Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns getting "Cutting Edge" Uniforms in 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64 CHAMPS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ive been digging... lol I do a lot with sports unis thru youth and hs stuff so I buzzed a few dudes at major manufacturing sites for sports uniforms...

I was told to not only be aware of the new tampa bay uni's but also to the pro bowl uni's this year. you can see base trends in these nike elite concepts. example:

the sleeves: tampa says "bucs" on one side and a new look pirate ship on the other. I would expect "CLE" or browns on one sleeve and I would like a newer done elf but the probowl went with the helmet in pewter on the other sleeve.

numbers: fully expect one or both of the numbers to be digital alarm clock, the colors are where the mystery is. probowl went with that gray we use sometimes.

overall colors and patterns are anyones guess.

theres one x factor to me... theres something called sublimation printing which has been around forever. the new kid on the block is "dye" sublimation printing. most unis today are hvywt lyrca for all sports. this new dye system takes a white roll of lyrca and prints what ever you want. those of us with sigs or wallpapers could have one printed right on a jersey. look for leagues to go away from the traditional "stitched" look for numbers and trim and to this new look. It almost makes the unis disposable and you could literally have anything you wanted for any occasion. wrestling, swimming, and some football have gone to these uni's. I call them the billboard look.

FootballsFuture Cleveland Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2010
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 CHAMPS wrote:
ok ive been digging... lol I do a lot with sports unis thru youth and hs stuff so I buzzed a few dudes at major manufacturing sites for sports uniforms...

I was told to not only be aware of the new tampa bay uni's but also to the pro bowl uni's this year. you can see base trends in these nike elite concepts. example:

the sleeves: tampa says "bucs" on one side and a new look pirate ship on the other. I would expect "CLE" or browns on one sleeve and I would like a newer done elf but the probowl went with the helmet in pewter on the other sleeve.

numbers: fully expect one or both of the numbers to be digital alarm clock , the colors are where the mystery is. probowl went with that gray we use sometimes.

theres one x factor to me... theres something called sublimation printing which has been around forever. the new kid on the block is "dye" sublimation printing. most unis today are hvywt lyrca for all sports. this new dye system takes a white roll of lyrca and prints what ever you want. those of us with sigs or wallpapers could have one printed right on a jersey. look for leagues to go away from the traditional "stitched" look for numbers and trim and to this new look. It almost makes the unis disposable and you could literally have anything you wanted for any occasion. wrestling, swimming, and some football have gone to these uni's. I call them the billboard look.

Browns1987

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This scares me. I dont want ours to look as bad as Bucs one.
64 CHAMPS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A SUBLIMATION JERSEY. ONLY THING STITCHED ARE THE DIFFERANT TEXTURES OF THE SAME MATERIAL. NOTICE THE SHADOWING ON THE TOP AND REAR. YOU CAN LITTERALLY DO ANYTHING ON THEM.

BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 CHAMPS wrote:

A SUBLIMATION JERSEY. ONLY THING STITCHED ARE THE DIFFERANT TEXTURES OF THE SAME MATERIAL. NOTICE THE SHADOWING ON THE TOP AND REAR. YOU CAN LITTERALLY DO ANYTHING ON THEM.

I think it's awesome to have options, I really do... but holy geeze do I not want it to look like some coked out art student from the mid 90's designed our jerseys.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 CHAMPS wrote:

numbers: fully expect one or both of the numbers to be digital alarm clock, the colors are where the mystery is. probowl went with that gray we use sometimes.

Pro bowl numbers weren't that horrible digital numbers ..... We're they?

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
64 CHAMPS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see some trends on the pants as well. the stripe placement for the Bucs and the pro bowl are the same. They chose to break the bucs into two colors and keep the pro bowl solid. Interesting color choice of ORANGE for the afc uni's. This JoshG may not be far off from one version...

64 CHAMPS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
64 CHAMPS wrote:

Pro bowl numbers weren't that horrible digital numbers ..... We're they?

no, but they chose to include one in the bucs... none to one to... were next lol

FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 CHAMPS wrote:
You can see some trends on the pants as well. the stripe placement for the Bucs and the pro bowl are the same. They chose to break the bucs into two colors and keep the pro bowl solid. Interesting color choice of ORANGE for the afc uni's. This JoshG may not be far off from one version...

I could live with those numbers, side note- I loved Gordon's orange visor during that game

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
64 CHAMPS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be awesome to have the turkey jones/bradshaw classic picture done for a week against the steelers... Wink

64 CHAMPS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
64 CHAMPS wrote:

I could live with those numbers, side note- I loved Gordon's orange visor during that game

good because ill bet that's the color and finish of our new helmets

buno67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be mad if the elf was someway or another was a part of this. I dont like the elf logo. It looks so childish.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 CHAMPS wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
64 CHAMPS wrote:

good because ill bet that's the color and finish of our new helmets

While I think your points make sense, I'll still have to believe it all when I see it. I just can't believe the front office would allow the Browns to ditch their classic, traditional look to jump all the way to new-age digital numbers with flashy colors.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
I would be mad if the elf was someway or another was a part of this. I dont like the elf logo. It looks so childish.

THE ELF IS THE [inappropriate/removed]

BACK OFF

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
simian07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butter273 wrote:
I don't want anything crazy. Look at the Ohio State Pro Combat Uniforms. They were simple but sexy.

Just do like these in Orange and Brown.

Those are pretty sweet--sleek and simple. I could see, since it's Nike and 2014 blah blah blah, that they will want to make a real change from what has been the traditional Browns look for forever. I could see this jersey (with orange on top) and with kind of a sand/old school look for the pants (like as light as the grey in the picture you posted). It'd look pretty rad, I can picture.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: