Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Real Life Free Agent Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF they do end up signing him this will just prove that Dorsey will go BPA in the draft. He is setting this team up so perfectly with nice small free agent additions and building the core from draft picks. Its hard to judge him based off of last years selections obviously as basically every pick was injured at some point. But the potential in all the players is there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/01/raiders-release-displaced-guard-mike-brisiel/

Could be a stop gap
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcpre wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/01/raiders-release-displaced-guard-mike-brisiel/

Could be a stop gap

Brisiel has experience as a zone blocking RG. Could be a solid stop-gap to give Rishaw Johnson more time to develop and give us a veteran presence on a very young offensive line.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcpre wrote:

Could be a stop gap

I'd like it. Never going to be a great G, but never has been a bad one. Allowed like one sack the past two years or so. Way better than Linkenbach.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Quote:
Free agent S Danieal Manning will visit the Chiefs on Thursday.
That's if he escapes his Wednesday visit with the Bengals without a contract. The Chiefs are in the market for a safety next to Eric Berry after letting Kendrick Lewis walk in free agency to the Texans. Manning will turn 31 in August.

Catching up on the thread and noticed I missed this.

It's funny, my initial reaction was it's a good signing, but at this point, he's pretty limited athletically (was incredibly fast in his early years, split time with Hester returning kicks, but his speed has dropped a bit.)

Then I thought about it some more, and realized that he'd still be a better athlete than Lewis Laughing

I know it isn't the best source, but if you don't believe me, the difference between Manning's and Lewis's 40 time coming out of college was .27. That's about the same gap as the gap between Kendrick Lewis and Dontari Poe's 40 times.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope Manning comes in today, and doesn't leave without a SIGNED contract.

We missed out on Fox, signed with Miami, nothing like taking our starter then signing the guy we wanted as a back-up. Oh well, that's the name of the game.

I think signing Manning, much like had we signed Sanders or Jackson is all about giving us the most flexibility in the draft. I don't know that ANY signing we've made this off-season has knocked a position off our draft list with 23, but signing guys like Walker/Mays and targeting guys like Manning, Fox, Sanders really would open us up if/when we sign them.

At this point, the only position that would really shock me with 23 is RB. And yes, that means I wouldn't be stunned if a QB fell to us at 23 if we considered it in terms of BPA (Think Favre/Rodgers and yes I know we have bigger needs).
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Chiefs-Live-Overdrive-Justin-Houston/c13376aa-e623-40a3-b162-68e88a465960

This Justin Houston video makes me wonder why he hasn't already been signed long term. *drool*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: DANIEL MANNING

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000339200/article/danieal-manning-finalizing-deal-with-bengals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since our FO seems To look on this board for targets.

Steve Gregory and DeCoud (no versatility) are still out there.

Both were cut so wouldn't mess with comp picks, something our FO seems to be watching.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at some of the FA'S still available I can't believe we're going to sit tight until the draft. Just looking at the guys that were cut by their former teams there's alot of talent left.

OG Davin Joseph
OG Daryn Colledge
WR Miles Austin (injuries, but worth a shot)
OT David Stewart (not a scheme fit and old, but has experience something we lack at OT)
S Steve Gregory
S Thomas DeCoud (not that big of a fan as he's not that versatile)

Pick up Joseph, Stewart, and Gregory and you have alot of options in the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far as I'm concerned anyone else at the position left is just roster filler. Rather see commings play
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Far as I'm concerned anyone else at the position left is just roster filler. Rather see commings play

A versatile veteran would be a huge addition. Even if he doesn't play much, having that veteran able to come in for injuries would be great.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:

A versatile veteran would be a huge addition. Even if he doesn't play much, having that veteran able to come in for injuries would be great.

Steven Gregory in my opinion is the exact opposite of versatile. Who was that clown we had 3-4 years ago who couldn't tackle? Mike Brown or something? Reminds me of him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if we want a versatile, quality safety, they're all gone.

You get DeCoud, who was good but is coming off a very bad year, or Gregory, who has never really been a good player in the first place, but isn't terrible.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Yeah, if we want a versatile, quality safety, they're all gone.

You get DeCoud, who was good but is coming off a very bad year, or Gregory, who has never really been a good player in the first place, but isn't terrible.

DeCoud is someone who I think could be our veteran back-up depth, which we do need IMO. Keep in mind how bad his pass rush was in Atlanta, and didn't they have two rookie CB's? I'm not saying he's a starter, but he'd be invaluable if someone goes down, especially with as much 3 safety we play.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 47 of 49

Jump to: