Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People aren't going to like it but after Tate I bet we don't do much til the Mack situation is figured out. I think Mack is waiting until we [inappropriate/removed] our cap space away before talking to other teams. Farmers smart and probably not going to do that.

Revis was one thing.

DRC is completely different

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
People aren't going to like it but after Tate I bet we don't do much til the Mack situation is figured out. I think Mack is waiting until we [inappropriate/removed] our cap space away before talking to other teams. Farmers smart and probably not going to do that.

Revis was one thing.

DRC is completely different

Yeah I want nothing to do with DRC. Bad character, heart isn't in it and tbh he isn't even that great anymore
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with everyone that Farmer has done an outstanding job of evaluation, pursuit of the right kind of player, and "holding his ground".

At this point, I think the signings will continue but smaller deals. Hawk decison on Tue and Mack decision will be a battle but Greco is a solid center.

Personally, I would like to know the current cap and what money is designated for FA. Farmer plays his cards close to vest and you surely want to follow the money.

I still think we will pick up QB, WR, G or RT, DE....maybe RB(I prefer Hyde to Tate), CB, ILB, P

For CB, we did pick up Brandon Hughes and Trufant as it looks like we will draft a CB in 3 or 4 rd.
bosko1616

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
I thought Dominique Rogers-Cromartie was older. He is going to be 28 in April. I would give him a big signing bonus meaning front loaded. I heard on 92.3 that the browns still have about 38 m left to spent & that is including mack! Just a thought. Go Browns!

I really hope we use that money to expand Haden and Mack, then save the rest for big Phil, Gordon, and Cameron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:
I thought Dominique Rogers-Cromartie was older. He is going to be 28 in April. I would give him a big signing bonus meaning front loaded. I heard on 92.3 that the browns still have about 38 m left to spent & that is including mack! Just a thought. Go Browns!

I really hope we use that money to expand Haden and Mack, then save the rest for big Phil, Gordon, and Cameron

That 38M is for this year. You cannot extend Gordon until 2015. So this year's cap has no bearing on Josh Gordon going forward.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:

That 38M is for this year. You cannot extend Gordon until 2015. So this year's cap has no bearing on Josh Gordon going forward.

Yea but we don't want to get in bad cap situations in the future- now I've liked that they have front loaded some of these contracts so that we can try our best to keep our guys - I really hope we can work out a deal and get Haden locked up long term

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
JM95

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:

Also, Rubins contract ends next year, that is $6m off the cap, also Kruger can be cut which will save us about $4.5m in cap space (dont want to cut him but if mingo continues to improve and Kruger doesnt then he doesnt deserve that $8.2m cap number. Also both Groves and Barnidge may be gone which is another $2.5m off the cap, also i presume that Whitner and Dansby will have a smaller cap hit next year so we really arent in that bad a position to resign the little talent we have.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:

Yea but we don't want to get in bad cap situations in the future- now I've liked that they have front loaded some of these contracts so that we can try our best to keep our guys - I really hope we can work out a deal and get Haden locked up long term

Dansby and Hawk will have no impact on Gordon. Whitner might- but he'll have just as big of impact as Ward would have. Tate might but we needed a freaking back. The cap is going up a lot. I would rather win to keep these guys wanting to come back here as opposed to try and get cute with the cap situation.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JM95 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:

Also, Rubins contract ends next year, that is $6m off the cap, also Kruger can be cut which will save us about $4.5m in cap space (dont want to cut him but if mingo continues to improve and Kruger doesnt then he doesnt deserve that $8.2m cap number. Also both Groves and Barnidge may be gone which is another $2.5m off the cap, also i presume that Whitner and Dansby will have a smaller cap hit next year so we really arent in that bad a position to resign the little talent we have.

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Browns&Year=2014

We have a good cap situation for next year as well.
JM95

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
JM95 wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
bosko1616 wrote:
TRAIL'S END#307 wrote:

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Browns&Year=2014

We have a good cap situation for next year as well.

Yeah, that was the site i was using, but Joe Haden, Joe Thomas and Josh Gordon are really the only irreplaceable players on our team atm so those are the only players i would worry about resigning early. The calls to resign uncle phil and Cameron are a bit premature, i understand Cameron as he is just dreamy but he only has one good season and he is more valuable to us than any other team. lets just see how they preform next year before rushing into resigning them.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys worry about the cap too much Laughing

1. The cap will increase
2. Guys will be cut or restructured in the near future

Not sure if anyone poster this, but OBR says Tate passed his physical!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Ben Tates a Brown passed his physical today

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! That's one less thing to worry about for the draft

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even a little bit worried about the cap.

We have a TON of space
We don't have a huge QB contract like a lot of teams.
Cap is expected to go up 30 mil over the next 3-5 years.
Dansby and Hitner are shorter deals with most being paid this year and next.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
JM95

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I'm not even a little bit worried about the cap.

We have a TON of space
We don't have a huge QB contract like a lot of teams.
Cap is expected to go up 30 mil over the next 3-5 years.
Dansby and Hitner are shorter deals with most being paid this year and next.

Exactley. Lets just sign some people!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 94 of 101

Jump to: