Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA news and rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fansided.com/2014/03/23/nfl-rumors-travelle-wharton-interested-miami-dolphins/#!A36yp

Word is that Travelle Wharton expressed interest in playing for Miami and we told him we were interested but not before we run out of younger options. I'm thinking we have hit that point. lol

I'd love to bring him to Miami. He could solidify a spot for a couple of years and let us draft only 2 O-lineman this year instead of three.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to think off the top of my head who is a FA after the 2014 season.

Odrick, Delmas, Clay? All I can think of.. Odrick could be pricey but and if Clay has another year of improved production he might be as well.

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
skatewood2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
http://fansided.com/2014/03/23/nfl-rumors-travelle-wharton-interested-miami-dolphins/#!A36yp

Word is that Travelle Wharton expressed interest in playing for Miami and we told him we were interested but not before we run out of younger options. I'm thinking we have hit that point. lol

I'd love to bring him to Miami. He could solidify a spot for a couple of years and let us draft only 2 O-lineman this year instead of three.

At this point, I am all for bringing any any O-Linemen who fit the ZBS mold. Let's get as many bodies in the door and see who actually fits. But I still want to get a couple more O-Linemen in the draft as well.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a probability that DeSean Jackson will be released by the Eagles. Any interest?

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 14, Tackles 17 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 14 : Death 45 Joe 37
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
There is a probability that DeSean Jackson will be released by the Eagles. Any interest?

We are gonna have some core players whose contracts will be expiring next season. I think we should carry as much money into next year's cap as possible.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

We are gonna have some core players whose contracts will be expiring next season. I think we should carry as much money into next year's cap as possible.

I'm almost positive that we'll cut Mike Wallace after this year as well. If I remember correctly all the guaranteed money is done after this year so if we cut him there's no more penalty. And look for us to take that money and use it on the FA WR class next year...anyone seen that thing? It's beastly. http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/2015/wide-receiver/available/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

I'm almost positive that we'll cut Mike Wallace after this year as well. If I remember correctly all the guaranteed money is done after this year so if we cut him there's no more penalty. And look for us to take that money and use it on the FA WR class next year...anyone seen that thing? It's beastly. http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/2015/wide-receiver/available/

2016 is when you save a lot in terms of cap numbers if you cut Mike Wallace

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 14, Tackles 17 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 14 : Death 45 Joe 37
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

I agree I think Wallace will get his walking papers at the end of the season, I would not be surprised to see us get a WR higher in the draft should one come to a spot where we can snag one.

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
orangetiktac wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

I agree I think Wallace will get his walking papers at the end of the season, I would not be surprised to see us get a WR higher in the draft should one come to a spot where we can snag one.

Cutting Wallace after next season would only save us 2.5M because there would be 9.6M in dead money. We could possibly save some more if we do a June 1st exception, but he would have to be pretty bad next year to justify cutting him to save 2.5M.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Miami is in play for MJD still according to Manish Meta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Looks like Miami is in play for MJD still according to Manish Meta

Posting it now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/24/jets-patriots-dolphins-steelers-in-play-for-maurice-jones-drew/

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-maurice-jonesdrew-remains-an-option-for-dolphins-20140324,0,1868077.story

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we cut Wallace after this season to save $2.5mil? Confused

Here are our most expensive FA after the 2014 season, assuming there are no contract extensions:

C Mike Pouncey
DT Jared Odrick
TE Charles Clay

Das it mane. Other contributors include
S Louis Delmas
CB Jimmy Wilson
QB Matt Moore
DE Derrick Shelby
RB Daniel Thomas
LB Jason Trusnik

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
ChosenOne3188

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

Here are our most expensive FA after the 2014 season, assuming there are no contract extensions:

C Mike Pouncey
DT Jared Odrick
TE Charles Clay

S Louis Delmas
CB Jimmy Wilson
QB Matt Moore
DE Derrick Shelby
RB Daniel Thomas
LB Jason Trusnik

I can see us only keeping Pouncey out of that group, maybe even Odrick. But, I wouldn't be surprised if we didnt keep anyone.

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

C Mike Pouncey
DT Jared Odrick
TE Charles Clay

S Louis Delmas
CB Jimmy Wilson
QB Matt Moore
DE Derrick Shelby
RB Daniel Thomas
LB Jason Trusnik

Pouncey will get an extra year added to his contract for cheap in May. So take him off the list. That means Odrick and Clay and possibly Delmas are the only ones that we would really want or need to resign as starters. That's a massive difference from this past year when we had Soliai, Starks, Clemons, Grimes, Incognito, Jerry, Clabo, Martin, and Carroll to replace.

Our cap situation for next year currently stands at about 131M with no new signings and no cuts once we add in about 1.5M for Pouncey's extra year. I think the cap for next year is expected to be about 10M more than this year, which will put us at about 12M under the cap going into the offseason. Of course we still have rookies this year to sign and next, plus we will probably still sign 2 or 3 more players this year.

We currently have 19M in cap left over this year. Let's assume we sign a RB on a multi year deal and one other OL on a one year deal, plus our rookies. On the high side, let's say that costs us $10M in cap. So we would carry forward 9M in cap space to next year. That will probably be enough to pay for the extra contracts of our rookies this year and next, which will leave us with roughly $9-10M in cap space next year to resign players and or bring in new Free Agents. (After assuming 2-3M more for the RB contract in next year)

That's not a lot. Really it's only enough to resign who we want. So any new players in free agency next year will have to come from cutting somebody. These are the possible cuts and the savings...

Wallace - 2.5 (Not gonna happen)
Ellerbe - 5.6 (Make or break year for him)
Wake - 6.9 (Could always restructure)
Wheeler - 200K (This is depressing)
Finnegan - 5.5 (He really needs to ball this year to stick around)
Gibson - 3.3 (Is he over his injuries)
Shelley Smith - 2.75 (Can he grab a starting spot)
Garner - 1.6 (Let's see how he does this year)

Also, remember that we could still end up cutting a player or two during the preseason in order to carry forward extra cap space and or minimize the cap hit next year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any rumors out there about Chris Clemons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

Jump to: