Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daniel Kilgore Signs an Extension
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Daniel Kilgore Signs an Extension Reply with quote

The future is now!!!!!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-kilgore-agree-contract-extension

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw another post saying we hadn't contacted Goodwin yet about an extension. So maybe this is the transition. If he's anywhere near as good as Goodwin, or hopefully better, then go ahead and move him in as the starter and let Goodwin go. Then draft a promising center to develop.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was good with Goodwin returning another year, but the team is good at getting rid of a player at the right time. Harbaugh knows his OL and he has groomed Kilgore to take over the C position for the last couple of years.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great now who do I blame? Laughing

For some reason I always noticed Goodwin stinking up the joint. It was time for this to happen. Kilgore has always seemed sooooo small to me so I'm surprised to see this. I would have never predicted him starting at center the day we drafted him.

This is our first OL change in 3 years Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with this. It means that the staff thinks he's ready.
Seems like a very Boone and Ian Williams signing. We knew nothing about their play. They got extended. Then the plowing season started as did well. Boone at pro bowl play. And aim from the little we saw was good

new sig... sorry alex

Last edited by 49ers Finest on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Great now who do I blame? Laughing

For some reason I always noticed Goodwin stinking up the joint. It was time for this to happen. Kilgore has always seemed sooooo small to me so I'm surprised to see this. I would have never predicted him starting at center the day we drafted him.

This is our first OL change in 3 years Shocked

Kind of misleading but true statement LOL. We had the same OL for two years, but it made it look like it was the same for the entire Harbaugh tenure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I had always sort of expected this move. I thought it may even happen last season. Not a pat on my own back or anything... just always felt good about all that I'd seen of Kilgore.. and had a hunch that he would one day be our future at C. Can't wait to see what he can do as a starter!

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using that roster thinggy website, the other day, I extended Kilgore, so I kinda predicted it. I also extended Bruce, so you can look forward to that.

Can't wait to see the numbers. I wonder if it's more of a Boone type of bridge contract, or more of a Spillman type. Maybe the team told him they wanted to keep him around as a back-up and offered him a somewhat high-end back-up salary (kinda like Spillman, who is paid mostly for his ST play at this stage). If they told him they expect him to fill in for Goodwin, then he'll probably make a little more money.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Funny, I had always sort of expected this move. I thought it may even happen last season. Not a pat on my own back or anything... just always felt good about all that I'd seen of Kilgore.. and had a hunch that he would one day be our future at C. Can't wait to see what he can do as a starter!

I don't think we have anyone on the roster now that can play C, do we? I know Snyder plays almost every position on the o-line, but do we have another center? If not, then time to pick one up, preferably one with some potential, and one who can push Kilgore. When do people think Swanson will go? The USC center has only played 3 years of college ball and two of those were at G. So maybe he has a bigger upside than some of the other guys. If Kilgore is the starter we could afford to develop someone. On the other hand, if Kilgore got hurt he'd have to play so it has to be someone close to NFL-ready.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I don't think we have anyone on the roster now that can play C, do we? I know Snyder plays almost every position on the o-line, but do we have another center? If not, then time to pick one up, preferably one with some potential, and one who can push Kilgore. When do people think Swanson will go? The USC center has only played 3 years of college ball and two of those were at G. So maybe he has a bigger upside than some of the other guys. If Kilgore is the starter we could afford to develop someone. On the other hand, if Kilgore got hurt he'd have to play so it has to be someone close to NFL-ready.

I think that if we draft a lineman, he won't even make the gameday roster. We'll likely go into games with Snyder and Looney as the back-ups. I think it's been said Looney spent some time at C last offseason. But he wouldn't even be the primary back-up there. Snyder will be the first OL onto the field, no matter who gets injured. He's primary back-up at all three interior positions, and if a tackle goes down, Boone will probably shift again, and Snyder will take his place. I know most people don't like Snyder, but the reality seems to be that the staff loves him. This being said, I'm definitely for drafting another lineman in the mid rounds. He won't play this year, barring injuries, but next year, if I'm not mistaken, both Iu and Snyder are free agents, right?

49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

i also think we need a center. even even we are planning to roll with kilgore as our starter

but borrows said this
Quote:
@mattbarrows 6h
They don't need to. Snyder, Looney also can play there. Maybe Netter, too ... @bruh831 so 49ers not drafting a C this year?

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yeah, never really envisioned us drafting a C, unless they didn't think Kilgore would cut it.. which I now assume they do.

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^ yeah, never really envisioned us drafting a C, unless they didn't think Kilgore would cut it.. which I now assume they do.

I don't think we'd draft a C specifically to challenge Kilgore. I think we might draft a lineman who can play all 3 interior spots. Iu and Snyder will be free agents after the season.

struby3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I don't think we'd draft a C specifically to challenge Kilgore. I think we might draft a lineman who can play all 3 interior spots. Iu and Snyder will be free agents after the season.

They must like Seymour since they used a 53 man roster spot on him late last season. He can play all three interior spots. So can Al Netter, although I doubt they are high on him, being as they have cut him about 30 times.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Looney has taken reps at Center. And Seymour, who we plucked from the Hawks PS, is probably being slated as the back-up Center. Most places list him as a OG but he played all over the place in college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: