Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clowney or Mack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one?
Mack
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Clowney
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 24

Author Message
JonnyQuest


Joined: 23 Jun 2011
Posts: 1871
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney all day everyday.

I don't care if he has work ethic questions. I'll take that risk for a player who has limitless potential. I'd be ok knowing he busted because honestly, it's not every year, or every 5 years, or even every 10 years, you get a chance to select a prospect like this.
_________________

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4646
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it YALL, but the qb's will FALL.... Clowney, Mack, AND Robinson will more than likely be off the board at #6.....Houston WILL NOT take a qb...(inside rumor)
The pick for us will be Matthews(highest rated player left on the board) or a trade down for one of the DT's, or Lewan/Martin imo. And I wouldnt be surprised if we go FS early. Gotta have a guy that can cover and tackle back there. Cant wait till free ageny starts. Until then........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4284
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
I hate to say it YALL, but the qb's will FALL.... Clowney, Mack, AND Robinson will more than likely be off the board at #6.....Houston WILL NOT take a qb...(inside rumor)
The pick for us will be Matthews(highest rated player left on the board) or a trade down for one of the DT's, or Lewan/Martin imo. And I wouldnt be surprised if we go FS early. Gotta have a guy that can cover and tackle back there. Cant wait till free ageny starts. Until then........



I doubt Houston doesn't take a QB (they're a QB away and who else is going to start for him), but Jacksonville could take Mack.

Then the draft could go like this:

Houston: QB
St. Louis: Clowney
Jacksonville: Mack
Cleveland: QB
Oakland: Watkins/QB

Who do we take then? All three of the big QBs are off the board, so trading down will be hard. That leaves us with...

Robinson (no thank you)
Matthews (Better than Robinson, but I'd prefer not)
Barr (meh)
Donald (still feels like a reach, but I'd be happy)
Hageman (ditto)
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mjmiller


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 1596
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
I hate to say it YALL, but the qb's will FALL.... Clowney, Mack, AND Robinson will more than likely be off the board at #6.....Houston WILL NOT take a qb...(inside rumor)
The pick for us will be Matthews(highest rated player left on the board) or a trade down for one of the DT's, or Lewan/Martin imo. And I wouldnt be surprised if we go FS early. Gotta have a guy that can cover and tackle back there. Cant wait till free ageny starts. Until then........



I doubt Houston doesn't take a QB (they're a QB away and who else is going to start for him), but Jacksonville could take Mack.

Then the draft could go like this:

Houston: QB
St. Louis: Clowney
Jacksonville: Mack
Cleveland: QB
Oakland: Watkins/QB

Who do we take then? All three of the big QBs are off the board, so trading down will be hard. That leaves us with...

Robinson (no thank you)
Matthews (Better than Robinson, but I'd prefer not)
Barr (meh)
Donald (still feels like a reach, but I'd be happy)
Hageman (ditto)


if Clowney is gone then we trade down. even if all we can get is a 3rd round pick. more picks mean more depth.

at the very very least, trade back with Miami. their 1st + Jordan for our 1st lol
_________________
if theres a god.....Clowney to Atlanta!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman70


Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 685
Location: Brunswick,GA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
I hate to say it YALL, but the qb's will FALL.... Clowney, Mack, AND Robinson will more than likely be off the board at #6.....Houston WILL NOT take a qb...(inside rumor)
The pick for us will be Matthews(highest rated player left on the board) or a trade down for one of the DT's, or Lewan/Martin imo. And I wouldnt be surprised if we go FS early. Gotta have a guy that can cover and tackle back there. Cant wait till free ageny starts. Until then........



I doubt Houston doesn't take a QB (they're a QB away and who else is going to start for him), but Jacksonville could take Mack.

Then the draft could go like this:

Houston: QB
St. Louis: Clowney
Jacksonville: Mack
Cleveland: QB
Oakland: Watkins/QB

Who do we take then? All three of the big QBs are off the board, so trading down will be hard. That leaves us with...

Robinson (no thank you)
Matthews (Better than Robinson, but I'd prefer not)
Barr (meh)
Donald (still feels like a reach, but I'd be happy)
Hageman (ditto)


For me in that situation, you go with Robinson. He's a blue chip prospect with all the measurables who is only a sophomore. I believe he's gonna be a stand out OT for someone and I definitely wouldn't mind if he ended up with us. He could be our RT until Baker gets injured. In a couple of years when it's palatable to cut him, he could assume the full time LT duties. I don't want to take another low round OT prospect. It's the same deal as developing DE prospects, really unpredictable and dicey.
For me, Robinson is one of the best OL prospects with his age and measurables, to come along in a while.
_________________
"If you think weakness can be turned into a strength. I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." Jack Handey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4284
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman70 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
I hate to say it YALL, but the qb's will FALL.... Clowney, Mack, AND Robinson will more than likely be off the board at #6.....Houston WILL NOT take a qb...(inside rumor)
The pick for us will be Matthews(highest rated player left on the board) or a trade down for one of the DT's, or Lewan/Martin imo. And I wouldnt be surprised if we go FS early. Gotta have a guy that can cover and tackle back there. Cant wait till free ageny starts. Until then........



I doubt Houston doesn't take a QB (they're a QB away and who else is going to start for him), but Jacksonville could take Mack.

Then the draft could go like this:

Houston: QB
St. Louis: Clowney
Jacksonville: Mack
Cleveland: QB
Oakland: Watkins/QB

Who do we take then? All three of the big QBs are off the board, so trading down will be hard. That leaves us with...

Robinson (no thank you)
Matthews (Better than Robinson, but I'd prefer not)
Barr (meh)
Donald (still feels like a reach, but I'd be happy)
Hageman (ditto)


For me in that situation, you go with Robinson. He's a blue chip prospect with all the measurables who is only a sophomore. I believe he's gonna be a stand out OT for someone and I definitely wouldn't mind if he ended up with us. He could be our RT until Baker gets injured. In a couple of years when it's palatable to cut him, he could assume the full time LT duties. I don't want to take another low round OT prospect. It's the same deal as developing DE prospects, really unpredictable and dicey.
For me, Robinson is one of the best OL prospects with his age and measurables, to come along in a while.


Robinson's pass protection issues really, really scare me. Simply put, I don't think he helps this team. Huge upside, yes, but there are just too many issues with his game that makes me think that he's an upgrade Day 1. In a situation like Buffalo or St. Louis where he can develop a bit, he can be one of the elite players in the NFL. But if we give him too much responsibility out of the gate, he could fail. That's what we'd have to do out of necessity and I don't like those odds.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9830
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson pass pro isn't anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be beep Smile It's not perfect but for a RG it's more than adequate easily and he would be hands down one of the best run producing lineman from day 1 in the nfl imo. If we can get any sort of run game going then that in itself will give us much better pass pro as teams just won't be able to sit back and blitz us all day every day.

He could learn for a year or 2 under Tice to get his pass pro a bit better and then become Bakers replacement in a year or 2 after we can move on from his contract if he doesn't keep up to par.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4284
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Robinson pass pro isn't anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be beep Smile It's not perfect but for a RG it's more than adequate easily and he would be hands down one of the best run producing lineman from day 1 in the nfl imo. If we can get any sort of run game going then that in itself will give us much better pass pro as teams just won't be able to sit back and blitz us all day every day.

He could learn for a year or 2 under Tice to get his pass pro a bit better and then become Bakers replacement in a year or 2 after we can move on from his contract if he doesn't keep up to par.


I may exaggerating a bit, but it's still an issue. It's something he never really had to do at Auburn and throwing him in, even at RG, just seems like a problem.

If we were faced with that decision, in the place we are now, I'd rather take Matthews. We know he can keep Matt Ryan upright, but we're going to have to wait and see with Robinson. And that's what it comes down to for me. Robinson may end up the better player ten years from now, but Matthews is more of a sure thing.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9830
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Robinson pass pro isn't anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be beep Smile It's not perfect but for a RG it's more than adequate easily and he would be hands down one of the best run producing lineman from day 1 in the nfl imo. If we can get any sort of run game going then that in itself will give us much better pass pro as teams just won't be able to sit back and blitz us all day every day.

He could learn for a year or 2 under Tice to get his pass pro a bit better and then become Bakers replacement in a year or 2 after we can move on from his contract if he doesn't keep up to par.


I may exaggerating a bit, but it's still an issue. It's something he never really had to do at Auburn and throwing him in, even at RG, just seems like a problem.

If we were faced with that decision, in the place we are now, I'd rather take Matthews. We know he can keep Matt Ryan upright, but we're going to have to wait and see with Robinson. And that's what it comes down to for me. Robinson may end up the better player ten years from now, but Matthews is more of a sure thing.


But Robinson plays a more needed position for us in RG where as Matthews does not. We have Baker at LT for sure and i don't want another rookie RT i want either a vet Rt or give Holmes another shot with a more talented RG next to him as Holmes actually did show promise at RT which surprised me.

Truthfully i think Matthews plays a bit soft as times as well and is the opposite of want i think our line needs we need someone nasty and strong not another technician which is more so what Matthews is.

Thats why i think Matthews would be a really good LT prospect in the nfl which to me is not what we need right now.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Robinson pass pro isn't anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be beep Smile It's not perfect but for a RG it's more than adequate easily and he would be hands down one of the best run producing lineman from day 1 in the nfl imo. If we can get any sort of run game going then that in itself will give us much better pass pro as teams just won't be able to sit back and blitz us all day every day.

He could learn for a year or 2 under Tice to get his pass pro a bit better and then become Bakers replacement in a year or 2 after we can move on from his contract if he doesn't keep up to par.


I may exaggerating a bit, but it's still an issue. It's something he never really had to do at Auburn and throwing him in, even at RG, just seems like a problem.

If we were faced with that decision, in the place we are now, I'd rather take Matthews. We know he can keep Matt Ryan upright, but we're going to have to wait and see with Robinson. And that's what it comes down to for me. Robinson may end up the better player ten years from now, but Matthews is more of a sure thing.


But Robinson plays a more needed position for us in RG where as Matthews does not. We have Baker at LT for sure and i don't want another rookie RT i want either a vet Rt or give Holmes another shot with a more talented RG next to him as Holmes actually did show promise at RT which surprised me.

Truthfully i think Matthews plays a bit soft as times as well and is the opposite of want i think our line needs we need someone nasty and strong not another technician which is more so what Matthews is.

Thats why i think Matthews would be a really good LT prospect in the nfl which to me is not what we need right now.


Baker could get hurt, he could also play RT and move Johnson to RG. Matthews is well above Robinson right now as a LT, if hes available itd be stupid to pass him up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4284
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Robinson pass pro isn't anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be beep Smile It's not perfect but for a RG it's more than adequate easily and he would be hands down one of the best run producing lineman from day 1 in the nfl imo. If we can get any sort of run game going then that in itself will give us much better pass pro as teams just won't be able to sit back and blitz us all day every day.

He could learn for a year or 2 under Tice to get his pass pro a bit better and then become Bakers replacement in a year or 2 after we can move on from his contract if he doesn't keep up to par.


I may exaggerating a bit, but it's still an issue. It's something he never really had to do at Auburn and throwing him in, even at RG, just seems like a problem.

If we were faced with that decision, in the place we are now, I'd rather take Matthews. We know he can keep Matt Ryan upright, but we're going to have to wait and see with Robinson. And that's what it comes down to for me. Robinson may end up the better player ten years from now, but Matthews is more of a sure thing.


But Robinson plays a more needed position for us in RG where as Matthews does not. We have Baker at LT for sure and i don't want another rookie RT i want either a vet Rt or give Holmes another shot with a more talented RG next to him as Holmes actually did show promise at RT which surprised me.

Truthfully i think Matthews plays a bit soft as times as well and is the opposite of want i think our line needs we need someone nasty and strong not another technician which is more so what Matthews is.

Thats why i think Matthews would be a really good LT prospect in the nfl which to me is not what we need right now.


Baker could get hurt, he could also play RT and move Johnson to RG. Matthews is well above Robinson right now as a LT, if hes available itd be stupid to pass him up.


Smitty already said that Baker will not move to RT. I'd imagine Matthews would play RT for two or so years before we cut or trade Baker and move Matthews over. Matthews did play RT at A&M while Joeckel was there, he could do it again.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group