Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*Mock Offseason [Pre-Free Agency]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billy5001

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: *Mock Offseason [Pre-Free Agency] Reply with quote

It goes without saying that this is one of the most pivotal off-seasons for the NY Jets in recent memory. We have crazy cap space, plenty of draft picks, and with a solid off-season we can easily find ourselves even winning the AFC East in my opinion. Im not going to explain all of the cuts because by now I am sure everyone kind of knows the deal. Here we go...

Cuts (Major Cuts):
Santonio Holmes
Mark Sanchez
Antonio Cromartie
Mike Goodson

Re-Signings
Willie Colon (1 year deal)
Jeff Cumberland (solid depth)
Darrin Walls (depth)
Ellis Lankster (depth/ST)
Nick Folk (Tag)
Austin Howard (obvious reasons)

Free Agency
Jairus Byrd
-I know we do not usually give out big money for safeties and Idzik showed last year he liked the low risk, high reward players. Well, I don't care, because the safeties got burned so many times last year and Byrd would fix that from day one. Byrd gives us the ball hawk in the middle of then field that could transform our secondary into a very good one, providing Milliner continues to progress.

Antonio Cromartie
I think we bring Cro back on a better contract. Hopefully his hip is better and he can return to his old form from a few years ago when he took over for the injured Revis.

Golden Tate
The receiver market is drying up fast. I wanted Maclin, but he's gone. Decker is gunna cost too much, especially with Byrd coming in. Tate is not a game changing WR by any means, but can play on the outside and add valuable depth to the WR corps.

**A few more signings just to provide depth**

DRAFT:
Round 1(1Cool: Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
-OBJ has grown on me of late, as he can provide exactly what we need. He can return kicks and punts, and make plays with the ball in his hands. Any short pass to Beckham can go for a TD, and he plays alot bigger that he actually is. I also assume that Evans, Watkins, Lee, and Ebron are off the board.

Round 2(1Cool: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
This might be wishful thinking, but I think its possible that he could drop a little. If he is here, it is an absolute steal.

Round 3(7): Carl Bradford, OLB, Arizona State
Round 3(1Cool: Stanley Jean-Baptise, CB, Nebraska
Round 4(1Cool: Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh
Round 5(1Cool: Jon Halipio, G, Florida
Round 6(1Cool: James White, HB, Wisconsin
Round 7(1Cool: Glenn Carson, ILB, Penn State
mikejets22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down with it.

One thing did make me laugh tho - "We can easily win the AFC East"
I don't care who we sign/draft - winning the division vs the Pats will not be easy no matter what.

Other than that I'd sign up for your FA/draft in a minute

Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, we don't have the 18th pick every round. It rotates.
billy5001

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
I'm down with it.

One thing did make me laugh tho - "We can easily win the AFC East"
I don't care who we sign/draft - winning the division vs the Pats will not be easy no matter what.

Other than that I'd sign up for your FA/draft in a minute

Laughing

Very good point I meant to say very easily contend* and maybe win but the words just came out wrong haha. Yeah definitley not easy to win you're right.
Jets913

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love getting Byrd and Tate in FA. those 2 would be excellent additions for our team, we need a ballhawk out there and I believe Byrd can easily get 7+ int's with the pressure our d-line should generate and tate has solid hands and would help the punt return game as well. as for the draft, very solid, I love OBJ and ASJ and the rest fills needs and depth. great job, i think we could get back to being a 10-11 win team with that roster

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be a nice offseason. Although people are weary of giving Byrd a huge contract, he would solidify our back end tremendously. Part of the reason for both Dee and Cromartie's struggles is not having a legitimate free safety that will make defenses think twice throwing deep. He'd do wonders for us, I just don't think he'll come here as much as I would love him to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: