Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

King Titan's Mock Draft 2014 V.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Choc on Dri Archer and DAT... I don't see either one of those 2 coming into the league and making it in the backfield not even as a Woodhead type player. I see them coming in being more of a Dexter McCluster slot guy gadget player. I also agree with you about Andre Williams like him but he isn't a pass catcher and we would be left with 3 big bodied backs that don't catch the ball.

A couple guys that I would like for them to think about later in the draft are Seastrunk, Sims, Crowell, or Gaffney.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
I know that.

However you have him listed as an OLB and given you weren't too specific about who we would add edge rusher wise, I figured you intended Mosley to play outside.

Oops. Mistake on the OLB part. Meant ILB. I had Barr there before chaning mind to Mosley.

But I said I'd have the titans address OLB in FA and RT in draft. At least i meant too if i didnt..lol
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
In response to Choc on Dri Archer and DAT... I don't see either one of those 2 coming into the league and making it in the backfield not even as a Woodhead type player. I see them coming in being more of a Dexter McCluster slot guy gadget player. I also agree with you about Andre Williams like him but he isn't a pass catcher and we would be left with 3 big bodied backs that don't catch the ball.

A couple guys that I would like for them to think about later in the draft are Seastrunk, Sims, Crowell, or Gaffney.

I think they could play either role, I wouldn't try to pigeon hole them. Seastrunk is my favorite back outside of Tre Mason. I don't think he escapes the top 100 picks. Seastrunk reminds me of Andre Ellington.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
I know that.

However you have him listed as an OLB and given you weren't too specific about who we would add edge rusher wise, I figured you intended Mosley to play outside.

Oops. Mistake on the OLB part. Meant ILB. I had Barr there before chaning mind to Mosley.

But I said I'd have the titans address OLB in FA and RT in draft. At least i meant too if i didnt..lol

Even if they address OLB in FA I find it hard to believe they wouldn't draft an edge rusher at SOME point in the draft. I think that scenario is more likely than them taking another late round corner or WR.

**RIP Steve McNair**
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
I know that.

Even if they address OLB in FA I find it hard to believe they wouldn't draft an edge rusher at SOME point in the draft. I think that scenario is more likely than them taking another late round corner or WR.

I dunno an arguement can be made they dont need an OLB based on who they already have on roster.
Between Morgan Edwards Klug Gooden Brown Wimbley Ayers and any potential FA a drafted OLB could be pushed down. Again. Depending on how they view the players we have.

And yes some of those guys have no place as OLBs but they not gonna cut half the line. So they have a place to be determined.
Thats how i could see them not drafting an OLB. Years past they ignored what we perceived as WR needs and rolled with in house talent so i view this as a realistic possibility

But again, not saying they won't need to draft an OLB, but I can see how they don't if they sign a quality starting edge rusher and draft Mosely in the 1st.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown, Wimbley, and Ayers are really the only ones I think could start at OLB, with Wimbley possibly being cut.

But if they view Brown as an OLB in the 3-4, rather than an ILB as he is being projected, I could definitely see the argument that we do not need to draft an OLB.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
I know that.

I dunno an arguement can be made they dont need an OLB based on who they already have on roster.
Between Morgan Edwards Klug Gooden Brown Wimbley Ayers and any potential FA a drafted OLB could be pushed down. Again. Depending on how they view the players we have.

And yes some of those guys have no place as OLBs but they not gonna cut half the line. So they have a place to be determined.
Thats how i could see them not drafting an OLB. Years past they ignored what we perceived as WR needs and rolled with in house talent so i view this as a realistic possibility

But again, not saying they won't need to draft an OLB, but I can see how they don't if they sign a quality starting edge rusher and draft Mosely in the 1st.

The way the Packers use Mike Neal makes me wonder if they would experiment with a heavier OLB on the strong side. I could maybe see them playing Morgan in a similar role. However, I still think its unlikely. Klug, Morgan, and Edwards have never stood up. I'd rather pick a developmental LB later on than a WR or CB. I'd rather spend a little money to have a vet fill out the bottom half of the roster than use a draft pick.

**RIP Steve McNair**
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
The way the Packers use Mike Neal makes me wonder if they would experiment with a heavier OLB on the strong side. I could maybe see them playing Morgan in a similar role. However, I still think its unlikely. Klug, Morgan, and Edwards have never stood up. I'd rather pick a developmental LB later on than a WR or CB. I'd rather spend a little money to have a vet fill out the bottom half of the roster than use a draft pick.

I don't think this will be the traditional 3-4. At least next year.

We have too many leftover 4-3 pieces to be a 3-4. So i do think we'd see some nontraditional men on the edge. We may end up taking a late OLB but in the grand scheme of things, I don't think that will truly matter.

They will take whomever they rate the best at the time. I just know it is more likely they draft a WR/CB later based on past drafts and their philosophy on drafting.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

We have too many leftover 4-3 pieces to be a 3-4. So i do think we'd see some nontraditional men on the edge. We may end up taking a late OLB but in the grand scheme of things, I don't think that will truly matter.

They will take whomever they rate the best at the time. I just know it is more likely they draft a WR/CB later based on past drafts and their philosophy on drafting.

As for how the defense looks, I can imagine its a similar situation to what the Browns were facing last year with transitioning from a 4-3. and what did they do? doubled down on edge rushers with Paul Kruger in FA and Kiki Mingo in the draft. Sure its a different team, and I don't think we'd double down like that, but I think a pass rusher makes a lot of sense in the draft at some point, regardless of what we do in FA.

I agree, we likely won't see a classic 3-4 this season. They will work with what they have and create a hybrid type defense. However the draft and, to a much lesser extent, FA are the opportunities to mold the defense into Horton's ideal scheme. Can't do it all in one off-season, but you can start finding a piece or two that you think will fit.

And exactly how much can you base the past on when this is our current GM's 3rd draft and our current HC's first? I know Ruston was around during the Reindfeldt days, but Reiny and Fish were running that show, and likely had stronger voices than Webster

**RIP Steve McNair**
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:

As for how the defense looks, I can imagine its a similar situation to what the Browns were facing last year with transitioning from a 4-3. and what did they do? doubled down on edge rushers with Paul Kruger in FA and Kiki Mingo in the draft. Sure its a different team, and I don't think we'd double down like that, but I think a pass rusher makes a lot of sense in the draft at some point, regardless of what we do in FA.

I agree, we likely won't see a classic 3-4 this season. They will work with what they have and create a hybrid type defense. However the draft and, to a much lesser extent, FA are the opportunities to mold the defense into Horton's ideal scheme. Can't do it all in one off-season, but you can start finding a piece or two that you think will fit.

And exactly how much can you base the past on when this is our current GM's 3rd draft and our current HC's first? I know Ruston was around during the Reindfeldt days, but Reiny and Fish were running that show, and likely had stronger voices than Webster

I'm not really disagreeing what you saying. Of course majority of this is based on what they do in FA.

I don't mind them doubling down. I'm just not confident they will really go ham in the draft on OLBs, unless they trade around. 6 draft picks and various needs.

But Im basing my WR/CB theory on Webster himself. I recall him saying somewhere or someone saying somewhere that they like to take WR or CB every year cause you never can have enough of them.

I'm 100% sure they will take one if not both somewhere in the draft..lol
We are losing possibly Mariani, Williams, and Britt. Basically leaving Hunter, Preston (maybe), Wright and Washington (who was floated as a cap casualty). We going to need some WRs.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will draft a WR and CB somewhere in this draft for sure. Whether or not they're both on day 3 or earlier I cant say, but it will happen. If they get a guy like Jimmie Ward they could potentially pass on a CB as he can play anywhere in the defensive backfield.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the love for Mosley on here. Yes, ILB is a big need, but there is no way I'd take Mosley at 11. He doesn't make enough splash plays on film to warrant the pick at 11 for me. He's slow when shooting the gap, and I don't think he has great reaction time. He was rarely shooting through the gap and stopping plays in the backfield in all the tape I watched. Maybe I'm missing something with him that somebody here could enlighten me on, but I just really don't see enough impact plays from him to warrant the pick at 11 just because it's a need.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
I don't understand the love for Mosley on here. Yes, ILB is a big need, but there is no way I'd take Mosley at 11. He doesn't make enough splash plays on film to warrant the pick at 11 for me. He's slow when shooting the gap, and I don't think he has great reaction time. He was rarely shooting through the gap and stopping plays in the backfield in all the tape I watched. Maybe I'm missing something with him that somebody here could enlighten me on, but I just really don't see enough impact plays from him to warrant the pick at 11 just because it's a need.

I have the same feeling on him. Just a blah pick like I saw Warmack last year. Solid player, but imo you want more out of the 11th pick.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't love Mosley. I'm trying to predict what I think the Titans would do. I would trade down or just "reach" for someone like Dee Ford.

I think we need more outside rush but we also have LBs on roster we have to find a place for.

I seen Mosley make some nice plays. He isn't as fast as I would like but he is solid and I think he would get better in the NFL.

Them taking Warmack shows me they aren't looking for flash. I hated the idea of taking him or any OG in the first round.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I personally don't love Mosley. I'm trying to predict what I think the Titans would do. I would trade down or just "reach" for someone like Dee Ford.

I think we need more outside rush but we also have LBs on roster we have to find a place for.

I seen Mosley make some nice plays. He isn't as fast as I would like but he is solid and I think he would get better in the NFL.

Them taking Warmack shows me they aren't looking for flash. I hated the idea of taking him or any OG in the first round.
This is something else I don't get. You said you're trying to predict what the Titan's would do. You said Ruston's a BPA type of guy. Then you have him making the, as you put it "safe" pick of Mosley. You think he would be the BPA in their eyes? Why?

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: