Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAET LXIV: 808's and heartbreak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jroc04

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
Soooo....

My fiancÚ that I've been with for almost 5 years is dumping me. She told me about a week and a half ago now. Tired talking to her about it but she has zero interest in working things out. Thing is we have a kid together and 6 months left on our lease.

FML. I haven't really been able to eat for days now. Anyone been through something like this before?

Sorry to hear that, bro. That's tough.

I think everyone's been through something of that effect. I've never been engaged and I don't have a kid but I can empathize. I've been in long term relationships that end.

My only real advice, given that you've tried to work it and she's unwilling, is to move on. You've done what you could. You can still be a great Dad and be a strong positive impact in your kid's life. That's the most important part. Can't let the kid suffer over the parents' indiscretions. That really should be your only focus. People fall out of love all the time. IMO, better to find out now than later. People get resentful and it would make a tough environment for the kid. It's not hard to tell when a couple struggles emotionally together.

As to your personal life, you have a clean slate. Got to look at it positively. I love being single. And although I know it's not for everyone, it's exciting and very enjoyable if you handle yourself correctly. I'm sure there will be healing involved but when it's over you have to come out confident. Know you're worth happiness and a chick that's worth your time. Be honest, treat women right and you'll be back in it in no time. Plenty of single women available and want a good guy. For a night or longer.

Good luck, man.

808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
oland11 wrote:

Just something I found on Twitter.

I like this.... Allot

Dude in the back, he needs to give it up and just shave, that's awful... Laughing
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
oland11 wrote:

Just something I found on Twitter.

I like this.... Allot

Dude in the back, he needs to give it up and just shave, that's awful... Laughing
It's Alex Henery. He had been reading message boards ever since the season ended and saw how fans were fed up with him. He got depressed and just started stuffing his face with ice cream every night, and after that it was only a matter of time before his hair started falling out. Damn shame.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
Soooo....

My fiancÚ that I've been with for almost 5 years is dumping me. She told me about a week and a half ago now. Tired talking to her about it but she has zero interest in working things out. Thing is we have a kid together and 6 months left on our lease.

FML. I haven't really been able to eat for days now. Anyone been through something like this before?

My advice to you is get super ripped and wear a suit. Make her wish she had you back!

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
Soooo....

Wow. I can't even imagine what that must be like.

Only thing is to be the best father you can be. The situation with her wanting to move on is really out of your control. It sucks. But the thing you can control is being an awesome dad and making sure that kid has every opportunity to be happy and successful. Strong role model. Someone to relate to. Someone your kid can respect. I'm sure you already know this though.

Best of luck with this man.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I haz a sad for Jay.[/b]

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for ya Jay Sad , just try to have atleast a stable relationship with her for your childs sake.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatest scene in cinematography history?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember that time heals all wounds friend. I can't say how long you'll be feeling down in the gutters, but I can say there is a light at the end of this tunnel you're going through right now.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to be good friends and get him wasted. Probably take him to a script club too.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
Soooo....

Sorry to hear that, bro. That's tough.

I think everyone's been through something of that effect. I've never been engaged and I don't have a kid but I can empathize. I've been in long term relationships that end.

My only real advice, given that you've tried to work it and she's unwilling, is to move on. You've done what you could. You can still be a great Dad and be a strong positive impact in your kid's life. That's the most important part. Can't let the kid suffer over the parents' indiscretions. That really should be your only focus. People fall out of love all the time. IMO, better to find out now than later. People get resentful and it would make a tough environment for the kid. It's not hard to tell when a couple struggles emotionally together.

As to your personal life, you have a clean slate. Got to look at it positively. I love being single. And although I know it's not for everyone, it's exciting and very enjoyable if you handle yourself correctly. I'm sure there will be healing involved but when it's over you have to come out confident. Know you're worth happiness and a chick that's worth your time. Be honest, treat women right and you'll be back in it in no time. Plenty of single women available and want a good guy. For a night or longer.
F
Good luck, man.

Applause Applause

Couldn't have said it better! Excellent advice. Jay keep your head up Bro. Their is life after marriage and or first loves. Concentrate on your kid and trying to have a respectful relationship with his mother in his presence. Even during the times (they will come) she doesn't deserve it.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 15 Gm/ 82 Rec/ 1269Yds/ 10 TD/ 15 YPC/
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks Jay. But trust that time will heal.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And trust Jroc because he's the man.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
You guys need to be good friends and get him wasted. Probably take him to a script club too.

???????????

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the other say, be the best father you can, and in just a couple of years (or even months) that kid will become your wingman. #Chickslovekids

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 82 of 98

Jump to: