Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derek Carr is our guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I dont think Hoyer gets that much love either

Grossi seems to be head over heels for him
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JM95 wrote:
Yeah, Hoyer gets too much love, but I would rather start Hoyer, Schaub or Grossman and lose some games than rushing and ruining a young QB. Because lets be brutally honest, we are not going to the playoffs this season, we have a completley new offense bar Cameron, Thomas, Schwartz and Gordon; we have a more zone oriented blocking scheme, and will probably have a new RB and new WR's starting. Let the rest of the offense find its feet with a QB who can provide solid play and who knows the scheme.

Obviously if we magically manage to get Teddy I think he is the only QB who will be able to start from day 1 and be successful realistically, but if we get 1 of Bortles, Carr, Garroppolo or a later guy like Murray then they would definatley benefit from sitting for even as little as half a season.

See to me there is no excuse. There have been plenty of stories of a team completely flipping from one season to another.

I dont want to go into the season thinking we are not going to the playoffs or not having a chance.

If the Browns get a QB, doesnt matter if they are a rookie or a Vet. If that QB plays at a 78 or higher QB Rating the Browns will be a threat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I dont think Hoyer gets that much love either hes a decent player that most want to remember the bad, but not the good. He should be used as a bridge to a rookie

Any thought of Hoyer starting is way too much love. He has been a journeyman his entire career. At best he is a backup.

If Hoyer is your starter next season we are picking top 4 again with another 4-12 record.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:
I dont think Hoyer gets that much love either hes a decent player that most want to remember the bad, but not the good. He should be used as a bridge to a rookie

Any thought of Hoyer starting is way too much love. He has been a journeyman his entire career. At best he is a backup.

If Hoyer is your starter next season we are picking top 4 again with another 4-12 record.

Not so sure about 4-12...more like 8-8 +/-, methinks, if he lasts a whole season.

More importantly, anyone who thinks that any QB we draft will start, barring injury(-ies) -- best get his/her HOOYA.

Bridgewater is not NFL-ready, nor will he ever be anything other than NFL mediocre, if he lasts long enough to matter for anyone who picks him.

And we most likely will not be picking him or any other of the "big 3" QBs at #4, or even lower if we trade down. Woof!

Last edited by bruceb on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:

Not so sure about 4-12...more like 8-8 +/-, methinks, if he lasts a whole season.

More importantly, anyone who thinks that any QB we draft will start, barring injury(-ies) -- best get his/her HOOYA.

Bridgewater is not NFL-ready, nor will he ever be anything other than NFL mediocre, if he lasts long enough to matter.

There is no way we go 8-8 with Hoyer. All DCs have to do is take away the short passes (9-10 in the box) and dare him to beat you over the top. He cannot do it.

Like I said any QB drafted in the first 3 rounds will be better than Hoyer.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce explain to me why ur convinced that teddy has no shot. Other than ur usual crystal ball

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bruceb wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:

Bridgewater is not NFL-ready, nor will he ever be anything other than NFL mediocre, if he lasts long enough to matter.

There is no way we go 8-8 with Hoyer. All DCs have to do is take away the short passes (9-10 in the box) and dare him to beat you over the top. He cannot do it.

Like I said any QB drafted in the first 3 rounds will be better than Hoyer.

Ooh, this has the tantalizing makings of a wager - with conditions, of course - if Hoyer is the starter! Smile
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Bruce explain to me why ur convinced that teddy has no shot. Other than ur usual crystal ball

Not "no shot", just no better than MOR, if he lasts or stays.

Thin body (vertical), commitment (or lack thereof), toughness and leadership ability.

He strikes me as a guy who is an injury waiting to happen who would have been better off in track than in the NFL.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Not "no shot", just no better than MOR, if he lasts or stays.

Thin body (vertical), commitment (or lack thereof), toughness and leadership ability.

He strikes me as a guy who is an injury waiting to happen who would have been better off in track than in the NFL.

Where the Hell do you get he has commitment Issues......

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with his figure, tho if u look at him now compared to a few months ago, he actually looks noticeably bigger

Commitment??

I don't get how someone can question leadership either.

He hasn't shown any negatives as far ss character goes so this is grasping imo.

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I can agree with his figure, tho if u look at him now compared to a few months ago, he actually looks noticeably bigger

Commitment??

I don't get how someone can question leadership either.

He hasn't shown any negatives as far ss character goes so this is grasping imo.

Not grasping. Looking at his face, judging his demeanor and his actions. I think that like Weeden, he wants' a guaranteed contract more than he wants to be known as one of the greatest of all time in the NFL.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.......

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know how to respond to that

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I don't even know how to respond to that

all I can say is hey nug wanna grab a brew I'm buyin

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: