Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandin Cooks Vs. OBJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3735
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
JMG wrote:
I want nothing to do with Cooks. Probably one of the most overrated players thus far in the draft process.

Why?



Yeah, why? I think Cooks is better than Tavon Austin, and I would love to grab him in the first round. It's crazy, but this draft really is so deep at WR. There are like 5 or 6 guys I would take before any of the WRs selected in the first round last year.

I agree.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Imarobot


Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Posts: 8835
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Just throwing this out there. But I see the phrase he's a slot guy and we already have Kerley come up a lot. He's about to for an extension, with all the players that are succeeding in the slot, I'm starting to think he could be easily replaced rather than extend and pay him. What makes him valuable now besides his skill set, is his low salary. If extended he's not as valuable in other words.


People who are saying he's a slot guy are just looking at his size and have never actually seen him play. Cooks is going to be an outside receiver, he has the long speed for it, he has the quickness, the hands, and the ability to go up and get the ball.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16729
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Just throwing this out there. But I see the phrase he's a slot guy and we already have Kerley come up a lot. He's about to for an extension, with all the players that are succeeding in the slot, I'm starting to think he could be easily replaced rather than extend and pay him. What makes him valuable now besides his skill set, is his low salary. If extended he's not as valuable in other words.


People who are saying he's a slot guy are just looking at his size and have never actually seen him play. Cooks is going to be an outside receiver, he has the long speed for it, he has the quickness, the hands, and the ability to go up and get the ball.




Just because he is 5'10 doesn't mean he will only be limited to the slot. He has the ability to be a #2 WR for a lot of teams, and potential to eventually be the top target. I would love to grab Cook in the first, and then a lil later on grab someone else like a Donte Montcrief or Martevious Bryant.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
drew39k


Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 2990
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking
Watkins
Evans
Lee
Mathews
Obj
Cooks

Don't want either cooks or obj at 18.
_________________
LackToast wrote:
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Imarobot


Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Posts: 8835
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Just throwing this out there. But I see the phrase he's a slot guy and we already have Kerley come up a lot. He's about to for an extension, with all the players that are succeeding in the slot, I'm starting to think he could be easily replaced rather than extend and pay him. What makes him valuable now besides his skill set, is his low salary. If extended he's not as valuable in other words.


People who are saying he's a slot guy are just looking at his size and have never actually seen him play. Cooks is going to be an outside receiver, he has the long speed for it, he has the quickness, the hands, and the ability to go up and get the ball.




Just because he is 5'10 doesn't mean he will only be limited to the slot. He has the ability to be a #2 WR for a lot of teams, and potential to eventually be the top target. I would love to grab Cook in the first, and then a lil later on grab someone else like a Donte Montcrief or Martevious Bryant.


Yup. It's obviously a very lofty comparison but he has a lot of Steve Smith in him. At least that's the kind of attitude he has on the field and I think attitude has a lot more to with how a player will perform than measurables. (I mean look at Steve Smith) Cooks seems to have a 'I don't back down from anyone' attitude and you need that as a number one. I know I'm repeating myself over and over on how much I like this guy but I think he can be a huge difference maker for our offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 836
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Watkins/OBJ/Cooks/Evans as the top

Matthews is nipping at the bit


Marqise Lee is grossly overrated and flat out stinks.

Davante Adams has TREMENDOUS upside as a redzone wide receiver. He truly is one of the best redzone guys in the draft. Look out for him.

Paul Richardson-- not that good

Allen Robinson-- Mediocre at best


I watched a lot of tape on these guys and these are just my opinions but I am truly confident Beckham is going to be a force in the nfl. Everybody look out for him and Cooks.

Id draft em both if I could.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7886
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have put a poll on this one. I like them both.

I actually like Cooks more than I liked Tavon because he made catches in traffic. positioned his body well in Jump ball situations.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 836
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Should have put a poll on this one. I like them both.

I actually like Cooks more than I liked Tavon because he made catches in traffic. positioned his body well in Jump ball situations.


Did one for all the wide receivers in the draft in a new thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7886
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Should have put a poll on this one. I like them both.

I actually like Cooks more than I liked Tavon because he made catches in traffic. positioned his body well in Jump ball situations.


Did one for all the wide receivers in the draft in a new thread.


Good idea. But between Cooks and OBJ, I'm actually leaning towards Cooks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RDawg10


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 836
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Should have put a poll on this one. I like them both.

I actually like Cooks more than I liked Tavon because he made catches in traffic. positioned his body well in Jump ball situations.


Did one for all the wide receivers in the draft in a new thread.


Good idea. But between Cooks and OBJ, I'm actually leaning towards Cooks.


They are both IMO going to be very good. Its tough to judge which one is better right now. OBJ has better hands and that's what I see on tape that makes me like him the most.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7886
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Should have put a poll on this one. I like them both.

I actually like Cooks more than I liked Tavon because he made catches in traffic. positioned his body well in Jump ball situations.


Did one for all the wide receivers in the draft in a new thread.


Good idea. But between Cooks and OBJ, I'm actually leaning towards Cooks.


They are both IMO going to be very good. Its tough to judge which one is better right now. OBJ has better hands and that's what I see on tape that makes me like him the most.


Are there any stats up to show how many drops they had? I'm very interested in that. We also have to factor in how many times they were targeted.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 3049
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing is IMO I really wouldn't be upset if in round 1 or 2 we drafted any of these top receivers. The only guys I'd be diss painted if we drafted are Benjamin and Lee. Watkins, Evans, Matthews, OBJ, Cooks, Robinson and Adams I'd all be excited if we drafted them. I personally only think Watkins, Evans, Matthews and OBJ are 1st round worthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group