Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandin Cooks Vs. OBJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, is we need both size and quickness. Watkins is the only one with both. Who we get in FA @ WR I think will determine what kind of guy we target in the draft. Tate is comparable to what OBJ brings to the table so if signed him, I'd imagine a Matthews big bodied type guy would make more sense to draft.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heymangold wrote:
skrILL wrote:
Heymangold wrote:
Matthews ran a 4.46 forty while OBJ ran a 4.43 forty. don't think theres much of a difference in "breakaway speed" there. OBJ might posses more "quickness" but he isn't much superior in speed.

and matthews is 6'3'' 212lbs.

Quickness matters. A lot.

never said it didn't. lets all agree that if we draft Matthews, OBJ, Cooks, even Adams (which nobody seems to be talking about), we're in a better position then last year.

I would hope so, but it's not a lock. Did drafting Stephen Hill put us in a better position?

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Heymangold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not knocking Matthews quickness. You were knocking his speed, I pointed out he's .03 slower on the 40. I also said he probably isn't as quick as OBJ or Cooks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooks and OBJ both recorded amazing 20-yard shuttle times. Cooks' time (3.81) was the third lowest ever recorded by a WR an the lowest since Deion Branch in 2002. OBJ's time (3.94) is the fourth lowest of the past decade, trailing only Cooks, Austin Pettis, and Damian Copeland.

FWIW, Jeremy Kerley also had an excellent 20-yard shuttle time of 3.99. It is the 8th best of the past decade (not counting 2014 prospcts).

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews struggled to get open vs the cBs at the senior bowl. He'll be there in round 2.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Hansen31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
Matthews struggled to get open vs the cBs at the senior bowl. He'll be there in round 2.

I don't think he will be
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:

Scouts care a lot more about the practices than the actual game. He gained plenty of separation throughout the week.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Why would you think a 6'3" 212lbs WR would be as quick as a WR who's under 6' and under 200lbs? Is Alshon Jeffrey as quick as DJax? No bc they're completely different WRs. You wanna knock Matthews quickness. If that's the case people can knock Cooks and OBJ lack to be able and get the ball being short. They can get best up at the line. Not great redzone targets. Just showing you that every WR brings something to the table.

I'm not knocking Matthews quickness, I'm praising OBJ's. He has elite quickness.

I''ll go ahead and say it- Matthews doesn't appear to be an elite athlete in pads on a football field, based on what's available to see of him on you tube. Don't get me wrong, I like him, he performed well at the combine,and I think he'd be a good fit for the Jets. I just haven't seen anything on tape yet that makes me think he's worthy of pick eighteen overalll.

I think Beckham and possibly Cooks profile as safer bets to live up to that draft status. Matthews would be an asset to any team, but it looks like he could possibly wind up as a third or fourth posession type of receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want nothing to do with Cooks. Probably one of the most overrated players thus far in the draft process.

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
I want nothing to do with Cooks. Probably one of the most overrated players thus far in the draft process.

Dat shuttle time doe.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing this out there. But I see the phrase he's a slot guy and we already have Kerley come up a lot. He's about to for an extension, with all the players that are succeeding in the slot, I'm starting to think he could be easily replaced rather than extend and pay him. What makes him valuable now besides his skill set, is his low salary. If extended he's not as valuable in other words.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Just throwing this out there. But I see the phrase he's a slot guy and we already have Kerley come up a lot. He's about to for an extension, with all the players that are succeeding in the slot, I'm starting to think he could be easily replaced rather than extend and pay him. What makes him valuable now besides his skill set, is his low salary. If extended he's not as valuable in other words.

Well you have to pay him what he should be paid. If he wants more than how you value him then you trade/let him walk
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:

Why?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying you can get a guy like Cooks possibly in the early 2nd round. So what a 2nd round picks salary is compared to what we might have to pay Kerley. Spending a 2nd Cooks could be cheaper.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
JMG wrote:

Why?

Yeah, why? I think Cooks is better than Tavon Austin, and I would love to grab him in the first round. It's crazy, but this draft really is so deep at WR. There are like 5 or 6 guys I would take before any of the WRs selected in the first round last year.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: