Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade up for Donald?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Would you trade up for Donald? Reply with quote

Say at 6 we got either Mack or Clowney to fall to us and we took them.

Would you then be willing to trade our 2nd round pick + next years 1st round pick to move up and get donald in the 20 to 25 range if available there by some miracle or would you value that 1st next year to much to get a player of donald's talent this year at a position of need.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Would you trade up for Donald? Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Say at 6 we got either Mack or Clowney to fall to us and we took them.

Would you then be willing to trade our 2nd round pick + next years 1st round pick to move up and get donald in the 20 to 25 range if available there by some miracle or would you value that 1st next year to much to get a player of donald's talent this year at a position of need.
next year's 1st? no.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2515
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Scar here. We need to hang on to next years 1st. If the price is right I'd be okay with trading up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5927
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a huge fan of Donald anyway, but the easy question is if hes so talneted, why is he lasting until 20-25? I would only move up for special talents. I dont think he is one, therefore, no, I wouldnt move up. Much rather have Jerningan in round 2 or 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Im not a huge fan of Donald anyway, but the easy question is if hes so talneted, why is he lasting until 20-25? I would only move up for special talents. I dont think he is one, therefore, no, I wouldnt move up. Much rather have Jerningan in round 2 or 3.


Jernigan i doubt falls to 2nd or 3rd either Smile Im as big a Jernigan fan as anyone on this board as i am also a FSU homer thats my college team Very Happy He is tied for my 2nd fav. DT in this draft behind Donald and Hageman. I see all 3 of them going in the top 25 picks which sucks as i would love to have 1 of the 3 as a Falcon.

Donald might not last til 25 i was saying if he somehow did would you do it. He very well could go in the top 10 to 15 come draft day.

Would be interested in seeing what you dislike about Donald so much though as a player it's gotta be more than his size that should be the least of anyones problems. So what else do ya dislike about his game so much.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1721
Location: GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against trading up really, but if we get Clowney or Mack and Donald is sitting there late in the first I would highly consider it.

Edit: As long as it doesn't include 2015 1st. In no way, shape, or form, should we even CONSIDER giving up next years first.
_________________


Last edited by SpoonFed56 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mjmiller


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 1583
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Donald, Jernigan OR Hageman is there in the late 20's and we could deal this years and next years 2nd, then yes. i would def trade up for either one. but anything more than that, im sitting where we're at.

still got Justin Ellis, Sutton, Jones etc in the later rounds.
_________________
if theres a god.....Clowney to Atlanta!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkGoneRiseUp


Joined: 12 Nov 2013
Posts: 73
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade up for no one...what we need will fall into our laps, I think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShockdAtFalcons


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 894
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving away our 2nd and next years first for the guy? Absolutely not.

Pulling a similar trade to how we landed Trufant, aka our 2nd + 3rd (and probably a late round pick next year) would be reasonable.
_________________
formerly MadAtFalcons

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5927
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Im not a huge fan of Donald anyway, but the easy question is if hes so talneted, why is he lasting until 20-25? I would only move up for special talents. I dont think he is one, therefore, no, I wouldnt move up. Much rather have Jerningan in round 2 or 3.


Jernigan i doubt falls to 2nd or 3rd either Smile Im as big a Jernigan fan as anyone on this board as i am also a FSU homer thats my college team Very Happy He is tied for my 2nd fav. DT in this draft behind Donald and Hageman. I see all 3 of them going in the top 25 picks which sucks as i would love to have 1 of the 3 as a Falcon.

Donald might not last til 25 i was saying if he somehow did would you do it. He very well could go in the top 10 to 15 come draft day.

Would be interested in seeing what you dislike about Donald so much though as a player it's gotta be more than his size that should be the least of anyones problems. So what else do ya dislike about his game so much.


How should his size be the least of anyone's concerns? It's a serious detriment , and for every geno Atkins there's 15 no names that either never make it to the league or flake out after a year or two.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ljm falcons 21


Joined: 17 Nov 2013
Posts: 49
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the draft order I'm worries either the bears or cowboys take him after that though I see him falling as there are alot of 3-4 defences which is not a scheme fit for him.
If he slips to the patriots at 29 I say make the trade as they seem to love acquiring picks. I agree with the trade scenario we dealt for trufant though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2515
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljm falcons 21 wrote:
Looking at the draft order I'm worries either the bears or cowboys take him after that though I see him falling as there are alot of 3-4 defences which is not a scheme fit for him.
If he slips to the patriots at 29 I say make the trade as they seem to love acquiring picks. I agree with the trade scenario we dealt for trufant though.


I trade with the Pats wouldn't be awful. It's late enough to where we wouldn't give up much. However, chances of him slipping that far is unlikely.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ljm falcons 21


Joined: 17 Nov 2013
Posts: 49
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the order and this is from a scheme and also FA leaving perspective he could go to the titans 11, giants 12, rams 13, bears 14, cowboys at 16 then the dolphins at 19.
Ive named these teams mainly because they run a 4-3, I see him fitting the bears and cowboys better and feel like we would have to trade up with them to get him and they would probably be asking too much for that pick.

The problem if he does fall out of the 1st round is there are a few picks before us in the second and who's saying someone might do a deal and jump ahead and take him as it won't cost as much, that is my personal worry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Im not a huge fan of Donald anyway, but the easy question is if hes so talneted, why is he lasting until 20-25? I would only move up for special talents. I dont think he is one, therefore, no, I wouldnt move up. Much rather have Jerningan in round 2 or 3.


Jernigan i doubt falls to 2nd or 3rd either Smile Im as big a Jernigan fan as anyone on this board as i am also a FSU homer thats my college team Very Happy He is tied for my 2nd fav. DT in this draft behind Donald and Hageman. I see all 3 of them going in the top 25 picks which sucks as i would love to have 1 of the 3 as a Falcon.

Donald might not last til 25 i was saying if he somehow did would you do it. He very well could go in the top 10 to 15 come draft day.

Would be interested in seeing what you dislike about Donald so much though as a player it's gotta be more than his size that should be the least of anyones problems. So what else do ya dislike about his game so much.


How should his size be the least of anyone's concerns? It's a serious detriment , and for every geno Atkins there's 15 no names that either never make it to the league or flake out after a year or two.


6' 285 is big enough to handle business as long as you play with great technique, have alot of strength, good agility, know how to play with leverage, and have great work ethic. Donald has everyone of those things and has proven so on a consistent basis against every team he has went against. Rod Coleman who was 6'2 285 is very similar to the exact same type of player Donald is in size and playing style. Not saying he will be the next Rod Coleman but if anyone has the drive and potential to do it Donald would be one of them.

Don't really understand why im debating this with you if all your worried about is 1 or 2 inches on a player and not his whole body of work and what he has shown on film and on the field.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1721
Location: GA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Im not a huge fan of Donald anyway, but the easy question is if hes so talneted, why is he lasting until 20-25? I would only move up for special talents. I dont think he is one, therefore, no, I wouldnt move up. Much rather have Jerningan in round 2 or 3.


Jernigan i doubt falls to 2nd or 3rd either Smile Im as big a Jernigan fan as anyone on this board as i am also a FSU homer thats my college team Very Happy He is tied for my 2nd fav. DT in this draft behind Donald and Hageman. I see all 3 of them going in the top 25 picks which sucks as i would love to have 1 of the 3 as a Falcon.

Donald might not last til 25 i was saying if he somehow did would you do it. He very well could go in the top 10 to 15 come draft day.

Would be interested in seeing what you dislike about Donald so much though as a player it's gotta be more than his size that should be the least of anyones problems. So what else do ya dislike about his game so much.


How should his size be the least of anyone's concerns? It's a serious detriment , and for every geno Atkins there's 15 no names that either never make it to the league or flake out after a year or two.


6' 285 is big enough to handle business as long as you play with great technique, have alot of strength, good agility, know how to play with leverage, and have great work ethic. Donald has everyone of those things and has proven so on a consistent basis against every team he has went against. Rod Coleman who was 6'2 285 is very similar to the exact same type of player Donald is in size and playing style. Not saying he will be the next Rod Coleman but if anyone has the drive and potential to do it Donald would be one of them.

Don't really understand why im debating this with you if all your worried about is 1 or 2 inches on a player and not his whole body of work and what he has shown on film and on the field.


This^

Optimal scenario would be trade to mid 1st, load up on picks and take Donald (assuming Clowney or Mack is gone )
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group