Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other than Watkins, Who is the next best WR in the Draft?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

other than WR Sammy Watkins (Clemson), Who will be the best Wide receiver out of this draft?
Allen Robinson -- PENN STATE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brandin Cooks -- OREGON STATE
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Jordan Matthews -- Vanderbilt
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Mike Evans -- Texas A&M
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Marqise Lee -- USC
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Odell Beckham Jr. -- LSU
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Davante Adams -- Fresno State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kelvin Benjamin -- Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jarvis Landry -- LSU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paul Richardson -- Colorado
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brandon Coleman -- Rutgers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bruce Ellington -- South Carolina
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Martavius Bryant -- Clemson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Other than Watkins, Who is the next best WR in the Draft? Reply with quote

Make your choice. Explain your choice. And live with your choice.

We will see whose right in a few years.

RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My choice.... Odell Beckham Jr.

If you watch tape, he consistently catches the ball with his hands and hardly ever uses his body. He has the speed to be a deep threat and has shown he can be in tape. People don't see it but Mettenberger underthrows him a lot. With a consistent quarterback, whose accurate deep, Beckham would be a threat. Hes a solid route runner too. Never really does he misread throws or reads from the defense.

I like Beckham and I think hes going to surprise a lot of you guys.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Evans for me. He's getting overlooked IMO. His size, speed and ability to play physical fits prefect in the new style defenses are going with at CB. Just not sure he'll be there at 18.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so hard. Not sure tbh.

Side note: Evans does nothing for me.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only WR I don't like is Benjamin, so I would be happy with any of them.

But I have to go with Jordan Matthews.

He's a complete guy. I can't question the competition he went up against. All the QB's he had won't get drafted. He had to make up a lot for the Bad QB play. When you watch his highlights, you can see how late the QB was throwing to him in come back routes. It was really bad. If size is a huge factor to you, he's big enough. Great route runner that uses head fakes, sinks his hips, and plants strong before changing directions. He's strong and jumped a solid 35 1/2 inches. Ran a good 40time.

One major thing that caught my attention is the confidence he plays with and the good character he is. He run the ball back to the QB after every catch he makes at practice. He is deep into film study. He doesn't settle. I've seen games where he did a little trash talking after beating DB's. Especially vs Florida the season before last. There is something about him that make me believe what ever his weaknesses are, they won't last for long. 1st or 2nd round, I would be happy with the pick.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
jetfan8178

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

He's a complete guy. I can't question the competition he went up against. All the QB's he had won't get drafted. He had to make up a lot for the Bad QB play. When you watch his highlights, you can see how late the QB was throwing to him in come back routes. It was really bad. If size is a huge factor to you, he's big enough. Great route runner that uses head fakes, sinks his hips, and plants strong before changing directions. He's strong and jumped a solid 35 1/2 inches. Ran a good 40time.

One major thing that caught my attention is the confidence he plays with and the good character he is. He run the ball back to the QB after every catch he makes at practice. He is deep into film study. He doesn't settle. I've seen games where he did a little trash talking after beating DB's. Especially vs Florida the season before last. There is something about him that make me believe what ever his weaknesses are, they won't last for long. 1st or 2nd round, I would be happy with the pick.

My vote for alot of the same reasons. Also for the fact that we could trade down, get an extra pick and still land him. hes the type of guy that loves the game and respects the fact that he gets paid to play it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfan8178 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

My vote for alot of the same reasons. Also for the fact that we could trade down, get an extra pick and still land him. hes the type of guy that loves the game and respects the fact that he gets paid to play it.

Same here. Matthews still has my pick at 18, he's the most polished WR in this draft and a perfect fit in our offense.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
jetfan8178 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Same here. Matthews still has my pick at 18, he's the most polished WR in this draft and a perfect fit in our offense.

I agree. I wouldn't be mad if he was the pick at 18, but if we could trade back with someone like San diego and get him at 25 + a extra pick, it would be great.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
jetfan8178 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I doubt Matthews even goes in round 1.

I think Mike Evans is the 2nd best WR, hes 6'5 and knows how to box out CBs and attack the football. He'll be a threat on the outside.

I like Odell Beckham and Brandin Cooks more at 18 than Matthews.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be Mike Evans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Mike Evans. Can't teach size.

His attitude might be a problem though.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, aside from Watkins, its so hard to gauge where any of these WRs will go.

Some of these guys will slip even into the 3rd round; look at Keenan Allen for example.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evans. The next Vincent Jackson in my opinion.

Props to JMG on the sig
jetfan8178

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If size is everything at Wr lets just continue to develop Hill... Hes got size and speed so talent will just be taught to him right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfan8178 wrote:
If size is everything at Wr lets just continue to develop Hill... Hes got size and speed so talent will just be taught to him right?

Hill was a raw prospect that was supposed to have incredible speed and an ability to stretch the field. However, some doubted him because he lacked experience at the position. He did not have ball skills (great hands, ability to box defenders, killer instinct in attacking the ball, etc) or refined route running/footwork. All of those are things people believe can be taught. Hill has come along in terms of route running, I believe, but he still really lacks ball skills, and he seems stiff on the field. It's likely due to his lack of comfort level that we haven't seen Hill make electrifying plays, but who knows if he'll get there or not.

Mike Evans does not have the same speed as Hill, but he's got a bit of a stronger build. Most importantly, Evans HAS ball skills. He knows how to go up for the contested ball, how to make any catch without wasted movement and effort, and isn't uncomfortable receiving the football. He's not the most fluid athlete, but he's not a statue either. At 6'5 with good ball skills, it's much easier to complete a pass to Mike Evans even if he's not entirely open. The Jets don't have that type of player. Hill isn't that type of player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: