miffed lol. We need a starting WR or TE with our first pick IMO.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee. I'm going to be inconsolable if we draft Lee.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say worse case would be a guy like David Carr falling and we snag him, lol

Props to JMG on the sig
RDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marqise lee... dude is not good
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
marqise lee... dude is not good

Agreed. And honestly if we go defense in the first two rounds I will flip. Obviously this is all contingent on free agency but there's no excuse for defense until round 3 unless a top 15 pick falls to our pick in the second. I'm beyond tired of a bottom 5 offense every single year, even the years we were good. Time to score points and get the defense off the field. The defense will benefit from having a better offense. Kill two birds with one stone and beef up this offense entirely.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Martin, not that he's bad value but I just wouldn't love the pick

Could see us taking him tho, get the feeling Idzik will fall in love with his ability to play G at a high level but also swing to tackle in the future

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically as long as we don't take Lee or Benjamin or another 3-4 DLinemen then I'll be a happy Camper
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly worst case IMO is if we draft Lee. I think he's highly overrated. If hate to see us choose him with other WRs on the board. Let's say Watkins, Evans and Ebron are gone. I personally have Matthews, OBJ and Cooks ranked higher than Lee. I only think Matthews and OBJ are 18 worthy, but I wouldn't be pissed if we got Cooks or Amaro, even though I think there's better options. Lee I just don't see anything great from, I think guys ranked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds are better WRs than him, but I know a lot of people who view him as a top 3 WR in this draft, I just hope we don't.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Honestly worst case IMO is if we draft Lee. I think he's highly overrated. If hate to see us choose him with other WRs on the board. Let's say Watkins, Evans and Ebron are gone. I personally have Matthews, OBJ and Cooks ranked higher than Lee. I only think Matthews and OBJ are 18 worthy, but I wouldn't be pissed if we got Cooks or Amaro, even though I think there's better options. Lee I just don't see anything great from, I think guys ranked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds are better WRs than him, but I know a lot of people who view him as a top 3 WR in this draft, I just hope we don't.

Ya basically agree with this

As much as I am gung ho about fixing the Offense, if they are between Lee and a defensive player I would rather them go D and address O in the second and third rounds... that is how much I don't want Lee.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Lee wins roty

There's so many worse picks than Lee

- Benjamin
- Carlos Hyde
- Derek Carr
- haha Clinton-Dix (who i think is by far the most overrated prospect)
- Jimmy Garappolo

Man, none of you guys can even think of someone worse than Lee? That's pretty sad considering he's a legit possibility and a definate need

None of us r good enough player evaluators to justify hating Lee, if we were we'd be working for the nfl or scouts inc, and even those guys get it wrong more often than not.

I'd be more upset if we reached for a qb than Lee... Think outside the box a little more

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
I'm gonna laugh so hard if Lee wins roty

There's so many worse picks than Lee

- Benjamin
- Carlos Hyde
- Derek Carr
- haha Clinton-Dix (who i think is by far the most overrated prospect)
- Jimmy Garappolo

Man, none of you guys can even think of someone worse than Lee? That's pretty sad considering he's a legit possibility and a definate need

None of us r good enough player evaluators to justify hating Lee, if we were we'd be working for the nfl or scouts inc, and even those guys get it wrong more often than not.

I'd be more upset if we reached for a qb than Lee... Think outside the box a little more

I can think of a lot of people worse than Lee, but not out of the people that we are frequently mocked, or I hink we actually might take in the first.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much anyone but:

Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Odell Beckham Jr.
Jordan Matthews
Brandin Cooks
Eric Ebron

That's not including guys like Clowney and Mack that have no chance of falling to 18.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I can think of a whole bunch of players I'd be upset if we drafted at 18, but I'm being realistic at the same time. I'm thinking of players that are actual possibilities that I don't want. That's why I said Lee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: