Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As Brian23 said: Riley to Re-sign with the Skins
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: As Brian23 said: Riley to Re-sign with the Skins Reply with quote

@NBCDiana Perry Riley will return and play for the Washington Redskins. Deal is done. #Redskins #NFLFreeAgency
9:45pm - 10 Mar 14

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/report-perry-riley-to-re-sign-with-redskins/

Good news! And I'm sure because it didn't happen right away that it didn't cost as much as Riley wanted it to.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:14 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes no sense. He was not a 100 tackle LB. He didnt really do much in the light of what Ellerbe had done in Baltimore.

He has to bring his expectations down, sign a short term contract and prove that he deserves that kind of money. Period.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he the only Redskin F A we have left to even vaugely care about ?? Anyone else we need to consider ?/ Looking forward to next week to see who we jump on..
Man we need to come up with a LOAD of players .. FA,s, Draft picks, Undrafted FA's , Street clothes ..
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Is he the only Redskin F A we have left to even vaugely care about ?? Anyone else we need to consider ?/ Man, Looking forward to next week to see who we jump on..
Man we need to come up with a LOAD of players .. FA,s, Draft picks, Undrafted FA's , Street clothes ..
I think so. I mean, I wouldn't mid having Meriweather, Doughty and Moss back because they're good vets who know their roles and can do them well and they bring good competition but they are high profile guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big deal its not like Riley is that great of a player he is clearly over-valuing himself.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad we don't hand out $50 mil contracts like candy anymore.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Riley but if he is going to act stuck up and think he is better then he is and demand a large contract then he can hit the market and get a much needed reality check. We don't need players like that especially when our defense is what it is.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let him walk rather spend money on a leader like dansby- n sign or let a young ilb player our momey needs to be spent on the secondary and interior ol and a wr.

We dont need a guybwhisbselfish woth money n we can live without him.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins Riley still far apart on negotiations Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://realredskins.com/2014/03/05/report-redskins-riley-still-far-apart-in-contract-talks/

Not looking good for Riley. I think he's going to regrets this. I do not think that he's going to get a contract like he wants and if he plays around too much with us, he may not even get a contract like we're offering outside of us.

I think he's playing too much hard ball here, looking for that Ellerbe contract that will never come IMO.

If I were the redskins I'd let him explore FA. Once he finds out that his value is not even what we were offering before FA, we then sign him for less than what we offered him pre-FA.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins Riley still far apart on negotiations Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://realredskins.com/2014/03/05/report-redskins-riley-still-far-apart-in-contract-talks/

Not looking good for Riley. I think he's going to regrets this. I do not think that he's going to get a contract like he wants and if he plays around too much with us, he may not even get a contract like we're offering outside of us.

I think he's playing too much hard ball here, looking for that Ellerbe contract that will never come IMO.

If I were the redskins I'd let him explore FA. Once he finds out that his value is not even what we were offering before FA, we then sign him for less than what we offered him pre-FA.
yeah. I agree. Once he shops himself he'll realize that the market just isn't there for him like he thinks
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts signed D'Qwell Jackson 4 years $22 mill, $11 guaranteed.. Statistically he was better than Riley. 75/66= 141 total tackles 1 FF and 1 int.. Vs. 72/43= 115 total tackles , no FF and 1 Int.
Does this set the price kinda --for Riley..What is he asking , anyone know ?
Dashing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Colts signed D'Qwell Jackson 4 years $22 mill, $11 guaranteed.. Statistically he was better than Riley. 75/66= 141 total tackles 1 FF and 1 int.. Vs. 72/43= 115 total tackles , no FF and 1 Int.
Does this set the price kinda --for Riley..What is he asking , anyone know ?
riley will end up a 1 year deal watch
Sassan11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins Riley still far apart on negotiations Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I agree with this but sometimes a players ego gets in the way and he will sign else where but like I said its no biggie if we lose him.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Jeremy Kimbrough has healed up from the torn labrum.. He and Will Compton, two UDFAs could be our inside backers.. along with Keenan Robinson . Laughing
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Qwell Jackson signed with the colts for 4 year 22 mill 11 guaranteed. This will help the Redskins in negotiations with Riley. 5.5 mill a year for a much more accomplished player. I realize Jackson is much older than Riley! I don't see any team giving Riley 7 mill a year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: