Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

post combine mock (5 Rds)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: post combine mock (5 Rds) Reply with quote

Cuts/Retired/Let Walk

Tony Gonzalez
Asante Samuel
Stephen Nicholas
Garret Reynolds
Thomas Decoud
Johnathon Babineaux
Osi Umenyiora

Re-Sign

Corey Peters
Robert McClain
Mike Johnson

FA

Alex Mack C
Lamarr Houston DE/DT
Brandon Pettigrew TE

Draft

Rd 1. Jadeveon Clowney DE S.Carolina
Rd 2. Stephon Tuitt DT Notre Dame
Rd 3. Gabe Jackson G Mississippi St
Rd 4. Daniel McCullers NT Tennessee
Rd 5. Tre Boston FS N.Carolina

as u can see i didnt draft an OT believing with better C and RG play and more reps at RT, Holmes can atleast be given the chance to be our starter.

Tuitt/Peters/McCullers and sometimes Houston can play inside on the DL.

everyones thoughts?
Lentz33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure some wouldn't like it. But I would actually really like this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
I'm sure some wouldn't like it. But I would actually really like this.

its not "FLASHY" or anything but i think its a very good, solid offseason.

fills almost every need. and we can go BPA for rounds 6&7.

prolly sign a FA LB or to compete with Bartu and depth as well.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes at times, heck - the majority of the time, has been awful at both left and right tackle. What makes you think better interior play will make him better? Its very rare you see interior OL play mask poor blocking outside.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Holmes at times, heck - the majority of the time, has been awful at both left and right tackle. What makes you think better interior play will make him better? Its very rare you see interior OL play mask poor blocking outside.

it was his first year. u have to give him more time. we all knew he was raw coming out. we can atleast give him 1 more year.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

it was his first year. u have to give him more time. we all knew he was raw coming out. we can atleast give him 1 more year.

As a developmental guy, sure. Cant let him go in without competition though. Ryan will get absolutely destroyed. Mike Johnson could play RT, but then you are just handing the RG spot to Jackson.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

As a developmental guy, sure. Cant let him go in without competition though. Ryan will get absolutely destroyed. Mike Johnson could play RT, but then you are just handing the RG spot to Jackson.

so what exactly are u suggesting we do?
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

I understand what you said, and i dont mean to change topics with your draft, but we have to either address OL earlier in the draft or pick up another FA. Gabe Jackson is ok, but hes not really a guy you think of as an instant above average starter, although i think he will be at some point.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

I understand what you said, and i dont mean to change topics with your draft, but we have to either address OL earlier in the draft or pick up another FA. Gabe Jackson is ok, but hes not really a guy you think of as an instant above average starter, although i think he will be at some point.

in a perfect world we'd be able to upgrade the 4 weak parts of our line. but as of right now we are stuck with some of them and have to use them for atleast right now.

and if u think Gabe Jackson is just ok then to fix our OL we'd have to have 4-5 first round picks lol Jackson is a mauler and exactly what we need for our run game. only G that would be considered "elite" would be Robinson and im not willing to pass on Clowney for him.

and u know our F/O...we dont sign alot of FAs.

only other possibility i can really think of for this mock would be sign maybe a Willie Colon in FA and drafting a Richardson/Bitonio in the 2nd. and drafting Easley/Jones in the 3rd.

Johnson/Colon battle at RG
Richardson or Bitonio/Holmes battle at RT.

but thats alot of FAs and i dont see that happening.
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Clowney is going to fall to 6?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

in a perfect world we'd be able to upgrade the 4 weak parts of our line. but as of right now we are stuck with some of them and have to use them for atleast right now.

and if u think Gabe Jackson is just ok then to fix our OL we'd have to have 4-5 first round picks lol Jackson is a mauler and exactly what we need for our run game. only G that would be considered "elite" would be Robinson and im not willing to pass on Clowney for him.

only other possibility i can really think of for this mock would be sign maybe a Willie Colon in FA and drafting a Richardson/Bitonio in the 2nd. and drafting Easley/Jones in the 3rd.

We normally do sign a good amount of FA's. I really dont care baout the run game, I care about keeping our best chance of winning healthy and in position to produce the best results. What i said was Jackson see Jackson as just being ok in his early time in the league. Its a undeniable ?. Then youre hoping all these injuries and time off hasnt effected Johnson or Holmes develops, we saw what happened last year and justr doesnt seem like enough to fix things. Theres plenty of options. Richardson or Moses in the 2nd, Yankey in the 2nd maybe, Thomas or Cyril. Henderson in the 3rd-4thish.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

We normally do sign a good amount of FA's. I really dont care baout the run game, I care about keeping our best chance of winning healthy and in position to produce the best results. What i said was Jackson see Jackson as just being ok in his early time in the league. Its a undeniable ?. Then youre hoping all these injuries and time off hasnt effected Johnson or Holmes develops, we saw what happened last year and justr doesnt seem like enough to fix things. Theres plenty of options. Richardson or Moses in the 2nd, Yankey in the 2nd maybe, Thomas or Cyril. Henderson in the 3rd-4thish.

Henderson? the biggest raw project in this draft? lol or Cyril Richardson, the one that Donald abused at the senior bowl? lol both of them are bigger question marks than Holmes and Jackson. Yankey would be great in the 2nd. jus dont see him being there. and the guy im REALLY high on is Zack Martin. he would be IMO the 2nd best G in this draft behind Robinson but i dont see him being available in the 2nd either.

and what do u mean u dont care bout our run game? lol im done talkin to u now Think
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Henderson? the biggest raw project in this draft? lol or Cyril Richardson, the one that Donald abused at the senior bowl? lol both of them are bigger question marks than Holmes and Jackson. Yankey would be great in the 2nd. jus dont see him being there. and the guy im REALLY high on is Zack Martin. he would be IMO the 2nd best G in this draft behind Robinson but i dont see him being available in the 2nd either.

and what do u mean u dont care bout our run game? lol im done talkin to u now Think

I dont care about Donald "abusing" a guy for 10 reps across a couple days. I care that hes a good player. And isnt Henderson a lot like Holmes was except with a lot more natural talent and playing against elite competition. Holmes has prove to be pretty awful so far, how is he not a bigger question mark?

Latly, no I dont care about the run game. Its a passing league. In 2012, we had a 3.7 ypc and reached the nfc championship. In 2013 we had a 3. ypc and are picking 6th. We could protect tthe QB at least decently in 2012, we were pathetic in 2013. We haven't crossed 4.0 ypc in 4 years, we've been plenty successful.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

I dont care about Donald "abusing" a guy for 10 reps across a couple days. I care that hes a good player. And isnt Henderson a lot like Holmes was except with a lot more natural talent and playing against elite competition. Holmes has prove to be pretty awful so far, how is he not a bigger question mark?

Latly, no I dont care about the run game. Its a passing league. In 2012, we had a 3.7 ypc and reached the nfc championship. In 2013 we had a 3. ypc and are picking 6th. We could protect tthe QB at least decently in 2012, we were pathetic in 2013. We haven't crossed 4.0 ypc in 4 years, we've been plenty successful.

AGAIN Holmes only had 1 season to start. if thats the way u wanna do things then Roddy should of been gone after his first year lol u gotta get real on this. he deserves atleast 1 more year and if he doesnt pan out, then we can go into 2015 looking for a RT which shouldnt be too hard to find.

u are also forgetting that Mike Johnson was suppose to be our starter last year. so there will be competition at the RT spot with Holmes and Johnson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: