Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are they 5 FA we will target per Arians?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offseason getting better by the day
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone was wondering...

@Cardschatter: Here's your morning update: Haven't heard any new news on Cromartie. Since it seems like everyone is going to ask.

#JDI
crw94

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
In case anyone was wondering...

@Cardschatter: Here's your morning update: Haven't heard any new news on Cromartie. Since it seems like everyone is going to ask.

Hope it gets done. Would really make for a good FA with Veldheer, Ginn, and Cro.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be a good FA period without Antonio Cromartie - and I'm pretty concerned with his hip. He apparently broke his hip back in 2008 and played with that - then you hear about him playing with hip problems all last season. Just don't want a big contract for a guy with a persistent health issue.

I understand why he needs plenty of money btw after reading his wiki page:

"Cromartie has fathered 12 children with eight different women. In March 2010, the Jets provided Cromartie with a $500,000 advance so he could make outstanding child support payments."
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
I think it'd be a good FA period without Antonio Cromartie - and I'm pretty concerned with his hip. He apparently broke his hip back in 2008 and played with that - then you hear about him playing with hip problems all last season. Just don't want a big contract for a guy with a persistent health issue.

"Cromartie has fathered 12 children with eight different women. In March 2010, the Jets provided Cromartie with a $500,000 advance so he could make outstanding child support payments."

So he has some baggage, well lots but still I want him in red
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any of his kids play strong safety or tight end?

sig made by mike23md
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

So he has some baggage, well lots but still I want him in red

The 12 kids part I was just noting because it makes sense why he needs to get as much as he can get - I'm not concerned with that. What I'm concerned with is the hip - I guess the medical team will just have to do its due diligence.
JLW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I don't know if anyone else looked into the whole Veldheer leaving Oakland situation, but I think we just got insanely lucky.

He had his brother represent him as his agent. The two sides to the story come from a source in the Raiders organization who says his brother was impossible to deal with and refused to negotiate after getting emotional and taking things personally, and from his mom on twitter saying Oakland never gave him an offer anywhere near Saffold, and that negotiations weren't even close. The Raiders source was saying they were willing to go as high as $8.5M/year. I don't think his brother ever got past their starting offer.

He never should have even hit free agency. So not only did this guy somehow avoid the tag, then his brother screws up negotiations, but then we manage to get him under market value.

And as a sidenote, after his family is feeling slighted by the Raiders front office and he agrees to terms with us, Bidwill flies out to pick him up himself. Gotta love Michael.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we finally win a fa deal?

The hell freezes over

Or just that Oakland is hopeless
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Oakland has been scrambling this entire offseason and they just messed up with Veldheer.. And I'm going to believe Veldheer that the Raiders offer was not very high. And the fact that Michael Bidwell was there just makes me happy.

Honestly I love Michael Bidwell. Ever since he took over everything has been on the upswing. I don't think we say it enough, Michael cares and does what he can. (Not too many teams can say that about their owner) He cooperates well with Keim as well. Very under appreciated man in our organization.

#JDI
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate signed a very reasonable deal. He and Ellington could have made a nice 1 2 punch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.....

Patrick Peterson ‏@RealPeterson21 13m
@CRO31 let's make this thing happen.

ANTONIO CROMARTIE ‏@CRO31 5m
@RealPeterson21 We going to make it happen.

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
shawn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other rumors spreading around? Are we talking to any safeties? Or maybe a corner who we can convert to safety?...anything?

It's the only position that really, truly concerns me that I don't think can be fixed with a rookie.

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard we could be interested in Larry Foote. Interesting guy for our depth and insurance in case Minter fails

#JDI
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals internet in Larry Foote...that was so five years ago. I am sure Steeler fans will love the idea of the Cards signing another one of their past-prime players.

sig made by mike23md

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: