Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins set to tag Orakpo if no deal is done
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
The Yankess aren't replacing Cano one for one .. They have a "fill -in" second baseman now and 3 VERY GOOD starters using his savings .. Orakpo doesn't have to be replaced one for one .. It's 11 guys on Defense..
Also I read sacks drop dramatically once a player reaches age 28.. And, you have to beware of a player in a contract year coming off a good stretch,, ( 7 sacks second half )., Never pay a B player A money ..
All in this EXCELLENT article that argues both ways and says nothing definitive to support either side .. Laughing

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1983648-is-brian-orakpo-worth-a-massive-contract-from-washington

Remind me...how high is the salary cap in baseball? Wink

Much higher than smart management on the Redskins.. Both sides here are dug in here-- we'll just have to let it play out..
AND ,,he hasn't signed the tender --The Tag could be dropped .. Dancing

The correct answer is...

There isn't a salary cap in baseball.

Therefore the Yankees could pursue the strategy of replacing the production of one player with 3-4 players. We can't do that in the NFL when you only have 53 spots on the active roster and your salary cap is finite.

Jeez man,, I KNOW there isn't a cap in baseball ..That's not the point. There point is they were smart not to overpay a 31 y o guy $240 mill for 10 years and they had a lot of needs.. so they used the money to sign 3 players ..

And my point to you is that this is not feasible in the NFL. So you using that as an analogy is like telling me that you biked from one town to the next and telling me I should do it too. Not realizing I live on an island and therefore a bike is of no use to me.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
The Yankess aren't replacing Cano one for one .. They have a "fill -in" second baseman now and 3 VERY GOOD starters using his savings .. Orakpo doesn't have to be replaced one for one .. It's 11 guys on Defense..
Also I read sacks drop dramatically once a player reaches age 28.. And, you have to beware of a player in a contract year coming off a good stretch,, ( 7 sacks second half )., Never pay a B player A money ..
All in this EXCELLENT article that argues both ways and says nothing definitive to support either side .. Laughing

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1983648-is-brian-orakpo-worth-a-massive-contract-from-washington

Much higher than smart management on the Redskins.. Both sides here are dug in here-- we'll just have to let it play out..

The correct answer is...

Therefore the Yankees could pursue the strategy of replacing the production of one player with 3-4 players. We can't do that in the NFL when you only have 53 spots on the active roster and your salary cap is finite.

Jeez man,, I KNOW there isn't a cap in baseball ..That's not the point. There point is they were smart not to overpay a 31 y o guy $240 mill for 10 years and they had a lot of needs.. so they used the money to sign 3 players ..

And my point to you is that this is not feasible in the NFL. So you using that as an analogy is like telling me that you biked from one town to the next and telling me I should do it too. Not realizing I live on an island and therefore a bike is of no use to me.

Why is not feasible .. ?? You could certainly sign 3 good players for a cap hit of $11.55 mill for the 2014 season.. I must be missing something .
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Why is not feasible .. ?? You could certainly sign 3 good players for a cap hit of $11.55 mill for the 2014 season.. I must be missing something .

Assuming an even distribution of their contracts (yes, I realize this is most likely not the case), in all likelihood, Andre Roberts, Shaun Lauvao, and Adam Hayward total $11.55M for the 2014 season or thereabouts.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

The correct answer is...

So we're going to play all three players at OLB at the same time?? Again...you're trying to replace the production of a 3-4 OLB who is a good passrusher with 3 players.

So you replace a 10 sack guy with a 3 sack guy (since only one can play at a time). And you take up two more roster spots you wouldn't need to take up if you just kept Rak.

See the point now??

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Assuming an even distribution of their contracts (yes, I realize this is most likely not the case), in all likelihood, Andre Roberts, Shaun Lauvao, and Adam Hayward total $11.55M for the 2014 season or thereabouts.

True. But the discussion was replacing Rak's production with 3 players instead of just paying Rak.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

True. But the discussion was replacing Rak's production with 3 players instead of just paying Rak.

Oh I get that. I was just showing what $11.5M split three ways looks like in the NFL. I was trying to demonstrate the drop off in quality.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: