Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As Brian23 said: Riley to Re-sign with the Skins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Donald Butler worth $6.5 million.. ?? something like 73 tackes and 13 assisted tackles ..WHAT !?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
How is Donald Butler worth $6.5 million.. ?? something like 73 tackes and 13 assisted tackles ..WHAT !?
He's good in coverage I believe. He's an all around good line backer. Good leader and in his prime, he should get better over the next several seasons before he declines in his 30s

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Let him walk rather spend money on a leader like dansby- n sign or let a young ilb player our momey needs to be spent on the secondary and interior ol and a wr.

We dont need a guybwhisbselfish woth money n we can live without him.

Co-sign Dansby...
Give me Dansby and either Yawin Smallwood or Ryan Shazier in the 2nd round...
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Makes no sense. He was not a 100 tackle LB. He didnt really do much in the light of what Ellerbe had done in Baltimore.

He has to bring his expectations down, sign a short term contract and prove that he deserves that kind of money. Period.

Back to back 100+ tackle seasons.

Riley is the most reliable player on that defense and has been groomed to be the play caller.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Makes no sense. He was not a 100 tackle LB. He didnt really do much in the light of what Ellerbe had done in Baltimore.

He has to bring his expectations down, sign a short term contract and prove that he deserves that kind of money. Period.

Riley is the most reliable player on that defense and has been groomed to be the play caller.
Well Rak, Kerrigan and Cofield are more Reliable, but Riley would be next.

Riley should be getting in the neighborhood of 5 mill a year, not 7.

I think that's ultimately what he'll get. In DC or somewhere else

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really hope they let him walk and go after Spikes and Rey from Cincy. I think that'd be a boss ILB pairing.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
I really really hope they let him walk and go after Spikes and Rey from Cincy. I think that'd be a boss ILB pairing.
I don't see why they can't sign all 3, depending on the price of Riley & Spikes.

I don't see Rey getting a huge contract. At most a few million. Both spikes a Riley should be around 5 million a year.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/08/jaguars-sign-red-bryant/

Well, knock Red Bryant off your list

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I wonder if Jeremy Kimbrough has healed up from the torn labrum.. He and Will Compton, two UDFAs could be our inside backers.. along with Keenan Robinson . Laughing

I wouldn't put too much faith in Jeremy Kimbrough, but obviously if Keenan Robinson can stay healthy, he could become a starter but it'd be hard after missing a year and a half of football.

I have a lot of faith in Will Compton to make the team this year as our 4th ILB.

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Neither Rak nor Kerrigan have been healthy. Cofield is overrated on this board. Riley is the best player on the defense. He just doesnt get the sexy stats.

Donald Butler is earning 6.5 mil. Riley is worth at least 7. Oh and when you're a poorly run team that is probably looking at another losing season, you overpay to get players.
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Neither Rak nor Kerrigan have been healthy. Cofield is overrated on this board. Riley is the best player on the defense. He just doesnt get the sexy stats.

Donald Butler is earning 6.5 mil. Riley is worth at least 7. Oh and when you're a poorly run team that is probably looking at another losing season, you overpay to get players.

Rak hasnt been healthy, but Kerrigan has never missed a game to my knowlegde. Cofirld makeks it possible for Riley to get tackles so I would value him before Perry. If Perry wants the money he is asking for, he shouldve easily took advantage of the decline of London last year and balled out. To often he was out of position or just chasing the ball instead of playing diciplined. Perry is getting their but he isnt their just yet.

Best case scenario, we re-sign Riley after his wake up call. We get Spikes to play on 1st and 2nd down. An bring in Kennan Robinson on passing downs.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Where is this coming from?

1. All players in the NFL get injuries. If you think you're going to draft or sign a player and they're going to never get injured you're kidding yourself.

2. Rak missed has missed a total of 16 games in 5 years and 15 of those games were because of the same pectoral injury. One of them was the final game of last year when there was nothing to play for and he pulled a groin vs the Cowboys.

You don't like him! We get it, but don't make up things that aren't true to prove your point.

Neither Orakpo nor Kerrigan are injury prone! Period!

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonb2005 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Rak hasnt been healthy, but Kerrigan has never missed a game to my knowlegde. Cofirld makeks it possible for Riley to get tackles so I would value him before Perry. If Perry wants the money he is asking for, he shouldve easily took advantage of the decline of London last year and balled out. To often he was out of position or just chasing the ball instead of playing diciplined. Perry is getting their but he isnt their just yet.

Best case scenario, we re-sign Riley after his wake up call. We get Spikes to play on 1st and 2nd down. An bring in Kennan Robinson on passing downs.
This! 100% agree. It's nice when someone else knows what they're talking about

Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonb2005 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Kerrigan wasn't healthy and it showed last season. Cofield is already regressing and showing his age. He has a year left as a starter. He was never a real solution to NT.

Riley was good last year. By far the most consistent player on the defense. Couple that with the fact that he was essentially learning a new position and also learning how to manage the defense and I would say last season was quite good for him. Letting him go now would be idiotic.

Robinson has played in all of 11 games. He's shown nothing. THere is no reason to believe that a guy who has ended the last two seasons on IR is going to come in and be a quality starter.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurgundyBlog.com ‏@BurgundyBlog 4m
Perry Riley has re-signed with the #Redskins. Will be announced tomorrow.

For what its worth, have seen or heard nothing else about this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: