Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 AFC East Champion Jets Post Combine Mock Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: 2014 AFC East Champion Jets Post Combine Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Cuts:

CB Antonio Cromartie
QB Mark Sanchez
WR Santonio Holmes
S Dawan Landry
RB Mike Goodson
G Ben Ijalana
RB Alex Green
WR Clyde Gates
TE Chris Pantale

Re-signings:

T Austin Howard
G Willie Colon
TE Jeff Cumberland
OLB Calvin Pace
CB Ellis Lankster
DE Leger Douzable
K Nick Folk
CB Darren Walls
QB Matt Simms

Extensions:

DE Muhammad Wilkerson: He deserves to get paid, we need to keep this DLine intact for years. And he's the best of them all.

WR Jeremy Kerley: I still don't think we've seen Kerley's full potential. He's at his best in the slot with a legit 1 and 2 on the outside.

Free Agency:

WR Emmanuel Sanders: WR is our biggest need. Sanders is a good possession WR and fits well in a WCO. He can be our "Jericho Cotchery" type WR for Geno.

FS Jarius Byrd: Rex finally gets his ball hawk game changing FS. This is our biggest offseason move. Upgrades our secondary hugely.

G Jon Asamoah: Can start at LG. Winters isn't ready to start quite yet. An upgrade to help the run game and give Geno more time.

CB Antonio Cromartie: We bring Cro back. I think he still has a lot left. His hip heals and he bounces back after a poor 2013 season.

WR/RB/RT Dexter McCluster: Great return man. McGaughey can do great things with him. He's also valuable in space as a WR/RB.

QB Josh McCown: Vet QB to compete with Geno. He actually played well when Cutler went down last season. If nothing else he's a good backup.

Draft:

New York Jets trade 2014 1st (1Cool, 2014 3rd from TB (69) and 2015 2nd for Oakland Raiders 2014 1st (5).

1. (from OAK) Sammy Watkins (WR/Clemson) We need weapons terribly. So we get the best one in the draft. Day 1 #1 WR. He has speed, quickness, hands, strength and size.

2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TE/Washington) ASJ can be a matchup nightmare. He has great hands for his size. He's an average blocker, but most college TEs are. Can play all 3 downs.

3. Marcus Smith (OLB/Louisville) Speed pass rusher who will compliment Coples nicely. The outside combo of Coples, Barnes, Pace and Smith behind our DLine should generate this defense 40-45 plus sacks.

4. Charles Sims (RB/West Virginia) Running backs are slipping more and more each year in the draft. With Sims you get a do it all back with more speed than Ivory, plus he catches well out of the backfield.

5. Jordin Tripp (MLB/Montana) Tackling machine at Montana. Adds depth at MLB for us. Can be a future starter next to Davis potentially.

5. (comp) Aaron Murray (QB/Georgia) Smaller QB but is NFL ready after starting for 4yrs in the SEC. Coming off an injury so that's why he falls. Future competition at QB.

6. Aaron Colvin (CB/Oklahoma) He was a top 5-10 CB before he blew his knee out at the senior bowl. He'll miss the whole 2014 season, but the talent is there to maybe start once he heals.

6. (comp) TJ Jones (WR/Notre Dame) Reminds me of Golden Tate. Has put up solid numbers at ND with weak QBs throwing him the ball.

7. Cody Webster (P/Purdue) We get the 2nd best punter in the draft. A position we need to upgrade that's underrated. Field position.

7. (comp) Colt Lyerla (TE/Oregon) Value pick here. Yes I know his issues, but why not? It's a 7th rounder. If he acts up... Cut him. But he has the potential to be a starting TE if he cleans his act up.

Depth Chart
QB: Geno Smith, Josh McCown, Aaron Murray, Matt Simms
RB: Chris Ivory, Charles Sims, Bilal Powell
FB: Tommy Bohanon
WR: Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Jeremy Kerley, David Nelson, Stephen Hill, TJ Jones
WR/RB: Dexter McCluster
TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jeff Cumberland, Zach Sudfeld, Colt Lyerla
LT: D'Brickishaw Ferguson, Oday Aboushi
LG: Jon Asamoah, Brian Winters
C: Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff
RG: Willie Colon, Vlad Ducasse
RT: Austin Howard

LDE: Muhammad Wilkerson, Leger Douzable
NT: Damon Harrison, Kenrick Ellis
RDE: Sheldon Richardson
SLB: Quinton Coples, Marcus Smith, Garrett McIntyre
MLB: David Harris, Demario Davis, Jordin Tripp
WLB: Calvin Pace, Antwan Barnes
CB: Antonio Cromartie, Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson, Darrin Walls, Ellis Lankster, Aaron Colvin
FS: Jarius Byrd, Ed Reed
SS: Antonio Allen, Josh Bush

K: Nick Folk
P: Cody Webster
LS: Tanner Purdum
KR/PR: Dexter McCluster
mikejets22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost always, always anti-trade up. And I especially hate trading future picks..

That said, if Sammy Watkins is what everybody thinks he is going to be (I personally have my doubts, but that neither here nor there) then it would be hard to hate this. Using an extra 3rd and next years second to move up and grab him really isn't terrible.

And I like ASJ and Marcus Smith a lot so we didn't give up our whole draft. I like it a lot, which really surprises me Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do i sign up?????

do it now!
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this for the most part I'm just eh that we have 4 slot receivers Sanders,McCluster,Kerley and Jones. The only others thing is that we have very little safety depth here. Maybe switch out Jones for someone like Jonathan Dowling or Vinnie Sunseri. Besides that this mock is amazing on so many levels.
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably commit murder for this to happen!!! Twisted Evil

Although to play devils advocate I don't think Byrd will hit free agency unfortunately!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not moving into the top 5 and keeping both a 2nd and a 3

it would probably cost us a 1/2/4 to get in there
I know right. Standing with his mother, they looked like a married couple.

Jameis Winston wrote:
I said, we said, uh, I said

#LuckAllDay
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Oakland would be crazy to make that trade. If they trade down it will be only be a few spots. I think they want one of the top QBs, Tackles or Pass Rushers

As for the draft I agree with mikejets about hating to trade up, but if we did, this could turn out to be pretty good.
Kyu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the free agency, but not a huge fan of the draft.
Like most, I'm not a big fan of trading up despite gaining the value of your deal.
I'm not as big a fan of Watkins as most and if we were going to trade up, I'd want it to be at the end of the first to grab a sliding player.

However, you did hit pretty much all of our needs while getting younger and more athletic while only giving up a future 2nd.
Sign me up.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree about Oakland not wanting to trade the pick. They need picks bc they have way more than just a few needs. Also the TB 3rd we own is an early 3rd and a 2nd rounder next year is a lot more valuable than a 4th this year, so I think the trade I have is more valuable than our 1st, 2nd and 4th.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I disagree about Oakland not wanting to trade the pick. They need picks bc they have way more than just a few needs. Also the TB 3rd we own is an early 3rd and a 2nd rounder next year is a lot more valuable than a 4th this year, so I think the trade I have is more valuable than our 1st, 2nd and 4th.

They have more money than us to spend without cutting anyone. They have over 60 million to spend... if they can't fill some holes pre draft with 60 million they have done something wrong. I also think they were stung the last time they traded back last year. They traded back from 3 to 12 and i find it hard to believe DJ Hayden was actually the guy they were originally targeting... they said he was, but thats absurd because he was almost dead mere months before the draft.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FA class isn't great. There's not a player on the market that can turn the Raiders around right away. They're rebuilding. Which means it wil take multiple off seasons to fix holes they have. Yes they have money to spend, but I doubt they spend it all, they'd be smart and save a lot of it for next years FA class. So adding more picks this draft and a 2nd next year would be valuable to them.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
The FA class isn't great. There's not a player on the market that can turn the Raiders around right away. They're rebuilding. Which means it wil take multiple off seasons to fix holes they have. Yes they have money to spend, but I doubt they spend it all, they'd be smart and save a lot of it for next years FA class. So adding more picks this draft and a 2nd next year would be valuable to them.

Yes they'd be smart to do that..... but we are talking about the Raiders.... are you really going to be surprised if they go all out and spend most of that money and find a way to draft someone that is really flashy??
BlaZeN37

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I'm really feeling this mock.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it aside from Aaron Murray. I still dont get while everyone rides this guy. Otherwise this is a great draft.

On a side note. As big of a Sammy Watkins fan as I am, I would rather trade down and take Matthews and another good WR who falls and be much more well equipped at that position for years.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using our 5th round comp pick is far from "riding the guy." I like Murray but don't think he's worth more than that with his small size and coming off an injury. However he was a 4yr starter at a big school in the SEC and played well. So in the 5th round I like his value there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: