Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Real Life Free Agent Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on the DeCoud bandwagon for a while. I think he has a lot of upside, has played well in the past. Let's be honest, did ANYONE look good for ATL last year?

I wouldn't mind at all bringing in Joseph or Colledge. I think both are more of the capable veteran back-up at this point. But it adds experience along a VERY young and unproven line. At this point I'd assume either would be pretty cap friendly as I have heard NOTHING about them visiting anywhere. Being a Packer fan as well, I saw him develop early on, has a mean streak, something I think our O-line lacks.
valkrei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I've been on the DeCoud bandwagon for a while. I think he has a lot of upside, has played well in the past. Let's be honest, did ANYONE look good for ATL last year?

I wouldn't mind at all bringing in Joseph or Colledge. I think both are more of the capable veteran back-up at this point. But it adds experience along a VERY young and unproven line. At this point I'd assume either would be pretty cap friendly as I have heard NOTHING about them visiting anywhere. Being a Packer fan as well, I saw him develop early on, has a mean streak, something I think our O-line lacks.

TG always looks good. The guy is a Machine!

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val, very true...but imagine what the year would have looked like with just a little help for him! So OTHER than arguably the G.O.A.T. at his position, ATL didn't look too hot this year.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Wilson got the slice, providing he checks out physically, any chance he would "piece" in our puzzle??

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Adrian Wilson got the slice, providing he checks out physically, any chance he would "piece" in our puzzle??

Nah. He will be going to the Atlanta Chief-riots anyways. Pioli will surely scoop him up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Wilson was awesome at one time. If he checks out, and hasn't lost it, he could be an answer for our in the box safety. That is of course if we want to play Berry back more.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Adrian Wilson was awesome at one time. If he checks out, and hasn't lost it, he could be an answer for our in the box safety. That is of course if we want to play Berry back more.

Wilson would struggle for us even in that role. He wasn't fast in his prime, and is even less so now. Berry does play an in the box role, but his is different from some in that that role involves a lot of man coverage on TEs, RBs, and sometimes slot receivers. Wilson could maybe be effective in a Chancellor role, an in the box zone heavy kind of thing, but that's not what we do. Wilson would struggle greatly against the more athletic players that we expect that position to handle.

And, on a more obvious note, the guy didn't even play a single game last year.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Wilson would struggle for us even in that role. He wasn't fast in his prime, and is even less so now. Berry does play an in the box role, but his is different from some in that that role involves a lot of man coverage on TEs, RBs, and sometimes slot receivers. Wilson could maybe be effective in a Chancellor role, an in the box zone heavy kind of thing, but that's not what we do. Wilson would struggle greatly against the more athletic players that we expect that position to handle.

And, on a more obvious note, the guy didn't even play a single game last year.

I didn't think he played last season, but didn't want to throw out thoughts. He's probably not any help to us, even though I loved the guy at Arizona.

^ryknowssd on the sig
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Val, very true...but imagine what the year would have looked like with just a little help for him! So OTHER than arguably the G.O.A.T. at his position, ATL didn't look too hot this year.

Yea I know what you mean though,

It doesnt mean they are a roster of bad players, sometimes things just do not go your way and obviously to many variables to be considered. I do agree that one bad year such as this for a team as whole doesnt mean you can't find some gems if you want to do some Minecrafting.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas DeCoud is off of the market - signed by the Panthers.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point in time I find it hard to believe the Chiefs will sign anyone BEFORE the draft. The remaining players go on one-year vet min contracts (or close to it) every now and then - so if they really want someone it's probably not too difficult to convince him to come to KC.

That said: I'm pretty sure we'll see some (very) limited activity AFTER the draft when veteran releases kick in and the team has more clarity about potential extensions (Smith) and the draft outcome.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
At this point in time I find it hard to believe the Chiefs will sign anyone BEFORE the draft. The remaining players go on one-year vet min contracts (or close to it) every now and then - so if they really want someone it's probably not too difficult to convince him to come to KC.

That said: I'm pretty sure we'll see some (very) limited activity AFTER the draft when veteran releases kick in and the team has more clarity about potential extensions (Smith) and the draft outcome.

Maybe there are still some health questions surrounding players like Danieal Manning, Daryn Colledge, and Davin Joseph but I really don't see the benefit of waiting until after the draft. IMO it limits some of the flexibility of having veterans already signed. I highly doubt these players are going to be demanding substantial gauranteed money on multi-year deals, so if we are going to lok for one year deals, get them into the program now. If you draft or end up with someone already on the roster that outperforms them, then you release them. We aren't talking about a substantial financial committment for some roster flexibility. After the draft is when other teams will be looking to fill out their rosters as well. I would prefer adding some relatively low financial impact free agents now, go into the draft with some roster flexibility, then post-draft look for free agent bargains and undrafted rookies for camp fodder.

On the flip side, maybe these veterans are looking to wait until offseason workouts begin in the event an injury or multiple injuries around the league puts them in more demand.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, Daniel Manning already signed with the Bengals. Sorry to burst your bubble.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Morkim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Nic, Daniel Manning already signed with the Bengals. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yeah, he signed really quick.

My first thought was I felt bad for Nic.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morkim wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Yeah, he signed really quick.

My first thought was I felt bad for Nic.

I guess my brain blocked that out! LOL

I didn't realize he signed with them. My point about not waiting until after the draft to grab a couple of low cost free agents still stands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49

Jump to: