Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Khalil Mack a real possibility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some may disagree but I think Wilson is an excellent qb.

Limits mistakes. Accurate. Deceptive arm. Great mobility. Crazy hard worker.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Some may disagree but I think Wilson is an excellent qb.

Limits mistakes. Accurate. Deceptive arm. Great mobility. Crazy hard worker.

I wonder if other QB's will work harder now that he set the standard.

Russell Wilson shows up early for baseball camp

Russell Wilson on baseball return: 'Never say never'

Alaska Airlines yesterday announced a multiyear sponsorship deal with Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson teams with Verizon

Russel Wilson updated his Facebook status

Russel Wilson seen driving 21 MPH in a 25 MPH zone

Seems to me he is wasting a lot of his precious hard working QB time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson is a top 10 Qb and way better than guys like roehlisbetger and Brady when they won their first championship.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Wilson is a top 10 Qb and way better than guys like roehlisbetger and Brady when they won their first championship.

I dont know about that. All three of them were never asked to be the go to guys on those superbowl winning teams.

All three had top10 defenses and top10 rushing attacks

Seattle: 31st passing in attempts and 26th in yards (#1 defense #2 rushing)
Pitt: 32nd passing in attempts and 24th in yards (#3 defense #1 rushing)
NE: 24th passing in attempts and 22th in yards (#6 defense #8 rushing)

in their 1st superbowls, none of them were carrying the team. They made plays when they needed too but they were more game managers than playmakers. Like you look at the superbowls of the three of them and neither of them were the main reason they won. Wilson was a none factor, Big Ben was a none factor, and the same with Brady. They all won SB because of defenses. We dont know about Wilson but Brady and Ben went on to developing into Elite passers, Will Wilson? I sure hope so cause I like the guy but we have no idea how good he can be when he is asked to.

Also you look at their adv stats for the season of their 1st SB and they are all 3 in the same ball park but with Big Ben leading them in all areas.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:

Wilson is nothing more than a game manager that won't lose a game for you. However he isn't the type of player that can put a team on his back and win the game for you.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

Wilson is nothing more than a game manager that won't lose a game for you. However he isn't the type of player that can put a team on his back and win the game for you.

He is certainly more than a game manager.

They have a strong running game but let's not pretend he is throwing to a group of studs out there.

Limiting mistakes and not putting up crazy #'s doesn't make you a game manager. It makes you an efficient QB.

I remember when most thought Ben was a game manager after his first 2 years. I wish we were right

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

They have a strong running game but let's not pretend he is throwing to a group of studs out there.

Limiting mistakes and not putting up crazy #'s doesn't make you a game manager. It makes you an efficient QB.

I remember when most thought Ben was a game manager after his first 2 years. I wish we were right

To add

He's not Brady or Manning and likely never will be, but few are. He is still a top 10 type of guy who people would take as their QB on probably about 24 teams in the league

BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

To add

He's not Brady or Manning and likely never will be, but few are. He is still a top 10 type of guy who people would take as their QB on probably about 24 teams in the league

I doubt he is top 10. I may give you top 15 but probably closer to top 20. Also he is basically Andy Dalton at best.

This reminds me of when Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won superbowls.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
I understand it's only 1 person's opinion, however Mike Mayock stated he would take Mack number 1 overall. He obviously believes he is the best player in this draft.

The only way your team gets better is by taking the best player available when it's your turn.

If Mack is the best player available when we pick, then that's the guy you take.
Agree 100%. He turns into a HoF player and not a single person on this board hates the pick. I think he has a much better chance of reaching that elite level than any of the top 3 QBs.

If one of those QB's even reached the top 10 in the league, then it's worth more than a HOF LB'er IMO
Have Tony Romo remind Ray Lewis of that.

As great as Ray Lewis was, he was not the main reason for winning a SB.

Joe freaking Flacco was.

I'm not even going to get into the Tony Romo thing for the tenth time, but he is not the reason they have not been successful.

He has been inconsistent at times but the team around him holds him back sometimes. Primarily his defense.

If I could choose, I would take any of the top 40 QB's of all time over the #1 Linebacker of all time.

I wouldn't think twice about it.

Patrick Willis hasn't won a thing and he's the best MLB in the game.

I'm not saying they aren't important, but having a top 10 QB is more important.

And the future top 10 QB in this draft class is?

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
roger murdock wrote:

To add

I doubt he is top 10. I may give you top 15 but probably closer to top 20. Also he is basically Andy Dalton at best.

This reminds me of when Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won superbowls.

Andy Dalton at best???????????

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
I understand it's only 1 person's opinion, however Mike Mayock stated he would take Mack number 1 overall. He obviously believes he is the best player in this draft.

The only way your team gets better is by taking the best player available when it's your turn.

If Mack is the best player available when we pick, then that's the guy you take.
Agree 100%. He turns into a HoF player and not a single person on this board hates the pick. I think he has a much better chance of reaching that elite level than any of the top 3 QBs.

If one of those QB's even reached the top 10 in the league, then it's worth more than a HOF LB'er IMO

Joe freaking Flacco was.

I'm not even going to get into the Tony Romo thing for the tenth time, but he is not the reason they have not been successful.

He has been inconsistent at times but the team around him holds him back sometimes. Primarily his defense.

If I could choose, I would take any of the top 40 QB's of all time over the #1 Linebacker of all time.

I think Teddy is a good bet. I also have a huge man crush on Carr and think he has all the tools. I think he could be like Rivers.

The whole point that we could draft a HOF MLBer and if we don't have a good QB, it won't matter.

big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Joe freaking Flacco was.

I think Teddy is a good bet. I also have a huge man crush on Carr and think he has all the tools. I think he could be like Rivers.

The whole point that we could draft a HOF MLBer and if we don't have a good QB, it won't matter.

I get it. QB the most important position on any team.

I am not sure I see a top 10 QB in the league in this draft. Maybe Teddy?

Definitely not with you on the Carr thing.

Mack IMO is a potential game-changer. You take those guys unless your convinced of a particular QB.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Joe freaking Flacco was.

Mack IMO is a potential game-changer. You take those guys unless your convinced of a particular QB.

See I think Clowney is that good, I just don't know that Mack is anything really special.

But you are right, if you don't like one of the QB's, don't take him. Don't draft one just to draft one.

BooyaCS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Joe freaking Flacco was.

Mack is Aaron Curry. I remember how this board blew up when we didn't draft him. Now he is an after thought.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Joe freaking Flacco was.

Mack is Aaron Curry. I remember how this board blew up when we didn't draft him. Now he is an after thought.

Oh I wanna save this one. He will be closer to DROY before he is Aaron Curry.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: