Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA news and rumors
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: FA news and rumors Reply with quote

I didn't see a thread dedicated for this, so I thought that I would post one.

The phins seem to be zeroed in on Albert and Monroe for LT. Both will require huge contracts. The rumor last year is Albert wanted 10 mil a season for 3 years. Monroe wanted 11 to 12 mil a season for 4 to 5 years. Now neither player got the contract they wanted, and are free agents. Here is the plus minus I see.

Albert--His biggest weakness is age, however that might be a blessing in disguise. If he accepts a 2 year contract, it will make it easier to move on if he is unable to continue his current level of play. His injury history is what really bothers me, and even with Albert, I would still like the phins to draft a LT.

Monroe--Living in Jacksonville, I know allot about Monroe. It scares the H--- out of me to think that he might come to Miami. Even though he is young, he is demanding a top 10 contract, even though he has yet to play to that level. He also wants a long term deal, which could hand-cuff the phins going forward if it doesn't work out. Now let me fill you in on how Monroe was discribed in Jacksonville..Lazy.. Unmotivated..Entitled..Big Ego. Monroe was known to come to camp overweight. He got up to 350 at one point. Even with his starting job on the line, he didn't seem motivated to improve to keep it. Once the Jags drafted Joeckel, Monroe refunsed to move to RT. The jags basically gave Monroe to the Ravens, as Monroe should have been worth at least a second and a fourth. Think about it, how many starting left tackles get traded for that cheaply.

On another note, Soliai is as good as gone. Rumors are his agent got some big money offers from other teams that run the 3-4, as this draft isnt really stocked with 3-4 tackles, and several teams have needs in that area. Big Paul has been discribed as the best in FA, and may get a 8 to 9 mil a year deal. I don't think that the phins will match that type of offer.

The rumor on Grimes is that the money side of the contract is pretty much agreed upon, the only hang up is the number of years in the deal. The phins are wanting a 2 year deal, Grimes wants 4.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the increase in Salary Cap and the Dolphin roll over I can see them signing one of them.

As Far as Soliai.....With Livnal Joseph (originally from Florida) available and about 5 year younger I would look there and move on from Soliai.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be something if we ended up bringing Starks back instead of Soliai? Louis Nix will probably be available at 19 and is the prototype NT. Would be a big upgrade over Soliai. But do we really want to have to draft a non-elite DT in round 1? Don't get me wrong, Nix is a beast, but he is not Wilfork or Ngata.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard Miami has serious interest in Zane Beadles LG from Denver if he should hit FA. Also heard Miami is not set on resigning Clemons and would like to find a better coverage safety to upgrade. Maybe they can go after Thomas Decoud since he was just released?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard that we are not going to resign anyone because Dolphins management prefers the team leaders to be rookies.

Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 15, Tackles 20 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 15 : Death 45 Joe 45
bigmark76

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I have heard Miami has serious interest in Zane Beadles LG from Denver if he should hit FA. Also heard Miami is not set on resigning Clemons and would like to find a better coverage safety to upgrade. Maybe they can go after Thomas Decoud since he was just released?

I'd like it build the inside first as I think McKinney (cheap)/ Clabo could hold their respective spots for another year if needed, although this is definitely not ideal. But as far as Decoud goes, I've heard he got burned quite a bit this year. although I'm just going on what my cousin has told me about him (falcons fan) as I haven't watched many falcon games this year.
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."- George Carlin
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigmark76 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

I'd like it build the inside first as I think McKinney (cheap)/ Clabo could hold their respective spots for another year if needed, although this is definitely not ideal. But as far as Decoud goes, I've heard he got burned quite a bit this year. although I'm just going on what my cousin has told me about him (falcons fan) as I haven't watched many falcon games this year.

I agree with building from the inside, especially since I think the 2 big OT's are going to get way overpaid given their attitudes (Monroe) or their injury history (Albert) I would be fine with bringing McKinnie and Clabo back for cheap and drafting a couple of rookies at OT to compete. Then signing Beadles and Schwartz for instance to make our interior O line dominant!

As for Decoud, I don't know? He had a fantastic year in 2012. He seems to me like the kind of guy that Coyle could use to resurrect his career. He has done it multiple times before with safeties like him. If we could get him for cheap, then why not.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
bigmark76 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

I agree with building from the inside, especially since I think the 2 big OT's are going to get way overpaid given their attitudes (Monroe) or their injury history (Albert) I would be fine with bringing McKinnie and Clabo back for cheap and drafting a couple of rookies at OT to compete. Then signing Beadles and Schwartz for instance to make our interior O line dominant!

As for Decoud, I don't know? He had a fantastic year in 2012. He seems to me like the kind of guy that Coyle could use to resurrect his career. He has done it multiple times before with safeties like him. If we could get him for cheap, then why not.

I'm with you on those two, there's just something about them I don't like, outside of what you've already pointed out. I don't know too much about Schwartz, is he a high character guy? If Decoud comes cheaply than sure, I'd just want a back-up plan just incase if he doesn't play well.

Also one thing I want to bring in some funny guys to keep the locker room loose, kind of like what the Seahawks had in Mike Robinson (FB). I know if I don't have a little fun while I work, my work suffers. I'd imagine it would do the locker room well as it eases the tension especially after the way the media loved to paint it as a biggoted locker room.
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."- George Carlin
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigmark76 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
bigmark76 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

I'm with you on those two, there's just something about them I don't like, outside of what you've already pointed out. I don't know too much about Schwartz, is he a high character guy? If Decoud comes cheaply than sure, I'd just want a back-up plan just incase if he doesn't play well.

Also one thing I want to bring in some funny guys to keep the locker room loose, kind of like what the Seahawks had in Mike Robinson (FB). I know if I don't have a little fun while I work, my work suffers. I'd imagine it would do the locker room well as it eases the tension especially after the way the media loved to paint it as a biggoted locker room.

I would be shocked if KC let Schwartz go, I think it is more likely Asamoah hits the market.

I actually like Collins as a tackle and should be a little cheaper then Monroe or Albert as well as younger.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: FA news and rumors Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
I didn't see a thread dedicated for this, so I thought that I would post one.

The phins seem to be zeroed in on Albert and Monroe for LT. Both will require huge contracts. The rumor last year is Albert wanted 10 mil a season for 3 years. Monroe wanted 11 to 12 mil a season for 4 to 5 years. Now neither player got the contract they wanted, and are free agents. Here is the plus minus I see.

Albert--His biggest weakness is age, however that might be a blessing in disguise. If he accepts a 2 year contract, it will make it easier to move on if he is unable to continue his current level of play. His injury history is what really bothers me, and even with Albert, I would still like the phins to draft a LT.

Monroe--Living in Jacksonville, I know allot about Monroe. It scares the H--- out of me to think that he might come to Miami. Even though he is young, he is demanding a top 10 contract, even though he has yet to play to that level. He also wants a long term deal, which could hand-cuff the phins going forward if it doesn't work out. Now let me fill you in on how Monroe was discribed in Jacksonville..Lazy.. Unmotivated..Entitled..Big Ego. Monroe was known to come to camp overweight. He got up to 350 at one point. Even with his starting job on the line, he didn't seem motivated to improve to keep it. Once the Jags drafted Joeckel, Monroe refunsed to move to RT. The jags basically gave Monroe to the Ravens, as Monroe should have been worth at least a second and a fourth. Think about it, how many starting left tackles get traded for that cheaply.

On another note, Soliai is as good as gone. Rumors are his agent got some big money offers from other teams that run the 3-4, as this draft isnt really stocked with 3-4 tackles, and several teams have needs in that area. Big Paul has been discribed as the best in FA, and may get a 8 to 9 mil a year deal. I don't think that the phins will match that type of offer.

The rumor on Grimes is that the money side of the contract is pretty much agreed upon, the only hang up is the number of years in the deal. The phins are wanting a 2 year deal, Grimes wants 4.

Didn't Monroe lose the extra weight? I lived in Jax from 2010-2012 and I remember them making a huge deal about him being all cut up after losing the weight. He never struck me as a top guy, but he's every bit as good as Albert and he's younger. He grades out very well on PFF every year. While that isn't the end all be all, it's something that we lack at least. He also doesn't have the injury history that Albert has.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bigmark76 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
bigmark76 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

I would be shocked if KC let Schwartz go, I think it is more likely Asamoah hits the market.

I actually like Collins as a tackle and should be a little cheaper then Monroe or Albert as well as younger.

KC Will keep Schwartz. It is a cheaper option and he has come on strong. It is also easier finding a RG than any other position on the line.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Decoud would be a great get but apparently he was terrible last year. Ouch. Hopefully we have a plan. Nick Collins? I'd be okay with it if we planned on drafting a young guy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Qwell Jackson just got cut. I'm not sure how much of a fit he'd be. And our LB situation is crazy because of all the money involved. Just pointing it out. I want to give Ellerbe another chance, but Wheeler is just...ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, im beginning to feel quite positive about what we can do in FA. The amount of good safeties and ILBs hitting the market keeps going up. I'd like a low cost vet (3-5mil per) at each position after resigning grimes and soliai

then go after a OG,resign mckinney and clabo for a year and draft ourselves some linemen 3 out of the first five rounds
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugene Monroe is entering the prime of his career and has gotten better each year and is in extremely great shape. He is lean and cut and fitness is big for him now. I prefer him over Albert but still like Albert as well.

I am happy to hear we don't have much interest in Clemons finding a replacement is the tricky part. I think the best pure man cover safety in the draft is Jimmie Ward his coverage skills are special if we are looking for more of a cover safety. Thomas Decoud is terrible

I might cry if we lose Soliai and don't replace him with a physical run stuffer. Joseph would be good as would Red Bryant who seattle has to release. Bryant is big time against the run.

The other rumor is Miami likes Zack Martin as a RT for us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: