Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns place Transition tag on C Alex Mack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Browns1987

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mack wants to leave so bad, then screw him. I hope he leaves and not have someone that hates playing for this team like he apparently does.

This is not just his agent, he has done some interviews showing that he is willing to go to a new team.

If he stays, good. If he leaves, good too because of that attitude.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
If Mack wants to leave so bad, then screw him. I hope he leaves and not have someone that hates playing for this team like he apparently does.

This is not just his agent, he has done some interviews showing that he is willing to go to a new team.

Those are completely different things. The Mack hate has to stop, at least while he is still here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns FO made their choice. They picked Mack over Ward. Losing Mack would be an absolute embarrassment at this point. Mack's agent is likely just posturing...at least I hope. Nothing with the Browns surprises me anymore Sad
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homerun21 wrote:
The Browns FO made their choice. They picked Mack over Ward. Losing Mack would be an absolute embarrassment at this point. Mack's agent is likely just posturing...at least I hope. Nothing with the Browns surprises me anymore Sad

I think this is absolutely the case. I'm feeling pretty confident that Mack will be back for this very reason.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...Now I'm ready for some HEAVY PETTINE!
duke2056

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this was discussed or not but............

What if Mack accepts an offer from another team, and the Browns match. If Mack really doesnt want the long term deal from Cleveland, does he have the option to say screw that, and just play out the year on the franchise tag?

Or is he a prisoner for however many years he signed for with the other team.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:

What if Mack accepts an offer from another team, and the Browns match. If Mack really doesnt want the long term deal from Cleveland, does he have the option to say screw that, and just play out the year on the franchise tag?

if he signs or accepts a contract the browns have the right to match that contract and he will have to take that contract I believe. If Mack accepts no contracts during this period, he plays under a 1 year transition tag which would be like $10m...I think

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

if he signs or accepts a contract the browns have the right to match that contract and he will have to take that contract I believe. If Mack accepts no contracts during this period, he plays under a 1 year transition tag which would be like $10m...I think

Well, I would assume if he was offered a contract by another team, he would ask the Browns if they are going to match it before signing.

It would make a lot of sense for the player to have the option to take the contract if the Browns match, or to switch it and go back to the 1-year tag.

I kinda don't even see teams wasting their time on making offers to Mack, and he plays his 1 year here. Even if they do, I don't see Mack agreeing to a long term offer unless it is a HUGE offer, so that if he does get stuck here it will at least be a big contract.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

Well, I would assume if he was offered a contract by another team, he would ask the Browns if they are going to match it before signing.

It would make a lot of sense for the player to have the option to take the contract if the Browns match, or to switch it and go back to the 1-year tag.

I kinda don't even see teams wasting their time on making offers to Mack, and he plays his 1 year here. Even if they do, I don't see Mack agreeing to a long term offer unless it is a HUGE offer, so that if he does get stuck here it will at least be a big contract.

I see his agent trying to go for a 6 year 60M contract with 30-40 M guarenteed within the first 2-3 years (basically causing his cap number to be 20M for the team that signs him).

Basically an offer that, if we match, we are in cap purgatory.
TommyLF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

I see his agent trying to go for a 6 year 60M contract with 30-40 M guarenteed within the first 2-3 years (basically causing his cap number to be 20M for the team that signs him).

I don't think there is even a remote chance he gets offered 10mil a year for 6 years. Teams would be absolutely nuts to offer a center 10 mil a year. Look at the rumors surrounding this years LT's in FA. Most are getting offered 8-9 mil a year and play a more important position. If Mack gets offered north of 8 mil a year annually id be surprised.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

Given that we have among the top amounts in cap space, what team could possibly do that? Oakland?
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Given that we have among the top amounts in cap space, what team could possibly do that? Oakland?

Oakland and possibly Tampa (with that being the only FA that Tampa signs).
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I know one thing, if Mack signs the tag then we better draft a center in the mid rounds.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
I know one thing, if Mack signs the tag then we better draft a center in the mid rounds.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Swanson @ #2...he can play RG in the meantime.
pscottdai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Browns1987 wrote:

Those are completely different things. The Mack hate has to stop, at least while he is still here.

He has done more than show he is willing...the last interview they did an article about him on Cleveland.com, everything he said about the Browns he said in the past tense - like he was already gone. Not your normal interview where you talk about how you are here and might still be in the future. That was after the transition tag.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Oakland and possibly Tampa (with that being the only FA that Tampa signs).

I can't imagine a team breaking their cap for Alex Mack. Would surely make our front office look bad though.

Especially if ward also leaves and we dont get Byrd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: