Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eddie Royal Restructures(?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Eddie Royal Restructures(?) Reply with quote

Sounds like Eddie Royal restructured his contract according to breaking news extraordinaire Donald Butler

Quote:
Eddie Royal ‏@EddieRoyalWR 51m
That boy @DAButler56 got money!!!! Let me hold somethin

Quote:
Donald Butler
‏@DAButler56
@EddieRoyalWR haha preciate u restructuring urs for me bruh!

So we'll see if this gets announced at some point.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Gehlken confirms

Quote:
Michael Gehlken
‏@UTgehlken
Chargers WR Eddie Royal has restructured his contract. Was previously set to earn prohibitive $4.5 million base salary with $6M cap hit.

Unless he signed an extension, this is probably a straight paycut.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
game3525

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIce, Royal played well for the most part and is a solid slot WR. I still see the team taking a WR early though in the draft.

2014 WR depth chart

1. Allen
2. Draft pick
3. Royal
4. Brown
5. Tutu
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
NIce, Royal played well for the most part and is a solid slot WR. I still see the team taking a WR early though in the draft.

2014 WR depth chart

1. Allen
2. Draft pick
3. Royal
4. Brown
5. Tutu

Honestly I don't see the point. This is the deepest WR class in years; you can get 2nd round talent in the 4th round (which for us probably still means we either need to get fortunate or take someone in the 3rd, if we don't trade back earlier on). If the FO doesn't fall in love with a particular guy and feel like they HAVE to have him at 25, we likely sit back and wait for another Allen-type situation to present itself.

Green's going to get an increase in snaps and plays designed for him because they're going to start trying to transition from Gates to him. Gates is still Rivers', at minimum, 2nd favorite target when healthy. And Phil has shown that he can elevate the play of receivers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why everyone talks of "restructure". How is it possible to restructure a contract with only one year left ?

Did he take a straight pay cut ? It doesn't seem so considering his message on twitter.

Is it some kind of extension ?

Or unlikely to be earned incentives ? Which would be deducted from next year salary cap if he should meet them ?

If someone has an answer... Wink

Oh and McClain was cut, no surprise there.
game3525

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
game3525 wrote:

2014 WR depth chart

1. Allen
2. Draft pick
3. Royal
4. Brown
5. Tutu

Honestly I don't see the point. This is the deepest WR class in years; you can get 2nd round talent in the 4th round (which for us probably still means we either need to get fortunate or take someone in the 3rd, if we don't trade back earlier on). If the FO doesn't fall in love with a particular guy and feel like they HAVE to have him at 25, we likely sit back and wait for another Allen-type situation to present itself.

Green's going to get an increase in snaps and plays designed for him because they're going to start trying to transition from Gates to him. Gates is still Rivers', at minimum, 2nd favorite target when healthy. And Phil has shown that he can elevate the play of receivers.

I do. I think TT believes in building on strengths(lets us not forget he is a Polian guy, whom still took Reggie Wayne in the first round even when they had a top 6 offense the previous year). Unless it is a pass-rusher, I don't see any position giving this team the same type of impact as a WR would.
Gaston

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have my answer, it appears that he took a pay cut in salary but that his base salary is now fully guaranteed. And he got some incentives to - eventually - match the difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: