Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Knockin' on Valhalla's Door
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skywindO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The end finally looks to be near for the Chris Kluwe investigation, as the report is expected to done in about two weeks. Chris Madel, one of two lawyers heading the investigation into allegations made by the former Vikings punter, said Monday one more person needs to be interviewed and it has been scheduled.

Madel: “Last interview is Friday. The report should be done within 10 days from then.”

Kluwe: “That’s very good news. We’ve been waiting a while, and I think everybody is anxious to see what it contains. I think it’s a little bit longer than the Jonathan Martin one, but at the end of the day, they wanted to be thorough, and that’s all we can ask for.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/vikings/2014/06/09/chris-kluwe-report-due-in-about-two-weeks/

I'm trying to imagine Kluwe on a Mike Zimmer coached team... Laughing

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
The Seahawks signed Kevin Williams.

[Moderator: Please post with a link, or tweet]

@AdamSchefter: Seahawks have reached agreement with defensive tackle Kevin Williams on a one-year contract, per @Edwerderespn.

Ah, too bad. Hope he wins a ring this year, they're going to have a great chance to repeat if Harvin stays healthy.

But, like Winfield, he too could get cut before the season starts. The Seahawks already have 10 DTs on their roster without him. There's absolutely no guarantees that he'll make it.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans worked out veteran linebackers Quentin Groves and Marvin Mitchell on Monday.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/titansinsider/2014/06/17/titans-quentin-grives-marvin-mitchell-nfl/10691671/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Spielman: "Kevin Williams earned a place in Vikings history and continued the proud tradition of great defensive linemen to wear purple. Kevin's work ethic, humility and team-first approach is a model for younger players. A six-time pro bowler and five-time first-team all-pro, Kevin was honored as an NFL all-decade player for the 2000s along with a spot on the 50 Greatest Vikings squad. We wish him the best and will always count him as a member of the Vikings family."

Williams told the Pioneer Press he would have considered re-signing the Vikings had they made an earlier offer. After finalizing his decision to leave, he spoke well of the team, saying, "I appreciate the fans and how they supported me and the whole organization."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_25989517/vikings-bid-kevin-williams-fond-farewell

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former all-pro guard Steve Hutchinson is hoping to return to the Vikings organization. Hutchinson, a seven-time pro bowler who played for Minnesota from 2006-11, said Wednesday he has talked to Vikings general manager Rick Spielman and assistant general manager George Paton about possibly being a pro scout for the team in the South. The team, he said, has been receptive.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_25988303/vikings-steve-hutchinson-hopes-rejoin-team-scout

Webmaster wrote:
since72

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Kevin was honored as an NFL all-decade player for the 2000s along with a spot on the 50 Greatest Vikings squad.

I wonder who the 50th Greatest Viking was that got bumped to make room for Kevin Williams. Must suck to be the 50th just waiting for the next All-Pro to come along.

Wow. I just checked out the list. Some really head scratching names on the list.

Bob Lurtsema? Not even a starter??? Ricky Young? Chad Greenway?

Brett Favre? 50 Greatest VIKINGS. Gotta love it. Laughing
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby Gerhart: "Gus Bradley comes from the Seattle Seahawks' model of playing good defense, relying on the run game where Marshawn Lynch was their 'Beast Mode' out there. Hopefully, I'll be the 'Beast Mode' down here for the Jaguars. I want to be a guy who helps turn this program around with a physical, punishing offense."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2014/06/18/toby-gerhart-marshawn-lynch-beast-mode-dave-caldwell-jacksonville-gus-bradley-denard-robinson/10803029/

Webmaster wrote:
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Toby Gerhart: "Gus Bradley comes from the Seattle Seahawks' model of playing good defense, relying on the run game where Marshawn Lynch was their 'Beast Mode' out there. Hopefully, I'll be the 'Beast Mode' down here for the Jaguars. I want to be a guy who helps turn this program around with a physical, punishing offense."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2014/06/18/toby-gerhart-marshawn-lynch-beast-mode-dave-caldwell-jacksonville-gus-bradley-denard-robinson/10803029/

I really hope Toby does well down there. I believe the league is really underrating that signing.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingUpdate.com ‏@VikingUpdate 5m
The Giants signed two former #Vikings on Thursday, DT Everett Dawkins and OT DeMarcus Love.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The end finally looks to be near for the Chris Kluwe investigation, as the report is expected to done in about two weeks. Chris Madel, one of two lawyers heading the investigation into allegations made by the former Vikings punter, said Monday one more person needs to be interviewed and it has been scheduled.

Madel: “Last interview is Friday. The report should be done within 10 days from then.”

Kluwe: “That’s very good news. We’ve been waiting a while, and I think everybody is anxious to see what it contains. I think it’s a little bit longer than the Jonathan Martin one, but at the end of the day, they wanted to be thorough, and that’s all we can ask for.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/vikings/2014/06/09/chris-kluwe-report-due-in-about-two-weeks/

Actually Chris, I think you are the only one who cares the least bit.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since72 wrote:
Bob Lurtsema? Not even a starter???

There's a reason why he's "Benchwarmer" Bob.

And I agree Uncle Buck, I could really care less what comes of that investigation. The only ones that really can and should care are those that are in the locker room. The rest of us...eh, we don't work in that environment.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
since72

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
since72 wrote:
Bob Lurtsema? Not even a starter???

There's a reason why he's "Benchwarmer" Bob.

My mistake. I clicked on a link to the 100 players that were up for voting.

Benchwarmer Bob didn't make it to the top 50. Neither did Brent Novoselsky. Crying or Very sad

Sorry for my confusion. Anxious

The actual list of top 50 Vikings of All Time looks like a good list. Good mix of stars from all years. Lots of great memories there.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's alright Laughing

I don't believe Favre should be on there either...but speaking of Favre...

Quote:
Hoping to appeal to the everyman demographic in Mississippi, Republican Senator Thad Cochran has released an ad featuring a humble, high school offensive coordinator named Brett Favre, who helped lead Oak Grove High School to the state 6A championship last year.

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/06/20/brett-favre-appeared-in-a-campaign-ad/?eref=sihp

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leader of the company that made the infamous StarCaps nutritional supplement has been fined for the misbranding of the drug. Nikki Haskell, who incorporated the now-defunct company that sold StarCaps, was fined $60,000 on Friday by a federal judge in New York, according to Reuters. Haskell plead guilty to a misdemeanor in March in connection with the misbranding.

StarCaps was a weight-loss aide that contained bumetanide, a substance banned by the NFL. However, the presence of bumetanide was not listed as an ingredient in the drug. Seahawks defensive tackle Kevin Williams and Patriots defensive end Will Smith were among the players who served suspensions for taking StarCaps after a legal battle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/20/report-key-starcaps-figure-fined-60000-for-mislabeling-of-drug/

Prosecutors had sought a $100,000 fine. Haskell, 73, also faced up to six months in prison under a plea agreement announced in March. "I am so remorseful for this," she told the judge. "It was never my intent to do anything inappropriate my entire life."

A onetime television show host, Haskell has occasionally appeared in the New York Post's Page Six gossip column. Billing herself the "Diet Queen to the Stars," she was the chief executive of Balanced Health, which marketed StarCaps as an "all natural diet supplement" containing papaya and garlic. But in 2008, the company voluntarily recalled StarCaps citing the presence of bumetanide, which is used to treat heart failure, renal failure and high blood pressure and that also carries health risks including fluid and electrolyte loss.

Haskell during the hearing said she was "completely unaware" StarCaps, which was manufactured in Peru, had bumetanide it, adding she had "never even heard of the product until I heard these football players were using it."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Robin Morey said the NFL, meanwhile, had been aware since 2006 that StarCaps contained bumetanide, but did not tell anyone.

http://news.yahoo.com/diet-queen-stars-fined-drug-tied-nfl-suspensions-212142440--nfl.html

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys have an offensive-minded head coach in Jason Garrett and an offensive coordinator in Bill Callahan, but it’s passing game coordinator Scott Linehan who’s running the offense in Dallas. Linehan led all the offensive meetings throughout the spring, Albert Breer of NFL Network reports. That fact confirms the widespread belief that while Garrett is Linehan’s boss and Callahan is technically above Linehan on the organizational flow chart, it’s Linehan who is making the decisions on the Cowboys’ offense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/21/scott-linehan-takes-firm-control-of-the-cowboys-offense/

somebody we know is positioning himself to be a head coach some day....

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20

Jump to: