Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Latest Mock, some things to ponder till FA starts V2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets say those FA will even be at the low side which 34 million seems low but we will go with it. We have to set aside around 5 or 6 million for our draft class, now we are up to 40, then we also resigned 8 people. Howard will be getting 4-6 mill per year alone, Folk got tagged for 3+, even if the rest of the guys are going to sign for vet minimum we are still looking at another 5+ million there.... that would put us flush against the cap, with no wiggle room during the season also those were all fairly conservative numbers.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little overkill on freeagency
jetfan8178

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can still be close but less expensive, I just think we will fill as many holes as poss in FA...

QB Josh McCown realistic
WR Sidney Rice Def possible, Im sure he would feel like his potential to cash in is best on our team as a 1 year prove it deal. Plus Idzik knows him.
WR Emmanuel Sanders This may be a lock day 1 of FA
FS Jairus Byrd We want him really bad, does idzik? Or does Cleveland get him and we get a consolation prize in T.J. Ward, Malcolm Jenkins?
CB Antonio Cromartie We have to be fairly certain the FO will want him back for continuity.
OG Jon Asamoah Plenty of options at OG out there, not alot of money to tie up here?
RB Knowshon Moreno Not a huge need, Powell and Ivory along with a draftee would be OK and we did fine last year without a top guy so we can do with or without this one.
TE Brandon Pettigrew He had the most potential coming out of college of the available guys, theres a ton of available quality guys and a bunch in the draft. Dennis Pitta, Dustin Keller, Garrett Graham amongst others...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig this, not the flashiest mock in the world but FA is nice and I love the Matthews pick so I like this. It gets the job done.
jetfan8178

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cant wait for FA to officially start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: