You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcel Reece in walking boot.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Marcel Reece in walking boot. Reply with quote

Reece will be getting an MRI on his foot today. It will be a huge blow if he misses significant time.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcel Reece in walking boot. Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Reece will be getting an MRI on his foot today. It will be a huge blow if he misses significant time.

He's a fullback. It won't be a huge blow. He's not a difference making player. Olawale is a better inline blocker and they want to be run heavy.

He's also no slouch as a pass catcher.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merely because EA would get crucified for posting this same thing:

there's already a thread for this

Smile
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Merely because EA would get crucified for posting this same thing:

there's already a thread for this

Smile

In his defense. EA would have listed every full back currently a FA and then ask us all why we haven't signed Finley and moved him to FB.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcel Reece in walking boot. Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

He's a fullback. It won't be a huge blow. He's not a difference making player. Olawale is a better inline blocker and they want to be run heavy.

Reece is a playmaker in the open field, but Olawale is vastly underrated himself. Converted RB and solid hands.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcel Reece in walking boot. Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Reece is a playmaker in the open field, but Olawale is vastly underrated himself. Converted RB and solid hands.

Exactly. And Reece is overrated around here sadly because he's the only probowl player on the team.

I love Reece, but he's just a guy. Nice pass catcher, but he's not going to win you you games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had pretty solid hands on that Carr pick... Wink

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:

In his defense Carr blasted him with that pass. But.... 2 hands on it, you gotta pull it in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

In his defense Carr blasted him with that pass. But.... 2 hands on it, you gotta pull it in.

That pass was a bit high really. He catches it, he either goes to the ground or is stopped right away. Hit him in stride.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

That pass was a bit high really. He catches it, he either goes to the ground or is stopped right away. Hit him in stride.

Haha not saying the pass was perfect, but you still have to catch that pass every time. No yard gain is better than a pick.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcel Reece in walking boot. Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Thank you so much for this. Made my day. As much as I appreciate Reece's contributions the other day I thought to myself "A guy who is only on the field 15% of the time is leading the pregame?". Perspective? A Kicker and FB are arguably the two best players. Really bad.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aint no FB in the league doing this.

Just because we don't use him to his full potential don't mean we cant use his playmaking ability. Really he is a FB in name only, but he slimmed doown this year for a reason. The staff planned to get him more involved this year, I know I know they have said that plenty, but I rather have him than not.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a team lacking guys that can win one on one match ups Reece will be missed but he rarely sees the field so it's a wash kinda. Wanted to see him at te tho.

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Aint no FB in the league doing this.

Just because we don't use him to his full potential don't mean we cant use his playmaking ability. Really he is a FB in name only, but he slimmed doown this year for a reason. The staff planned to get him more involved this year, I know I know they have said that plenty, but I'd rather have him than not.

+1

I don't know what I said that would indicate otherwise. However, every time the Raiders have tried to increase Reece's role (due to injury) he wore down quickly and wasn't nearly as effective.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason Reece is only a marginal loss to this team is because of how coaching staffs have neglected to utilize him. When he's been given the chance, he's been productive. He had 500 yards receiving 2 seasons ago, and 300 yards rushing on less then 60 carries in the 3 games he's received over 15 carries. I'm sure Schaub would have loved throwing check downs to him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: