Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D'Qwell Jackson cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Maybe not go after Jackson but bringing in some talent through the draft at any LB position if Mack isn't the pick would be nice.

I think we have plenty of young talent at the LB spot. Worrilow, Bartu, Dent, and Spoon are all still pretty young, and we could get younger with Mack. I want a vet to be brought in at the OLB spot no matter what. Would bring a vet presence to the unit, and we would have insurance for when Spoon goes out with another injury. James Anderson or Michael Boley would be nice.
You mean Worrilow, Bartu, Dent, and Weatherspoon.. Sean doesn't deserve a nickname anymore imho. You give nicknames to playmakers...More like Plastic Spoon, as fragile as he's been..

Last edited by terrell123 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Maybe not go after Jackson but bringing in some talent through the draft at any LB position if Mack isn't the pick would be nice.

I think we have plenty of young talent at the LB spot. Worrilow, Bartu, Dent, and Spoon are all still pretty young, and we could get younger with Mack. I want a vet to be brought in at the OLB spot no matter what. Would bring a vet presence to the unit, and we would have insurance for when Spoon goes out with another injury. James Anderson or Michael Boley would be nice.
You mean Worrilow, Bartu, Dent, and Weatherspoon.. Sean doesn't deserve a nickname anymore imho. You give nicknames to playmakers...More like Plastic Spoon, as fragile as he's been..

Smh. Then no one on our defense gets a nickname.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Haha of the things wrong with this team Spoon is not one of them. Fragile or not he has been great.

XBL GT: L JGOLD L Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
tech2186

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Haha of the things wrong with this team Spoon is not one of them. Fragile or not he has been great.

In order to be "great" you have to be on the field and be impactful. Weatherspoon has not done that. Until he can consistently stay on the field and play at a high level he has to be considered a disappointment thus far.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

In order to be "great" you have to be on the field and be impactful. Weatherspoon has not done that. Until he can consistently stay on the field and play at a high level he has to be considered a disappointment thus far.
Talk about black and white. I agree Spoon hasn't been great, due to the consistency and durability issues, but to say "he has to be considered a disappointment thus far" is taking it to the extreme. I wouldn't consider him a disappointment. Not with taking into account where he was selected, what he has done on the field, and considering before this past season he didn't miss THAT much time. But it's more about the way you say "he has to" like it's some sort of consensus, blatantly obvious viewpoint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Talk about black and white. I agree Spoon hasn't been great, due to the consistency and durability issues, but to say "he has to be considered a disappointment thus far" is taking it to the extreme. I wouldn't consider him a disappointment. Not with taking into account where he was selected, what he has done on the field, and considering before this past season he didn't miss THAT much time. But it's more about the way you say "he has to" like it's some sort of consensus, blatantly obvious viewpoint.

Ummm you basically agreed with what I said. The rest is semantics. So thanks? Rolling Eyes

Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Ummm you basically agreed with what I said. The rest is semantics. So thanks? Rolling Eyes
No he's not. He said it perfectly. You're making it out to be like Swoosh said, black and white. You can't automatically discount a players ability because he was injured. Spoon's outside of last year played in 40 of 48 games. Nothing crazy about that. Last year he suffered a serious injury can't discredit a player because of that. When on the field he is good, better than most at his position.

If we are gonna say a player isn't good because he can't stay on the field than I guess Julio Jones isn't "great" Laughing

XBL GT: L JGOLD L Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

You said Spoon has to be considered a disappointment thus far. I disagree. How is that basically agreeing with what you said? Laughing

I agreed that Spoon hasn't been "great." That's all. But just because he hasn't been great, it does't mean he hasn't been good, and it certainly doesn't mean he has been a disappointment. All IMO, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

You said Spoon has to be considered a disappointment thus far. I disagree. How is that basically agreeing with what you said? Laughing

I agreed that Spoon hasn't been "great." That's all. But just because he hasn't been great, it does't mean he hasn't been good, and it certainly doesn't mean he has been a disappointment. All IMO, of course.

Definition: Disappointment is the feeling of dissatisfaction that follows the failure of expectations or hopes to manifest...AKA Weatherspoon. He has the talent, but we've only seen one full year of it since he has been with the Falcons. How is this not disappointment? Especially from a 1st round draft pick? So I don't understand what you mean in reference to where he was selected.

Weatherspoon isn't even a top 3 LB in the NFC South right now.

BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Definition: Disappointment is the feeling of dissatisfaction that follows the failure of expectations or hopes to manifest...AKA Weatherspoon. He has the talent, but we've only seen one full year of it since he has been with the Falcons. How is this not disappointment? Especially from a 1st round draft pick? So I don't understand what you mean in reference to where he was selected.

That's not a fair statement in the slightest and you know it. We're talking about three out of the best five linebackers in football here. No one called Spoon a top-5 LB in the slightest.

Using skewered stats to knock your own team? That's a new one...

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
swoosh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Do you also think Julio is a disappointment?

You're really bringing out the big guns with that last sentence. That's like saying (Willis, Bowman, Smith) isn't even the best LB on his own team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="swoosh"]
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Julio is the best player at his position when he is on the field. You can't say the same for Weather spoon. Julio makes impactful game changing plays when he ison the field. Weather spoon has been lackluster when healthy recently.

As for my reference regarding his status as a top three lb in the NFC south, I am simply saying that players like Levonte David and Luke K should be looking up trying to be the next Weatherspoon instead of vice versa. Regardless of his "potential" Weatherspoon has not lived up to the impact player he was brought here to be. He should be a top 3 LB in the NFC south because he has that potential. I def won't be surprised if he is cut next off season if he has a year like 2013. Therefore, he has been a disappointment.

I know you fan boys have issues making objective assessments about your favorite Falcons but the truth is a lot harder to hear for a reason.

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tech2186"]
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Julio is the best player at his position when he is on the field. You can't say the same for Weather spoon. Julio makes impactful game changing plays when he ison the field. Weather spoon has been lackluster when healthy recently.

As for my reference regarding his status as a top three lb in the NFC south, I am simply saying that players like Levonte David and Luke K should be looking up trying to be the next Weatherspoon instead of vice versa. Regardless of his "potential" Weatherspoon has not lived up to the impact player he was brought here to be. He should be a top 3 LB in the NFC south because he has that potential. I def won't be surprised if he is cut next off season if he has a year like 2013. Therefore, he has been a disappointment.

I know you fan boys have issues making objective assessments about your favorite Falcons but the truth is a lot harder to hear for a reason.

DId the guy who just said Julio Jones (when healthy) is better than Calvin Johnson just try to lecture people about objective assessments? I sometimes wonder how much worse these posts can get...

Spoon is widely considered a top 6-7 4-3 OLB last year. What makes his situation different from Jones?
tech2186

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GSUeagles14"]
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

DId the guy who just said Julio Jones (when healthy) is better than Calvin Johnson just try to lecture people about objective assessments? I sometimes wonder how much worse these posts can get...

Spoon is widely considered a top 6-7 4-3 OLB last year. What makes his situation different from Jones?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, we've had discussions about your comprehension skills in the past.... I know it's hard but slow down and read first before responding. If you finally understand you will laugh at how ridiculous your post is.

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tech2186"]
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, we've had discussions about your comprehension skills in the past.... I know it's hard but slow down and read first before responding. If you finally understand you will laugh at how ridiculous you post is.

Classic deflection from a post we've all come to expect from you. Can you put on your big boy pants and reply to the post and keep it on subject?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: