Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

King Titan's Mock Draft 2014 V.1
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: King Titan's Mock Draft 2014 V.1 Reply with quote

It's that time....
Time for the most anticipated Titans related Mock Draft on the net! lol Ok maybe not.

My mock draft philosophy.
I like most of you, will explore various websites trying to get a consensus on where players are projected. Every year there are players that aren't expected to go high or fall low, and they do the opposite of what was projected.

So before you shoot down mine or anyone's Mock Draft saying "NO WAY PLAYER X is there" Just ease on the brakes....

I also look at Youtube Videos. I unlike others really do value the highlight cut ups. I love to see what plays a guy can actually make. Now the frequency might be low, but I need to see if they can do it.
After I see that, I like to look at the game cutups. See what he looks like when he isn't making the play. Some players are so disgustingly out the play, that I have to turn it off.
While others are still hustling and looking like a player.

Finally, I look into the psychology.

I am Psych major. So I like to get in the minds of the front office. Some things of note:
1. We have never drafted a player in the 1st that we didn't meet with or bring into HQ. (At least in the time frame I've been passionately following the draft, 2006-Present. Was just a causal draftnick before hand)

2. Ruston Webster is a BPA type guy in the 1st and even 2nd. WRs have popped up (Wright & Hunter) when we all figured the need wasn't as great.

What I think they are thinking:
I think that Webster and Whiz will approach the offseason/draft as such:

Find a RT or OLB in FA or draft?
I think it's cheaper to draft a DE/OLB rush guy than to try to find one in FA. We all know we need more help there. With the FA pool not looking so deep, maybe we have to take a talented OT in the draft and get a FA OLB. We have a couple of LBs that we don't know how they will look in the new scheme. Brown, Gooden, Ayers and Wimbley (if he re-does his contract).

No RB in FA
This one shouldn't be hard to understand...FA RBs are used/damaged goods. Costing too much money for replaceable results. Get a young guy in the draft that can do just as much.

Verner walks and Pollard signs.
I think this is route we take. Pollard is "cheaper" and has no clear replacement on roster. While Verner has 2-3 guys that could take his spot. Not at his level of production, but viable options.
Pitoitua also can be had cheaply.

Locker is the Starter....point blank. A guy could be added to challenge Tyler Wilson, but Fitz is the best option at back up, after looking at whats on the market.

WIth that said, our draft targets should be:
RB, 3rd QB, LB, OT depth, CB depth

In no order, the players that will be picked before us:
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Anthony Barr
3. Teddy Bridgewater
4. Sammy Watkins
5. Johnny Manziel
6. Blake Bortles
7. Khalil Mack
8. Greg Robinson/ Jake Matthews/ Taylor Lewan
9. Justin Gilber or Darqueze Denard
10. Mike Evans



1.CJ Mosely-ILB-Alabama

6'2 238lbs


With Anthony Barr and Mack off the board in this mock, I think CJ Mosely is the pick. He is the "safe" pick. A consistent threat on a start studded Alabama defense. In the mold of a Donta Hightower. Mosely can man the middle from day one. Negative side, I hear he has some injury concerns. But other than that, I hear rave reviews from the majority of the scouting community. I don't see many splash plays on the videos, but I like what he can do. Sideline to sideline player with blitz abilities. Able to stack and shed and play the passing lanes. True leader in the middle of the defense. He got a vote of confidence from Bear MLB great.. Butkus. Which is never a bad thing..


Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/zeP-0Pp-dgw (Vs. LSU)
http://youtu.be/uoep15cF_aU (Senior Highlights)


2. Morgan Moses- OT- Virgina

6-6 318lbs

What caught my eye was the way he handled Jeremiah Attaochu. I was prepared to make Attaochu my 2nd round pick, but couldn't help but notice in a video how Moses was stonewalling him consistently. Moses would make a great RT. Stewart is likely gone. Moses seems to be a RT born and breed.


Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/KK227q5BtkA (Vs. Georgia Tech& Jeremiah Attaochu 2013)
http://youtu.be/4vBjZUDYSw0 (vs. Pittsburgh 2013)



4. Andre Williams- RB- Boston College

5-11 230lbs

Andre Williams. I know a good portion of people don't like him. He isn't the best receiver and has some work to do in pass protection. If we are talking about a pure RB, I love what Williams brings. He is a big boy who runs behind his pads and runs downhill. Whiz wants exactly that. He drafted Bennie Wells in Arizona to do that. Williams can get better in pass pro,if he works. His work history says he is willing. Good pick in the 4th round.


Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/Ujt1S9P2XHE (2013 Highlights)
http://youtu.be/ATTpEi_mOeQ (vs. NC State 2013)


5. Phillip Gaines- CB- Rice

6-0 193lbs

I will admit his 40 time caught my attention. But I went and looked up his vids and I was impressed. He has a great knack for breaking on the ball. He was rarely challenged at all in the vids i watched. He isnt' the most physical DB, but he can play man to man.


Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/aY5uFG16O4E (2012 Break ups)
http://youtu.be/Q24dEr-UTFc ( Vs. Mississippi State 2013)
http://youtu.be/WisofeuMIBk (vs. LA Tech 2013)


6. Tom Savage- QB- Pitt

6-4 238lbs

Savage has been around. He has bounced from school to school.He has a good arm and decent QB IQ. He isn't ready to challenge for a starting job, but with seasoning could push for the number 2 next year and be the number 3 this year.


Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/DqnwiSLXrdI ( Highlights 2013)
http://youtu.be/1UjRLdSBx7E (Vs. Notre Dame 2013)
http://youtu.be/RovTxsvDnpE (Rutgers Highlights)



7. Kevin Norwood- WR- Alabama

6-4 265

Good WR depth that can actually contribute if called upon. He has good hands and prototypical speed. Nice size also. A nice fill in if Williams and other WRs leave.


Video Highlights:
http://youtu.be/8Qg6xEdqtwk (Vs. Tennessee 2013)


Last edited by KingTitan on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bloeddyr


Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Posts: 327
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I like it.

I think Mosley can be a very important part of this defense going forward. No doubt he is a future captain.

I LOVE Moses. I think he, with the right coach, can be a top 15 LT in the NFL. He has all the tools you can't teach.

I'm not the biggest fan of Williams. But he is growing on me after his Combine performance. Ran a lot faster than I thought.

I love Gaines as a prospect. I remember seeing him in the season opener against Texas A&M and I came away overall impressed. I'm not sure another late DB is what we need. I would be looking for a raw/high upside pass rusher at this point. But I can certainly live with it.

Not a big fan of Savage or Norwood. But the rest is pretty good and something I wouldn't be upset with at all.
_________________
Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
I'm danish, what can I do?
Therefore my grammar is like a first graders...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25449
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get behind drafting a ILB that high. We have Brown and I see us signing someone in FA for the other spot and letting Gooden, McCarthy, and Fokou battle it out for the depth spots. Just don't see the need. I like Moses a lot so solid pick there. Williams has a lot to work on but you can't deny his success last year and a solid combine. I do like Savage, maybe not that high but I do like him. Norwood would be a project as would taking another CB in the mid rounds. Overall solid but I can't get behind drafting a ILB that high especially if we sign one in FA like I expect us to do. Even if we didnt sign one, I still wouldn't take one that high.

Edit: Was making my 1st mock last night and was at the 6th round pick, and my damn laptop died. Felt like throwing that damn thing at the wall. Will probably have mine up later tonight. Some might think it'll be unrealistic but oh well.
_________________

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones


Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
Overall I like it.

I think Mosley can be a very important part of this defense going forward. No doubt he is a future captain.

I LOVE Moses. I think he, with the right coach, can be a top 15 LT in the NFL. He has all the tools you can't teach.

I'm not the biggest fan of Williams. But he is growing on me after his Combine performance. Ran a lot faster than I thought.

I love Gaines as a prospect. I remember seeing him in the season opener against Texas A&M and I came away overall impressed. I'm not sure another late DB is what we need. I would be looking for a raw/high upside pass rusher at this point. But I can certainly live with it.

Not a big fan of Savage or Norwood. But the rest is pretty good and something I wouldn't be upset with at all.


We will need an outside rusher, I'm going to assume we address that in FA and with our current roster. Mosley, can help the rush. I think Ray Horton also thinks that the scheme change itself will produce a better pass rush. So he may look at our inhouse talent and think it can work with some tweeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I just can't get behind drafting a ILB that high. We have Brown and I see us signing someone in FA for the other spot and letting Gooden, McCarthy, and Fokou battle it out for the depth spots. Just don't see the need. I like Moses a lot so solid pick there. Williams has a lot to work on but you can't deny his success last year and a solid combine. I do like Savage, maybe not that high but I do like him. Norwood would be a project as would taking another CB in the mid rounds. Overall solid but I can't get behind drafting a ILB that high especially if we sign one in FA like I expect us to do. Even if we didnt sign one, I still wouldn't take one that high.


I understand. Just like I couldn't get behind an OG last year that high.

If he is the best LB on the board at the moment, I don't think they would hesitate to take him.
Also, of course our FA period will alter what we in the draft. But if Jackson signs elsewhere and they don't see a ILB they like in FA, I think Mosley is a great choice.

No matter how much I might like what Gooden and company might present, you can't settle for hoping, when you have a more certain option.

I think BWW can be a good replacement for Verner "when " he walks. I think Gaines is a good CB depth that can push for the back up spot and pretty much replace Tommie Campbell who has failed to develop, despite multiple chances.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25449
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
I just can't get behind drafting a ILB that high. We have Brown and I see us signing someone in FA for the other spot and letting Gooden, McCarthy, and Fokou battle it out for the depth spots. Just don't see the need. I like Moses a lot so solid pick there. Williams has a lot to work on but you can't deny his success last year and a solid combine. I do like Savage, maybe not that high but I do like him. Norwood would be a project as would taking another CB in the mid rounds. Overall solid but I can't get behind drafting a ILB that high especially if we sign one in FA like I expect us to do. Even if we didnt sign one, I still wouldn't take one that high.


I understand. Just like I couldn't get behind an OG last year that high.

If he is the best LB on the board at the moment, I don't think they would hesitate to take him.
Also, of course our FA period will alter what we in the draft. But if Jackson signs elsewhere and they don't see a ILB they like in FA, I think Mosley is a great choice.

No matter how much I might like what Gooden and company might present, you can't settle for hoping, when you have a more certain option.

I think BWW can be a good replacement for Verner "when " he walks. I think Gaines is a good CB depth that can push for the back up spot and pretty much replace Tommie Campbell who has failed to develop, despite multiple chances.


On I understand the Gaines selection and he's definitely caught my eye lately. Campbell sucks and should be released anyway regardless if we draft anyone or not.
_________________

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'd prefer an OLB rusher in the 1st. I think it might be too high for Dee Ford and too late for Mack/Barr.

Maybe we go for taylor Lewan in the 1st if he there or another OT. I'd prefer not too.

I think the OT and LB pick are interchangeable. Depending on how they grade out who is on the board.

I think there are good 2nd round prospects of LBs and OTs. I think we go OT and LB in the 1st and 2nd.

If we don't trade down, FA moves..etc...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Pollard re-signing. I do think Verner is gone. Now its a matter of how much do they love BWW. If they arent sold on him, then look for an 1st round DB to jump on the list.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tonytitan


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 77
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: King Titan's Mock Draft 2014 V.1 Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

In no order, the players that will be picked before us:
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Anthony Barr
3. Teddy Bridgewater
4. Sammy Watkins
5. Johnny Manziel
6. Blake Bortles
7. Khalil Mack
8. Greg Robinson/ Jake Matthews/ Taylor Lewan
9. Justin Gilber or Darqueze Denard
10. Mike Evans


You just listed thirteen players to be picked in the first ten spots. Who gets more than one player per pick? How can the Titans become one of those teams? Rolling Eyes
All kidding aside, if the Texans or the Jaguars pick Clowney than the Titans had better hope that one of those three tackles are still on the board at 11. If one of them is they have to pick him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3140
Location: My house
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: King Titan's Mock Draft 2014 V.1 Reply with quote

Tonytitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

In no order, the players that will be picked before us:
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Anthony Barr
3. Teddy Bridgewater
4. Sammy Watkins
5. Johnny Manziel
6. Blake Bortles
7. Khalil Mack
8. Greg Robinson/ Jake Matthews/ Taylor Lewan
9. Justin Gilber or Darqueze Denard
10. Mike Evans


You just listed thirteen players to be picked in the first ten spots. Who gets more than one player per pick? How can the Titans become one of those teams? Rolling Eyes
All kidding aside, if the Texans or the Jaguars pick Clowney than the Titans had better hope that one of those three tackles are still on the board at 11. If one of them is they have to pick him.


Believe they're listed as an or not an and.

I'm with you on the OT boat as of right now.. but I change my mind every other day. This is a deep draft and it's hard to know which direction our FO is going to go with the scheme change.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: King Titan's Mock Draft 2014 V.1 Reply with quote

Tonytitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

In no order, the players that will be picked before us:
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Anthony Barr
3. Teddy Bridgewater
4. Sammy Watkins
5. Johnny Manziel
6. Blake Bortles
7. Khalil Mack
8. Greg Robinson/ Jake Matthews/ Taylor Lewan
9. Justin Gilber or Darqueze Denard
10. Mike Evans


You just listed thirteen players to be picked in the first ten spots. Who gets more than one player per pick? How can the Titans become one of those teams? Rolling Eyes
All kidding aside, if the Texans or the Jaguars pick Clowney than the Titans had better hope that one of those three tackles are still on the board at 11. If one of them is they have to pick him.


Yeah, with the multiple players listed, I'm saying one of those players will be picked.
Example: Rams take an OT- Matthews or Robinson and that "eats up" a spot.

I do think one out of those 3 OT's will be there when we pick. It will be a matter of what they rank greater (Defense vs OT) and the quality of player they have projected to be there in the 2nd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: King Titan's Mock Draft 2014 V.1 Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Tonytitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

In no order, the players that will be picked before us:
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Anthony Barr
3. Teddy Bridgewater
4. Sammy Watkins
5. Johnny Manziel
6. Blake Bortles
7. Khalil Mack
8. Greg Robinson/ Jake Matthews/ Taylor Lewan
9. Justin Gilber or Darqueze Denard
10. Mike Evans


You just listed thirteen players to be picked in the first ten spots. Who gets more than one player per pick? How can the Titans become one of those teams? Rolling Eyes
All kidding aside, if the Texans or the Jaguars pick Clowney than the Titans had better hope that one of those three tackles are still on the board at 11. If one of them is they have to pick him.


Believe they're listed as an or not an and.

I'm with you on the OT boat as of right now.. but I change my mind every other day. This is a deep draft and it's hard to know which direction our FO is going to go with the scheme change.


Correct it is an "or.'

The scheme change and FA makes a Mock at this point harder than most.

How they rank Roos, will they cut Stewart, what they think of Stingly all have a direction effect on how they approach OT's in this draft.
Are they looking for a starter or an backup....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chocolateman78


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 5405
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused.

Are you projecting CJ Mosley to be an edge rusher or MLB? And if so who are you projecting at OLB? Are you assuming they are relying on Wimbley taking a pay cut?

As far as Williams goes, I feel like backs in this league need to be able to catch out of the back field. I feel like if we bring in Williams we are essentially giving ourselves 3 similar backs in Greene, Battle and Williams. I'd like someone a bit more dynamic and explosive. I'm curious if we'd take DAT or Dri archer to play a "Woodhead" role in the offense.

I'm against late corners. What's the point? We drafted 2 guys last year in the event that ATV left, which appears likely. I see no point in drafting another guy to essentially be the 5th CB who is not dressed most Sunday's. I'd rather add more depth at D-line or LB or safety.
_________________

**RIP Steve McNair**
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10720
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
I'm confused.

Are you projecting CJ Mosley to be an edge rusher or MLB? And if so who are you projecting at OLB? Are you assuming they are relying on Wimbley taking a pay cut?

As far as Williams goes, I feel like backs in this league need to be able to catch out of the back field. I feel like if we bring in Williams we are essentially giving ourselves 3 similar backs in Greene, Battle and Williams. I'd like someone a bit more dynamic and explosive. I'm curious if we'd take DAT or Dri archer to play a "Woodhead" role in the offense.

I'm against late corners. What's the point? We drafted 2 guys last year in the event that ATV left, which appears likely. I see no point in drafting another guy to essentially be the 5th CB who is not dressed most Sunday's. I'd rather add more depth at D-line or LB or safety.


Mosley is an ILB.

We all been debating who will play what position in the new scheme. Is Brown an OLB, where does Gooden fit in, will Wimbley take a pay cut to be an OLB?

All questions.
One thing I know for sure, we need an ILB and I'm not really hype for relying on McCarthy, Fokou or which ever OLB we transition inside.

Mosley will be an ILB. In this scenario, they are going to get an OLB in FA and then get a OT in the draft. I'm guessing they will address one in FA and the other in draft, at least when it comes to starters.

I'm also guessing that Campbell is out along with Verner. So that creates "two" holes on the roster at DB. True they can just fill one and then go to another position to fill the other roster spot. But for the sake of this mock, I'm selecting a CB.

I was watching Brandon Coleman for Rutgers. I was thinking about mocking him as WR. I couldn't help but notice him really abusing BWW. Now that is one game but it made me feel uncomfortable. Is a 5th round pick going to unseat him? Odds say no, but I like Gaines and he can at least compete for a spot, something I've lost faith in Campbell to do.

You may see it as a waste, but I see it as investing. Also, looking at Titans history they always take a WR and/or DB in a draft.

I see nothing similar about Green/Battle and Williams other than the style they use. Williams is faster than both.

I do like DAT but I don't see a space for that type of back at the moment. I think Whiz wants a true RB downhill runner. I like Williams but as the draft changes, I may go higher with my RB pick. 2nd round and get Mason.

With only 6 picks at the moment, I see them hitting these areas in the draft. While also picking up about 5-6 key pieces in FA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chocolateman78


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 5405
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that.

However you have him listed as an OLB and given you weren't too specific about who we would add edge rusher wise, I figured you intended Mosley to play outside.
_________________

**RIP Steve McNair**
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group