Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumors and Bold Predictions Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We pick in the top 5, take an offensive tackle or pass rusher, then make the playoffs in 2015.
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
We pick in the top 5, take an offensive tackle or pass rusher, then make the playoffs in 2015.

I'm hoping Watson is healthy the year through so we can see if he might be our LTotF, then we can concentrate on getting that uber-DE in RD1. My bold prediction is Watson becomes the LT... the draft, I'll abstain from making any more predictions. Laughing
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think clowney will have more sacks than ziggy in his rookie yr

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

I don't know there's a lot of talent on that d line it can only help his cause. I think he will get 9 to 11 sacks.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders will be credited with having the biggest offensive line in the NFL.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last season, Raiders had second-half leads against Indianapolis, Washington, the New York Giants, Tennessee, Dallas and were also tied at halftime against Kansas City and San Diego ... and lost all seven of those games.

MY Bold Prediction: RAIDERS FINISH WITH 9 WINS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

I don't know there's a lot of talent on that d line it can only help his cause. I think he will get 9 to 11 sacks.

thats what i figured with gholston and the jets and rob

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:
Quote:
Last season, Raiders had second-half leads against Indianapolis, Washington, the New York Giants, Tennessee, Dallas and were also tied at halftime against Kansas City and San Diego ... and lost all seven of those games.

I would like to think so my man lance. On paper we look good. Allen seems to get out xoed in second half of close games
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
Quote:

I would like to think so my man lance. On paper we look good. Allen seems to get out xoed in second half of close games

McKenzie is sticking religiously to the script. He is about 2/3 way through a complete teardown and rebuild through the draft. All these 30 yr olds on 1 yr contracts are only filler. I suspect the Raiders will be competitive in 9 games but will win 5 or 6. Given the hardest SoS and one of the largest pt differentials ever 5 or 6 would be quite a feat especially if they look competitive in 3 more games. McKenize will need to nail the draft again in 2015.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
The Raiders will be credited with having the biggest offensive line in the NFL.

6/1
The Raiders 2014 Draft will be a case study in warroom management.

Bonez wrote:
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBNations doing some hot lists...

Our secondary got into the contender theritory: www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/6/4/5775098/nfl-best-secondaries-rankings-seahawks-richard-sherman-earl-thomas

Our LB corp is in the wild-card round: www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/30/5742946/best-nfl-linebacker-corps-bills-49ers-kiko-alonso-novorro-bowman

Obviously our aging DL is not on the hot list: www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/28/5739748/2014-nfl-defensive-line-rankings-rams-panthers-saints-broncos

I think our LB corp is really a top 10 unit on paper now and can turn some more heads during the season if the DL will be solid.
Mack-Roach-Moore now that's a rock solid starting group and if\when Mack is down in the dirt we will be able to move Burnett or Maiava or Burris or Fields into the line up. These guys also provid really good depth for all the LB spots. Solid versatile guys.
If Mack turns on those engines and DA+JT can scheme on him well enough (like DA with Von) this unit could be dominant for years to come.

Our secondary is a question mark for me right now. I think that it will be better then last year for sure, but not so sure how much better. Our Safety group should be much better with Branch back 100% healthy. I know he is not a too popular guy around here, but I still think he can be an impact SS in this "new" DA+JT defense. Young+CWood will take care of the FS spot for one more year.
At CB we need a big leap for Hayden and while I think he is capable I first have to see him healthy on a regular basis. I think Brown is a undervalued signing and Rogers will be big in the early games with his routine. McGill and Chekwa or Carrie will have to step up too.

Our DL is disliked by most because of it's age. Tuck, Woodley, Smith. The big 3, who should give the boost are old and washed up in some eyes. As I stated before I think that the fact that they will be on the same DL and they will have some solid presence next to them at NT and some depth will help him out and they will show that they are not finished. I think our DL while a risky group could really surprise people and create havoc.

If you put that strong LB corp behind them and add some creative scheming I think our front 7 will be solid and has the possibility to be really good.

If the front 7 rocks, our secondary will be good also, so finally we could have a legit, strong, consistently dangerous D.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
SBNations doing some hot lists...

Our secondary got into the contender theritory: www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/6/4/5775098/nfl-best-secondaries-rankings-seahawks-richard-sherman-earl-thomas

Our LB corp is in the wild-card round: www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/30/5742946/best-nfl-linebacker-corps-bills-49ers-kiko-alonso-novorro-bowman

Obviously our aging DL is not on the hot list: www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/28/5739748/2014-nfl-defensive-line-rankings-rams-panthers-saints-broncos

I think our LB corp is really a top 10 unit on paper now and can turn some more heads during the season if the DL will be solid.
Mack-Roach-Moore now that's a rock solid starting group and if\when Mack is down in the dirt we will be able to move Burnett or Maiava or Burris or Fields into the line up. These guys also provid really good depth for all the LB spots. Solid versatile guys.
If Mack turns on those engines and DA+JT can scheme on him well enough (like DA with Von) this unit could be dominant for years to come.

Our secondary is a question mark for me right now. I think that it will be better then last year for sure, but not so sure how much better. Our Safety group should be much better with Branch back 100% healthy. I know he is not a too popular guy around here, but I still think he can be an impact SS in this "new" DA+JT defense. Young+CWood will take care of the FS spot for one more year.
At CB we need a big leap for Hayden and while I think he is capable I first have to see him healthy on a regular basis. I think Brown is a undervalued signing and Rogers will be big in the early games with his routine. McGill and Chekwa or Carrie will have to step up too.

Our DL is disliked by most because of it's age. Tuck, Woodley, Smith. The big 3, who should give the boost are old and washed up in some eyes. As I stated before I think that the fact that they will be on the same DL and they will have some solid presence next to them at NT and some depth will help him out and they will show that they are not finished. I think our DL while a risky group could really surprise people and create havoc.

If you put that strong LB corp behind them and add some creative scheming I think our front 7 will be solid and has the possibility to be really good.

If the front 7 rocks, our secondary will be good also, so finally we could have a legit, strong, consistently dangerous D.

Interesting...............I think Defence as a whole will go how our DL goes. If they have a resurgence and play as we hope they will this should help the DBs immensely and make our LBs look good. If they struggle getting pressure and staying on the field then the DBs will again be questioned and the LBs will be in damage limitation mode meaning racking up lots of tackles 7 yards down the field.

I believe that the DL will be better than last year and solid to good, based on the 'fact' that we have better depth than last year to allow our vets to stay fresher, we have more big game experience (which will count when trying to close out close games) and our DC is a year wiser.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:

I believe that the DL will be better than last year and solid to good, based on the 'fact' that we have better depth than last year to allow our vets to stay fresher, we have more big game experience (which will count when trying to close out close games) and our DC is a year wiser.

I really like our depth at DT, but have some questions about the DE depth...

At DT we have Smith and let's say Sims as the starting duo. We have McGee as the 3rd guy on the DC, who can fill in for either spot in the right situation (UT in running down, NT in passing down for example). Then we have Ellis who can fill in at NT to give Sims some rest. Ellis could offer the same strong base against the run when he gets used to the NFL, but he could offer more as a pass rusher. We also have CJ Wilson who can come in at DT and stop the run. Tuck can slide inside in obvious passing situations. Jack Crawford also can slide inside in nickel or dime packages.

But at DE we have very little behind the 2 vets. Crawford hopefully does something positive, effective this year as the back up LDE in base\run packages, but I start to loose faith in that dog...Wilson can also line up at LDE to stop the run. Obviously we have Mack now, who can slide down the the LDE spot on passing downs, when Tuck is inside at DT or when he is gassed out. If Tuck goes down or struggles we will have a serious problem here IMO.
At RDE we have Woodley and nothing more...if he goes down or struggles we are down...Now that's what bothers me...

However I have a different approach which makes me feel better:

We will use 3 guys with their hands in the dirt and we will use 4 guys standing up. (And still not a true 3-4 D...)
The "dirt" guys number 1 objective is to kill the run.
#2 is obviously put pressure on the QB.
The standing corp. will be slip into two parts...pass rushers and cover guys (obviously the LB's will have to take part in the run stopping)...

Dirt group:
Tuck, Smith, Sims, McGee, Ellis, Wilson, Crawford
I like this group for that role!

Standing group:
Pass rushers:
Woodley, Mack, Moore, Burris, Fields
Cover guys:
Roach, Burnett, Maiava (obviously Mack and Moore will do both)
In this version I like our pass rushing group and the cover group too, the overall picture is better for me.

However still a lot depends on LaMarr Woodley. He may be the most important of the big 3 to me now. If he can play well and effective we could have a strong D. If he flops I1m not sure who can take over his role without hurting the hole unit...

I don't know if I was able to make myself clear here...sorry if not Smile
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Darbsk wrote:

I really like our depth at DT, but have some questions about the DE depth...

At DT we have Smith and let's say Sims as the starting duo. We have McGee as the 3rd guy on the DC, who can fill in for either spot in the right situation (UT in running down, NT in passing down for example). Then we have Ellis who can fill in at NT to give Sims some rest. Ellis could offer the same strong base against the run when he gets used to the NFL, but he could offer more as a pass rusher. We also have CJ Wilson who can come in at DT and stop the run. Tuck can slide inside in obvious passing situations. Jack Crawford also can slide inside in nickel or dime packages.

But at DE we have very little behind the 2 vets. Crawford hopefully does something positive, effective this year as the back up LDE in base\run packages, but I start to loose faith in that dog...Wilson can also line up at LDE to stop the run. Obviously we have Mack now, who can slide down the the LDE spot on passing downs, when Tuck is inside at DT or when he is gassed out. If Tuck goes down or struggles we will have a serious problem here IMO.
At RDE we have Woodley and nothing more...if he goes down or struggles we are down...Now that's what bothers me...

However I have a different approach which makes me feel better:

We will use 3 guys with their hands in the dirt and we will use 4 guys standing up. (And still not a true 3-4 D...)
The "dirt" guys number 1 objective is to kill the run.
#2 is obviously put pressure on the QB.
The standing corp. will be slip into two parts...pass rushers and cover guys (obviously the LB's will have to take part in the run stopping)...

Dirt group:
Tuck, Smith, Sims, McGee, Ellis, Wilson, Crawford
I like this group for that role!

Standing group:
Pass rushers:
Woodley, Mack, Moore, Burris, Fields
Cover guys:
Roach, Burnett, Maiava (obviously Mack and Moore will do both)
In this version I like our pass rushing group and the cover group too, the overall picture is better for me.

However still a lot depends on LaMarr Woodley. He may be the most important of the big 3 to me now. If he can play well and effective we could have a strong D. If he flops I1m not sure who can take over his role without hurting the hole unit...

I don't know if I was able to make myself clear here...sorry if not Smile

I think you're right here. We saw a lot of Houston standing up rushing the passer last season with 3 guys in a 3 point stance. I have no worries at LDE which I think Crawford and CJ Wilson can do a very solid job behind Tuck (Smith could also be an option here) and we have Woodley and Mack (who i could see potentially rushing the passer in the Houston type role of last year also) at the other side. It would be great if we could add a legitimate pass rushing RDE option if Woodley doesn't work out or misses time but I guess we could only fill in so many spots in FA and draft..........

I could also see Branch being used blitzing more than we've seen previously aswell as Moore, Burnett Woodson and Burris on times.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:

I think you're right here. We saw a lot of Houston standing up rushing the passer last season with 3 guys in a 3 point stance. I have no worries at LDE which I think Crawford and CJ Wilson can do a very solid job behind Tuck (Smith could also be an option here) and we have Woodley and Mack (who i could see potentially rushing the passer in the Houston type role of last year also) at the other side. It would be great if we could add a legitimate pass rushing RDE option if Woodley doesn't work out or misses time but I guess we could only fill in so many spots in FA and draft..........

I could also see Branch being used blitzing more than we've seen previously aswell as Moore, Burnett Woodson and Burris on times.

That European thinking again Smile

As for the blitzing Branch should bring a new element with his speed\size.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: