Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How should the cardinals handle their future QB situation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should the cardinals do?
Draft Mettenberger in the third round
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Draft Garoppolo in the third round
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Draft another QB late In the 2014 draft
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Trade up for one of the top 3 QB's in the 2014 draft
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Draft a QB in 2015
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Let Ryan Lindley be our future starter
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

JLW

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched him a fair amount. I liked him as a college player, but not as a prospect if that makes sense. I don't see much potential. He's a low ceiling low floor guy.

His accuracy is erratic, his arm strength is meh, his size leaves something to be desired, and his athletic ability isn't even outstanding.

If we are taking a project guy, why not one with big upside?
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're gonna go after a short QB I think it should be Aaron Murray. I don't think QB is a position we should address but I'd be all over him in the 6th.

Above average arm strength
Excellent accuracy and anticipation
Great poise in the pocket
Good feel for pressure and manipulates pocket well
Operated out of a pro like offense
Solid athlete and throws well on the run
Very tough
Throws well to all levels of the field
Quick release
Plays well in big moments
Smart and makes good decisions
Goes through multiple progressions

Only weaknesses are size and lack of elite arm strength. Also is coming off a torn ACL.

I really like Aaron Murray. Really think he could be our QBOTF or at the very least an excellent backup.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip QB this year, QBs outside of round 1 being that good are few and far between

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
If we're gonna go after a short QB I think it should be Aaron Murray. I don't think QB is a position we should address but I'd be all over him in the 6th.

Above average arm strength
Excellent accuracy and anticipation
Great poise in the pocket
Good feel for pressure and manipulates pocket well
Operated out of a pro like offense
Solid athlete and throws well on the run
Very tough
Throws well to all levels of the field
Quick release
Plays well in big moments
Smart and makes good decisions
Goes through multiple progressions

Only weaknesses are size and lack of elite arm strength. Also is coming off a torn ACL.

I really like Aaron Murray. Really think he could be our QBOTF or at the very least an excellent backup.

I've also heard nothing but good things about Murray and the mental side of the game. That is HUGE.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Mike Glennon? 19 tds 9 Ints his first year. Played well against Seattle played decent with everything falling apart around him. Lovie Smith doesn't love him and named Mckown the starter. He could be had for a 5th rounder and has a great deep ball for Arians offense.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
SoggyBilling

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on Murray there is a LOT to like. I just hope he isn't pushed into a starting situation early and suffers from it.

I would be interested in adding him in the mid-rounds and seeing how that camp battle turns out.
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
What do you guys think about Mike Glennon? 19 tds 9 Ints his first year. Played well against Seattle played decent with everything falling apart around him. Lovie Smith doesn't love him and named Mckown the starter. He could be had for a 5th rounder and has a great deep ball for Arians offense.

No upside. So awkward.....
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:

I loved him last year, stereotypical BA QB. Has a lot of potential with the canon that he has. Would be fun to see Bruce get his hands on him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

I loved him last year, stereotypical BA QB. Has a lot of potential with the canon that he has. Would be fun to see Bruce get his hands on him

He's like John Skelton in the pocket....
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoggyBilling wrote:
I agree on Murray there is a LOT to like. I just hope he isn't pushed into a starting situation early and suffers from it.

I would be interested in adding him in the mid-rounds and seeing how that camp battle turns out.

I really wouldn't see any reason he would have to start early. Doubt he would even surpass Stanton on the depth chart his rookie year.

But let him sit and recover from his knee injury and at the same time learn the complicated Arians offense. Year 2 we could potentially dump Palmer and role with Murray.

But like I said earlier, we don't have to go after a QB. But if we were to go after one later in the draft, Aaron Murray is the one I would want.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMachONE wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:

He's like John Skelton in the pocket....

I think he has great pocket presence, but that's just me. He's a statue, but so is Palmer. I think he has a ton of upside

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon has very little upside. His arm strength is really not that good. I don't understand how everyone seems to think he has a big arm. Is it just because he's tall?

I had him as undraftable last year, and he surprised me a little bit that he wasn't a total trainwreck, but he's not someone I'd want to ever be my starting QB.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
Glennon has very little upside. His arm strength is really not that good. I don't understand how everyone seems to think he has a big arm. Is it just because he's tall?

I had him as undraftable last year, and he surprised me a little bit that he wasn't a total trainwreck, but he's not someone I'd want to ever be my starting QB.

If you don't think he has a good arm you're probably thinking about the wrong guy. That's the only explanation I can find

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I know exactly which guy I'm talking about. I really don't think his arm is anything special.

I don't know if you buy into the radar gun numbers from the Combine (honestly, I am a bit iffy on them myself, they aren't an officially tracked thing and it's not clear exactly how they are obtained), but Glennon only recorded a speed of 49mph which is very poor.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, speed isn't the same as strength. But ok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: