Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NYJ Post-Combine Draft...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I'm looking past his last year stats bc the whole Dallas defense horrific and they switched to a 4-3 where he was a DE rather than a 3-4 OLB. He was arguably the best pass rusher in the league previous to the last 2 seasons and he is still 30 (31 by week 1) If cut and if healthy I think he easily gets 10+ sacks with the Jets with our DLine and Rex.

Just because he can get 10 sacks doesn't mean he is good for the team. I'd rather get a guy who can grow with the team and be a 7/8 sack guy (on a smaller contract) than Ware.

Agreed. I'd take Jason Worilds over Ware for this team.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ya ideally we want a 22yr old OLB that can give us 8+ sacks but there is not one guy we "know" can do that. Orakpo is the best option, but I'd imagine he will cost more and could get franchise tagged anyway.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I'm looking past his last year stats bc the whole Dallas defense horrific and they switched to a 4-3 where he was a DE rather than a 3-4 OLB. He was arguably the best pass rusher in the league previous to the last 2 seasons and he is still 30 (31 by week 1) If cut and if healthy I think he easily gets 10+ sacks with the Jets with our DLine and Rex.

Just because he can get 10 sacks doesn't mean he is good for the team. I'd rather get a guy who can grow with the team and be a 7/8 sack guy (on a smaller contract) than Ware.

I would to but the last info that came out it looks like the Steelers would rather cut Woodly in order to keep Worilds.
moham-17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love everything except for Kyle Fuller in the 3rd, and that's just because I don't want any Hokies on this team Wink
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

I would to but the last info that came out it looks like the Steelers would rather cut Woodly in order to keep Worilds.

And people are questioning the Worilds signing in FFMD. Laughing

N E W Y O R K J E T S
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Mainly me, and I haven't changed my stance on him.

I never trust guys who seem to finally "turn it on" right b4 they hit free agency

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
skrILL wrote:
rampantjet wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Mainly me, and I haven't changed my stance on him.

I never trust guys who seem to finally "turn it on" right b4 they hit free agency

I would normally agree with that, but with him it was more about getting ample snaps to do his thing. He has been buried behind some really good OLBers in Pitt for a while. It's not like he was starting this whole time and JUST started playing well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: