Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NYJ Post-Combine Draft...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: NYJ Post-Combine Draft... Reply with quote

Notable Resignings:
- Colon
- Cumberland
- Howard

Free Agency:
- Emmanuel Sanders, WR
- Vontae Davis, CB
- DeMarcus Ware, DE/OLB
- Malcolm Jenkins, FS

Trade 1st (#18) to S.F for 1st (#30), 2nd (#56)

1.(#30 via SF) Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
2. (#49)Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
2. (#56 via SF) Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Fla. St.
3. (#69 via TB) Kyle Fuller, CB/S, Va. Tech.
3. (#80) Carl Bradford, DE/OLB, Arizona St.
4. Brandon Thomas, OG/OT, Clemson
4. (comp) Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
5. A.C. Leonard, TE, Tennessee St.
5 (comp) Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
6. Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan St.
7. Larry Webster, DE/OLB, Bloomsburg
7 (comp)Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love, love, love trading down and picking up that 2nd.

It's honestly the most ideal scenario at this point. While hard to actually do, if we can trade down and snag either ODB or Cooks in the 1st and add another pick in the 2nd/3rd. Ah, I'll be so pumped if Idzik can pull off a trade down on draft day and still get ODB.

Like the rest of the draft as well.

Btw, not that it matters because its a mock, but who do you think the 9ers (or other possible trade partners) would jump up for?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
Love, love, love trading down and picking up that 2nd.

It's honestly the most ideal scenario at this point. While hard to actually do, if we can trade down and snag either ODB or Cooks in the 1st and add another pick in the 2nd/3rd. Ah, I'll be so pumped if Idzik can pull off a trade down on draft day and still get ODB.

Like the rest of the draft as well.

Btw, not that it matters because its a mock, but who do you think the 9ers (or other possible trade partners) would jump up for?

I'm not entirely sure. They have tons of picks and are 1 play away from being in the superbowl. Could be Marquise Lee or Justin Gilbert/Dennard.

Its pretty far fetched, if anything SF has incentive to trade AHEAD of us and not with us, but its my mock and I can dream a little.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all the ones you have done this my favourite mock so far!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, just think it's hard to make a big part of our free agency a guy that we have no clue if he'll even be available (Demarcus Ware) besides that I like it.
famousj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In free agency, I am not as high on Sanders as other people. Sanders is more of a #3 WR than a 1 or 2. I am not impressed by Kelvin Benjamin. I would rather have Davante Adams or Martavis Bryant. Otherwise, I could live with the rest of the mock.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
mikejets22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think Niklas is up to mid second now? I think we could get him with our TB 3rd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some definite similarities between this and the mock i was literally just working on. So clearly i like most of it. I also traded back so i love that.

Love OBJ, not a huge fan of Niklas... i like the idea of Niklas but something is missing. He has so so hands in traffic which is exactly where 270lb TE's are gonna catch the ball in the NFL. Not a huge Benjamin fan but if we got him in the second I'd be pretty happy. Like the 3rd round. I have us taking McKinnon in the 4th as well lol.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
You think Niklas is up to mid second now? I think we could get him with our TB 3rd.

Yea I think Niklas is gone by late 2nd and could go as high as late 1st. He's the most complete TE in this draft. Best blocking TE to come out in 10 yrs and athletic enough to be split out. He's not flashy, he'll immediately be useful as a blocker and will develop into a solid recieving option.

Should also pair nicely with Cumberland/Leonard whose skill sets are based more on being split out rather than Niklas who excels inline

I also wanna keep the picks as realistic as possible, so I usually try to be conservative with whose gonna be there at each pick. Niklas in the 3rd is possible but I think it's very unlikely (I have him right behind Amaro as the #3 TE)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
We have some definite similarities between this and the mock i was literally just working on. So clearly i like most of it. I also traded back so i love that.

Love OBJ, not a huge fan of Niklas... i like the idea of Niklas but something is missing. He has so so hands in traffic which is exactly where 270lb TE's are gonna catch the ball in the NFL. Not a huge Benjamin fan but if we got him in the second I'd be pretty happy. Like the 3rd round. I have us taking McKinnon in the 4th as well lol.

I'm higher on Niklas than many others, specifically his blocking which is superb (something our TE's really lacked last year)

But if your mocks are similar then mine must be good! Lol

I also don't love Benjamin but in the 2nd I think he's great value and has a much higher upside than Adams there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only pick I didn't like was Benjamin, but with OBJ, Sanders, Kerley, and a possibly motivated Hill. I can't hate the pick. he won't be forced into the lineup. he can sit and work on his skills.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
rampantjet wrote:

I'm higher on Niklas than many others, specifically his blocking which is superb (something our TE's really lacked last year)

But if your mocks are similar then mine must be good! Lol

Ya I have no doubts about Niklas' blocking abilities, my thing is that if I am gonna take a TE in the second I wanna know he has it everywhere. He is weird to me, he seems to do well in space which you wouldn't expect of a 270lb guy, but then he seems to struggle in traffic which is where you would think he would thrive.

I also don't love Benjamin but in the 2nd I think he's great value and has a much higher upside than Adams there.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it other than the Ware pick and I really hate that.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

superbowlbound

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
I like it other than the Ware pick and I really hate that.

What ware pick? U mean signing DeMarcus Ware?

Don't understand how anyone can hate that move but it's ur opinion and ur entitled to it.

I do expect you to be in the minority when it comes to ware though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: