You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumors and Bold Predictions Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Totally agree with BP. FA will under-whelming.

Sanchez will be the starting QB. Rex Ryan loves Sanchez but he does carry a large cap number and the NYJ already have their QBotF. Current Director of Player Personnel was instrumental in trading up to draft Sanchez. Sanchez will have a desire to return to the West Coast.

Houston walks. Veldheer tagged.

NFL Draft:
1) Hou - Bortles: O'Brien, having worked for O'Leary, knows more about Bortles than any other prospect in the draft. At 6'5" 232lbs Bortles arguably has the most upside of any player in the draft.
2) StL - Watkins: Sammy on turf? Shocked The Rams want to trade down but ultimately they fall in LOVE with Sammy in private workouts. Sammy is the most explosive offensive player in the draft.
3) Jax - Clowney: They Jags intended to draft a QB until Clowney falls in their lap.
4) Clev - Carr: The Browns are satisfied to draft the best QB on the board when they are on the clock.
5) Rams (via Raiders) - Robinson: Rams acquire the top WR & OT in the draft. With both Robinson and Matthews available there will be suitors for #5. Last season the Raiders set a trading precedence when they shipped #3 for #13 & #42. Based on that #5 for #13 & #44 is equitable.

DA get fired. McKenzie survives barely.

Raiders go hard after Harbaugh with the intent of making him the highest paid coach in the NFL.

Been wondering about that myself. Not sure how Harbs and McKenzie would get along though.
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Sanchez will be the starting QB. Rex Ryan loves Sanchez but he does carry a large cap number and the NYJ already have their QBotF. Current Director of Player Personnel was instrumental in trading up to draft Sanchez. Sanchez will have a desire to return to the West Coast.

NFL Draft:
1) Hou - Bortles: O'Brien, having worked for O'Leary, knows more about Bortles than any other prospect in the draft. At 6'5" 232lbs Bortles arguably has the most upside of any player in the draft.
2) StL - Watkins: Sammy on turf? Shocked The Rams want to trade down but ultimately they fall in LOVE with Sammy in private workouts. Sammy is the most explosive offensive player in the draft.
3) Jax - Clowney: They Jags intended to draft a QB until Clowney falls in their lap.
4) Clev - Carr: The Browns are satisfied to draft the best QB on the board when they are on the clock.
5) Rams (via Raiders) - Robinson: Rams acquire the top WR & OT in the draft. With both Robinson and Matthews available there will be suitors for #5. Last season the Raiders set a trading precedence when they shipped #3 for #13 & #42. Based on that #5 for #13 & #44 is equitable.

Raiders go hard after Harbaugh with the intent of making him the highest paid coach in the NFL.

Been wondering about that myself. Not sure how Harbs and McKenzie would get along though.

I wouldn't read too much into the "Baalke and Harbough" thing as Harbough's fault. Baalke is a big alpha male, much like Harbough. You put two together and there's going to be tension. Anyone else would get along fine and work very well with Harbough. Anyway, I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I'm sure there's some tension, but nothing to the point of one of them having to go. I can't see this happening.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

NFL Draft:

I wouldn't read too much into the "Baalke and Harbough" thing as Harbough's fault. Baalke is a big alpha male, much like Harbough. You put two together and there's going to be tension. Anyone else would get along fine and work very well with Harbough. Anyway, I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. I'm sure there's some tension, but nothing to the point of one of them having to go. I can't see this happening.

Actually I wasn't referring to that at all. I just think a "Reggie" type of player might be different than a "Harbaugh" type of player and Harbaugh may want a little more control of personel decisions.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders gonna sign Verner day one of FA im calling it right now
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will sign Josh Freeman.
Sammy Watkins will not be the pick at 5.
We will trade down and take Aaron Donald or take Bridgewater at 5.

Sig by me PM for one
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bridgewater is off the board at #5 we take Aaron Donald at #5.
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Yea or that, I feel like Donald's stock is rising. I want to see how we address free agency before even predicting our pick at 5. But I know it has to be one of the QB's since we don't have our QBOTF in house currently.

Sig by me PM for one
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

Yawn. You talk like you're plugged in around the league and know exactly how teams negotiate. The value of every drafts different. You think if the Rams had the #2 pick last year and wanted to trade down, they'd expect the same compensation they received in the RG3 trade the year prior?
G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston leaves but we get Peppers in FA.Clowney is drafted by us at #5 and Manning gets CRUSHED by those two and Denver misses the playoffs. River's gets CRUSHED by Sims and SD misses the playoffs. Alex Smith fearing for his health rolls out and gets CRUSHED by Moore...
Step 1 CRUSH QB's
Step 2 ....
Step 3 Win the Super Bowl.
Any questions?!? Twisted Evil
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

I'll be super pissed if we take him at 5 or take him anywhere in the top 10.
Tacos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will sign Mark Sanchez.

Raider nation will hate that we signed Mark Sanchez but he will do an okay job.

Pryor is traded for next to nothing.

The Raiders don't re-sign JV.

Raiders address WR in the first, and DE with the next two picks.

(I would want Mark over Freeman, they're both bad but Freeman is a bum. My preferred QB is Vick, personal bias, but I actually want to see Mark grow as he has actually been decent at times)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Houston leaves but we get Peppers in FA.Clowney is drafted by us at #5 and Manning gets CRUSHED by those two and Denver misses the playoffs. River's gets CRUSHED by Sims and SD misses the playoffs. Alex Smith fearing for his health rolls out and gets CRUSHED by Moore...
Step 1 CRUSH QB's
Step 2 ....
Step 3 Win the Super Bowl.
Any questions?!? Twisted Evil
I like this more than mine, although having those two and Houston would be pretty cool too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Yawn. You talk like you're plugged in around the league and know exactly how teams negotiate. The value of every drafts different. You think if the Rams had the #2 pick last year and wanted to trade down, they'd expect the same compensation they received in the RG3 trade the year prior?

This is a prediction thread. Thanks for being a fan though.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my predictions for the upcoming weeks:

the nicks and I have to give out so many warnings that webby has to get involved with all the petty sniping at each other.

also: we draft some players and get some players via FA and we endlessly debate/argue about them, each side saying the same thing over and over again and neither side willing to give up or see the other sides point!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
Tacos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
my predictions for the upcoming weeks:

the nicks and I have to give out so many warnings that webby has to get involved with all the petty sniping at each other.

also: we draft some players and get some players via FA and we endlessly debate/argue about them, each side saying the same thing over and over again and neither side willing to give up or see the other sides point!
What a reach. The topic says to have bold predictions but damn, arguments on this forum, a ludicrous thought. We're all fairly kind and civil here.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: