Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My post-combine, pre-free agency Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: My post-combine, pre-free agency Mock Reply with quote

Here's my mock. I didn't include explanations, but most should be self-explanatory. I'll get arguments regarding Mettenberger, but my gut says that we'll pick a QB on day 2. Let me know your thoughts…

For Cuts, you know the deal. For re-signings, Ed Reed, Pace, Douzable, Cumberland, and Austin Howard. Pace/Reed/Douzable are 1 year deals. Cro is re-structured.

FA
QB-Mike Vick
WR-Emmanuel Sanders
OLB-Jason Worilds
S-Jairus Byrd

Draft
Trade: Jets trade their 18th overall pick to Carolina is exchange for their picks in round 1, 3, and 4. Carolina needs to fill both tackle spots and a guy like Lewan could very well be there at 18. With Miami and Arizona to pick after the Jets, Carolina pulls the trigger.

1) Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech

Round 2: Trade: Jets trade pick 49 and their 4th round pick to Minnesota for the 40th overall pick

2) Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy

Round 3

3a)From TB- David Yankey, G/T, Stanford
3b) Our Pick- Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU
3c) From Carolina- Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford

Round 4

4)From Carolina- Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

Round 5
5) Dri Archer,RB, Kent State
5c) Will Clarke, DE/DT, West Virginia

Round 6
6) Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State
6c) Michael Sam, DE/OLB, Missouri
6c) Kirby Van Der Kamp, P, Iowa

Round 7
7) Andrew Miller, C, Virginia Tech
7c) Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

Props to JMG on the sig
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i like the idea of trading down, I would rather get a WR in the first. In this case, I dont the Mathews' will be available @ #40.

I also think we need to spend our 3rd rounder(s) on immediate players. I think we might draft a QB in 4-7 but I think we need to give Geno some weapons before we try to find his successor- IMO
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
While i like the idea of trading down, I would rather get a WR in the first. In this case, I dont the Mathews' will be available @ #40.

I also think we need to spend our 3rd rounder(s) on immediate players. I think we might draft a QB in 4-7 but I think we need to give Geno some weapons before we try to find his successor- IMO
Yeah, I took Jace there because I didn't see a ton of value at 28. Matthews is a possibility, but I personally think he'll fall a little further. In terms of the QB, that's just my hunch. Do I want to draft a QB early? No, but I feel like it may be an option; especially since they interviewed 5 of them between the senior bowl/combine, which is the same amount as last year when they took Geno.

Props to JMG on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: