Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NYJ Post-Combine Draft...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werds35

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a big fan of Max Bullough. I prefer James Morris from Iowa.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very satisfied with this draft.

I'm not sold on Sanders as a player and wouldn't want to sign him to a big or long term contract.

Ware on the other hand could bounce back and have a big year. It's just that he would probably want something like $15 m a year for at least three years. I don't think we will invest that much into a 32 year old coming off a down year
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:

I'm not sold on Sanders as a player and wouldn't want to sign him to a big or long term contract.

Ware on the other hand could bounce back and have a big year. It's just that he would probably want something like $15 m a year for at least three years. I don't think we will invest that much into a 32 year old coming off a down year

I really don't think he will get nearly that much money. You don't get that deal coming odd of a down season at 32. He barely got that much money when he was in his prime. I think he could be had for 6-7 million per.

Also remember that he will be getting 8.5 million from the cowboys this year, 5.3 next year, then 2 then 1 million.
footballboss24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do I sign for this?

only thing is i dont think obj falls that far neither do i think benjamin falls that far... I would prefer asj to nikolas... but man sign me up for 3 big time targets and demarcus ware everyday of the week

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
teamorange wrote:
I like it other than the Ware pick and I really hate that.

What ware pick? U mean signing DeMarcus Ware?

Don't understand how anyone can hate that move but it's ur opinion and ur entitled to it.

I do expect you to be in the minority when it comes to ware though

He's 32 looking for a big contract and he has been declining for a few years now. All he has now is his reputation.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

superbowlbound

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Don't understand how anyone can hate that move but it's ur opinion and ur entitled to it.

He's 32 looking for a big contract and he has been declining for a few years now. All he has now is his reputation.

Where is there any evidence that he is looking for a big contract if he gets cut? And who says any team would give him a huge contract? Teams know his age, he'll get a 3 year deal (at most) where the back end has very little guaranteed

P.S. He's had 10+ sacks every season since 2006 except last year. He hasn't been declining for a few years at all, he had 19 sacks in 2011, and 11.5 in 2012)

He had 6 sacks in 13 games last season on a terrible terrible defense and facing double teams while fighting an injury

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
teamorange wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Where is there any evidence that he is looking for a big contract if he gets cut? And who says any team would give him a huge contract? Teams know his age, he'll get a 3 year deal (at most) where the back end has very little guaranteed

P.S. He's had 10+ sacks every season since 2006 except last year. He hasn't been declining for a few years at all, he had 19 sacks in 2011, and 11.5 in 2012)

He had 6 sacks in 13 games last season on a terrible terrible defense and facing double teams while fighting an injury

I would have a hard time saying no to Ware. Even though he probably wouldn't be the Ware of old (taking on teams literally by himself) he wouldn't have to. With this dline, I still think he would be a nightmare of the edge. If the price is right, I'd take a risk - he would probably move our defense to elite status, and any team with an elite defense is an instant contender.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

I really don't think he will get nearly that much money. You don't get that deal coming odd of a down season at 32. He barely got that much money when he was in his prime. I think he could be had for 6-7 million per.

Also remember that he will be getting 8.5 million from the cowboys this year, 5.3 next year, then 2 then 1 million.

Here's his current salary from overthrcap

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=DeMarcus%20Ware&Position=34OLB&Team=Cowboys

I believe the prorated money was already paid and they just spread it out over the length of the contract

He just had elbow surgery for a damaged nerve that's bothered him the last two seasons so I'd be all for it if we could get him for 6-7 million over 2-3 years.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does San Fran trade up?

Trading down is always a fan favorite move, but people put it in their mocks indiscriminately without giving reason why the other team would want to give up such a price to move up 12 spots.

Solid use of the picks, though.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
jetsfan95

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything draft experts are saying, I don't think that OBJ and Benjamin make it to those respective picks. I live in Kansas City, and the rumor is that the Chiefs are high on OBJ and they pick 23rd (I believe). Not a huge Niklas fan either though.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think OBJ gets past Kansas City and Carolina.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I think OBJ goes in the top 25 picks. Benjamin is the hard one to gage where he might land. Obviously he's the biggest boom bust WR in the draft. Hill was that 2yrs ago and he hasn't panned out yet, Patterson was raw last draft as well and he was more of a success than Hill. So I could see a team who can afford the risk take a shot on him. We quite frankly aren in that position offensively to take that risk IMO.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
teamorange wrote:
superbowlbound wrote:
teamorange wrote:

Three years is a HUGE deal for a 32 year old non-QB/kicker/olineman. And he is likely to get 8-12 million (at a minimum, pretty sure he is expecting 12-15) and 8 is a lot for the productivity he is gonna get. He's not gonna grow with the Jets and he isn't gonna take the Jets to that next level nor is that level a championship level.

And decreasing your sacks by 50% per year is a pretty huge decline but his play has been that bad (by his standards) to backup the numbers. He was not double teamed last year and teams didn't plan around him. Injuries are a pretty good at that age that a decline is gonna start.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking past his last year stats bc the whole Dallas defense horrific and they switched to a 4-3 where he was a DE rather than a 3-4 OLB. He was arguably the best pass rusher in the league previous to the last 2 seasons and he is still 30 (31 by week 1) If cut and if healthy I think he easily gets 10+ sacks with the Jets with our DLine and Rex.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I'm looking past his last year stats bc the whole Dallas defense horrific and they switched to a 4-3 where he was a DE rather than a 3-4 OLB. He was arguably the best pass rusher in the league previous to the last 2 seasons and he is still 30 (31 by week 1) If cut and if healthy I think he easily gets 10+ sacks with the Jets with our DLine and Rex.

Just because he can get 10 sacks doesn't mean he is good for the team. I'd rather get a guy who can grow with the team and be a 7/8 sack guy (on a smaller contract) than Ware.

I don't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: