Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jimmy Garoppolo
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Jimmy Garoppolo Reply with quote

I heard this kid did a workout with Harbs. I'm not going to lie...I like him a lot! What are the chances of us getting him? Not saying anything related to Kap but you know know!

Does a private workout hold any weight or is it more of a formality?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all we know, it might be part of the smoke screen. Or maybe Harbaugh just takes the freedom to personally scout any QB he wants, because it gives him a thrill.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
For all we know, it might be part of the smoke screen. Or maybe Harbaugh just takes the freedom to personally scout any QB he wants, because it gives him a thrill.

You know, that actually sounds like something Jim would do.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

You know, that actually sounds like something Jim would do.

Like working out with Peyton... he did not have any interest in him (wink wink), he just wanted to play catch.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read many think he is very overrated and nothing but a back up QB in this league. Well, we need a back up and anything in the 3rd round in fine with me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I've read many think he is very overrated and nothing but a back up QB in this league. Well, we need a back up and anything in the 3rd round in fine with me.

I can see this. I think he could potentially develop into something more than a backup, but I'm not buying all of this 1st round talk.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to draft him in 2nd-3rd and see what Harb could do with him..

There are 2 things I love about him that Kaep doesn't have/do is

1) his release is SUPER quick, it really stands out when you watch the tape

2) he constantly moves his feet in the pocket allowing him to efficiently move around the pocket and get his feet set on throws
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:

2) he constantly moves his feet in the pocket allowing him to efficiently move around the pocket and get his feet set on throws

If only Kaep would learn these skills/habits...no telling what we would have experienced in the last two years! Confused
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

If only Kaep would learn these skills/habits...no telling what we would have experienced in the last two years! Confused

I'm missing something, did we have a losing record and miss the playoffs these last few years?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

I'm missing something, did we have a losing record and miss the playoffs these last few years?

Nope--we lost IN the superbowl for the first time in 9ers history (no, Kaep is not the only reason for that loss--we have debated that already!) and lost in the NFC championship because of multiple QB mistakes. Did you really want to stir that up again?! I just want him to be better at his job. Is that too much to ask?
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Nope--we lost IN the superbowl for the first time in 9ers history (no, Kaep is not the only reason for that loss--we have debated that already!) and lost in the NFC championship because of multiple QB mistakes. Did you really want to stir that up again?! I just want him to be better at his job. Is that too much to ask?

+1.. This team has clearly been deep playoff good for years now.. just getting there is not enough anymore, and it shouldn't be. Kaep was a part of why we achieved success over these last 2 seasons... but he was easily a huge part of why we got tossed out on our collective arse too. Kaep has a number of reg. season games where we could smile and be dazzled by his talent... he even has a handful or more of plays in the playoffs that produce the same euphoria... but all of that doesn't mean much if he fails miserably in the games that count most... when they matter most.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Nothing wrong with wanting him to be better at his job, but you saying "no telling what we would have experienced in the last two years" makes it sound like we've had terrible seasons these last couple years.

What we would have experienced? We experienced a Super Bowl, and have gone deep into the playoffs both times. Sure we didn't win, but we sure as hell are knocking on the door, and there's nothing showing we won't win it in the next couple years. I'd saying doing deep into the playoffs is a hell of an experience, especially after what we've gone through pre-Harbaugh. How many QB's have gone to a Super Bowl and title game back to back, the first two years of their career? Kap completed his first FULL season last year, give him some time to figure out the game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Nothing wrong with wanting him to be better at his job, but you saying "no telling what we would have experienced in the last two years" makes it sound like we've had terrible seasons these last couple years.

What we would have experienced? We experienced a Super Bowl, and have gone deep into the playoffs both times. Sure we didn't win, but we sure as hell are knocking on the door, and there's nothing showing we won't win it in the next couple years. I'd saying doing deep into the playoffs is a hell of an experience, especially after what we've gone through pre-Harbaugh. How many QB's have gone to a Super Bowl and title game back to back, the first two years of their career? Kap completed his first FULL season last year, give him some time to figure out the game.

isn't it obvious that he's suggesting we might have been able to experience back to back Super bowl wins if Kap had played just a bit better.

This isn't about the team, it's about the qb. IAs oldie already said we went to the championship game with a different qb. And I'm sure you'll recall we lost that one because our pr muffed two punts, not because the qb turned the ball over the last three times he had his hands on it. Now this i s the third year of "coming close". We already had a qb who could get us close. The qb change was made specifically to g e t us over the top. And what we got this year was a 4 turnover game. Some people are rightly, I think, frustrated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

Lol.. did I say that I didn't want Kaep and wasn't happy with what we've accomplished the past 3 seasons????

All I was trying to say is that he possesses an alternative skill set to Kaep and would be an intriguing prospect
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
AndyLeesAunt wrote:

isn't it obvious that he's suggesting we might have been able to experience back to back Super bowl wins if Kap had played just a bit better.

This isn't about the team, it's about the qb. IAs oldie already said we went to the championship game with a different qb. And I'm sure you'll recall we lost that one because our pr muffed two punts, not because the qb turned the ball over the last three times he had his hands on it. Now this i s the third year of "coming close". We already had a qb who could get us close. The qb change was made specifically to g e t us over the top. And what we got this year was a 4 turnover game. Some people are rightly, I think, frustrated.

You clearly don't like the guy, and shoulder more blame on him than should. It's ridiculous that you give Alex a pass on his failed NFCCG, but blame Kap for not winning us two Super Bowls. Sure KW had muffed punts, but guess what, Alex failed miserably when it was his turn to get us points. But since it's Alex he gets a pass and it's different right? Whenever it comes to Alex there's always been a double standard here.

Anyways, I won't argue about Kap with you anymore. You keep seeing what you want to see, but I think our future looks good with him at the helm.

Back to Garrapolo....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: