Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Falcons to release FS Thomas DeCoud
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Report: Falcons to release FS Thomas DeCoud Reply with quote

Quote:
A league source tells Yahoo's Rand Getlin that Falcons FS Thomas DeCoud will be released by the fourth day of the new league year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/283779/report-falcons-to-release-fs-thomas-decoud
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/438507822721282049

I first saw this in the NFL News forum, and realized that it still hadn't been posted here in the Atlanta forum so I took the liberty of creating the thread for us to discuss this.

This is what I had wrote in that thread in the NFL News Forum..:
"Hmmm. Yes, last year he was awful for us. But the year prior, IIRC he was a pro-bowler for us? Even during that season, most of us (Falcons fans) thought that his numbers were a bit inflated and his season was "overrated" because of our team success that year. I think I'm just a bit surprised that we are going to be cutting ties completely with him.. I guess figuring out a way to make his contract a bit more team friendly would have been out of the question."

So pretty much what I was trying to say is that even after what looked to most of us as an awful season last year for DeCoud.. I was kind of surprised that we plan on cutting ties with him so soon. We must have no faith in him turning it back around, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goin to be 29. cant tackle very well. i have no problem with this.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
Agreed. 2012 was really his only good year for us, and he was just plain horrible last year. I'll miss his personality though, funny guy for sure, but he seemed to have lost his ability to tackle or make any positive plays for us. Simply not worth the money. I am very intrigued what direction the team is looking to go with FS now

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
Agreed. 2012 was really his only good year for us, and he was just plain horrible last year. I'll miss his personality though, funny guy for sure, but he seemed to have lost his ability to tackle or make any positive plays for us. Simply not worth the money. I am very intrigued what direction the team is looking to go with FS now

i believe we are gonna turn to the draft to fill his spot. i only see 2 real options (Delmas and Jenkins) and idk if either one are gonna be a HUGE upgrade.

would love to grab Dix in the draft but i doubt thats gonna be an option unless we miss out on Clowney/Mack and trade back to 15-20 range.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

i believe we are gonna turn to the draft to fill his spot. i only see 2 real options (Delmas and Jenkins) and idk if either one are gonna be a HUGE upgrade.

would love to grab Dix in the draft but i doubt thats gonna be an option unless we miss out on Clowney/Mack and trade back to 15-20 range.

Thoughts on drafting Joyner in the 2nd or 3rd and moving him to FS? ( I would only like this if we traded back in the first to gain extra picks)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

Thoughts on drafting Joyner in the 2nd or 3rd and moving him to FS? ( I would only like this if we traded back in the first to gain extra picks)

Joyner would be great in the 2nd but idk if hes gonna be there. i think hes gonna be gone by our pick.

only bad i see in him tho is his size. but hes so quick in his change of direction that he makes up for it.

but im still huge on Tre Boston bein a UNC fan. i jus love his attitude and ball skills being a former CB. alot of options this year.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

Joyner would be great in the 2nd but idk if hes gonna be there. i think hes gonna be gone by our pick.

only bad i see in him tho is his size. but hes so quick in his change of direction that he makes up for it.

but im still huge on Tre Boston bein a UNC fan. i jus love his attitude and ball skills being a former CB. alot of options this year.

Yeah, we could probably get Boston in the 4th-5th

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delmas, welcome to the Falcons.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:

Not sure how I feel about this.. Delmas is injury prone but I guess anything is better than DeCoud..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

Not sure how I feel about this.. Delmas is injury prone but I guess anything is better than DeCoud..
Don't get why we need to sign someone to replace him. Just draft someone or sign a cheap FA to plug the hole until something better comes around.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

Would rather take Pryor myself.. But its not gonna matter until we fix the Dline.
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

Would rather take Pryor myself.. But its not gonna matter until we fix the Dline.

Dix is more of the cover safety that we need. Pryor seems to be more of the in the box safety that we have already in Moore. but either would be nice
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I feel about this. Would've liked to see if last year was just a down year for him or if he's realky dripped off. We''re gonna be starting a lot of rookies or a lot of fa's...
rednblackblood1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Jairus Byrd be too pricey of an option to considet?
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rednblackblood1 wrote:
Would Jairus Byrd be too pricey of an option to considet?

no....but i jus see others outbidding us. and thats if he doesnt get tagged by the Bills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: