Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeMarcus Ware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: DeMarcus Ware? Reply with quote

I haven't seen this question floated around Titania yet so I ask, would you be interested in seeing DeMarcus Ware in a Titans uniform?

The reports coming out of Dallas are that both parties would like to stay together but the current price tag is too high. There is the assumption that the two sides will come together on a restructured deal but you never know what can happen in the NFL. If it turns out Ware is cut, I'd love to make a run at him.

For all the talk of declining play and health concerns, the guy has only missed 3 games in his career and I think the sack total decline from 19.5 to 11.5 to 6 was because of a position change. Ware can play 3-4 OLB, as well as 4-3 DE and scheme versatility in a hybrid front defense is huge. IMO, Ware won't command big time money on the open market because if the Cowboys aren't going to give him $12-13 million a year, no one else will. If he can be had for under $10 million a year, I feel like it should be a no brainer. The addition of Ware as a true 3-4 OLB with experience would be huge in terms of transition, results and leadership for our defense. The addition of Ware would also ease my mind in the selection of Anthony Barr at 11. Ware and Ayers would allow Barr to settle into a back-up role instead of starting right away and continue his development with Lou Spanos and now Ray Horton. Not to mention how great of a teacher Ware could be to guys like Barr, Ayers or even Khalil Mack. I'm fully expecting us to cut ties with CJ, Stewart, Wimbley, Stevens and Fitzpatrick, as well as possibly Nate Washington. With those cuts we would sit somewhere around $35 million under the cap and earn a lot of room to explore FA. Should be exciting, especially after Tommy Smith's statement that we are going to be players again in FA.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to it. But he's going to want a lot of scratch, especially since it seems he won't take a paycut to stay with Dallas. He's also on the downside of his career and is likely to want to play for a team closer to contending.
renndawg37

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely love it. He would get 15 sacks easily if he stayed healthy IMO. Guy is a freak.

Zach Brown
George Wilson
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
I would absolutely love it. He would get 15 sacks easily if he stayed healthy IMO. Guy is a freak.

I agree. I think a change of scenery combined with a move back to OLB would revive his career. He's always been an athletic specimen, one step above the competition and he's finally 100% healthy.

Renndawg, you're from Toronto? Here I was thinking that I was the only Titans fan in Southern Ontario haha.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy is a freak and fits perfect for us! He would be a big upgrade. The titans better look into him as soon has they can.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of doubt he gets cut....if he does the Cowboys would have $9M in dead money from his contract....

While its not impossible I think he stays in Dallas on a pay cut if anything

Props to Kempes ^
renndawg37

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyWallace wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:

I agree. I think a change of scenery combined with a move back to OLB would revive his career. He's always been an athletic specimen, one step above the competition and he's finally 100% healthy.

Renndawg, you're from Toronto? Here I was thinking that I was the only Titans fan in Southern Ontario haha.

Yessir! Scarborough born and raised. My friend's dad is the only other Titans fan I know here. Hahah cheers!

Zach Brown
George Wilson
viejid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it. But he's going to want a lot of scratch, especially since it seems he won't take a paycut to stay with Dallas. He's also on the downside of his career and is likely to want to play for a team closer to contending.

I'm also a Cowboys fan, and I have a feeling that a guy like Ware just wants to leave because they Cowboys are a mess with no end in sight.

Maybe he's looking for big money, but just maybe he isn't. Maybe he's just looking for a place where he actually wants to play.

Is that the Titans? I feel like probably not. But one can hope.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: