Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clowney or Mack
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one?
Mack
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Clowney
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 24

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Clowney or Mack Reply with quote

The last couple days it seems like all we've heard is criticism for Clowney. In no way do i think this should happen, nor do I think it will, but there seems to be a chance teams can buy into some of those concerns and go with someone else. So my question isnt who would you pick if both were available, its do you want Mack to reach #6 or Clowney. Lets assume that one will def be gone.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If both are there, I'm taking Clowney. But I'd be just as happy with Mack. Both are legit.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kinda depends on who we bring in in Free Agency. If we sign a vet pass rusher I want Mack, if we don't address the edge before the draft I'd take Clowney.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
It kinda depends on who we bring in in Free Agency. If we sign a vet pass rusher I want Mack, if we don't address the edge before the draft I'd take Clowney.

I kind of am for Mack as I believe he is a safer pick than Clowney. However, drafting Clowney at 6 is not a bad pick. I am against trading up for him though. If Clowney is gone befor #6 I'd like to draft Mack or Robinson at #6.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
mjmiller

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney all day.

if he came out last year instead of this year, there would be no comparison or question. injured alot this year and yes, did take plays off. but if/when he gets back to his last year play, its gonna be scary.

and yes i would even trade up for him, as long as we arent giving up everything for him.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows how much I love Mack, but I don't think I could pass up Clowney. They're my top two prospects in the draft. I'd be absolutely thrilled with either one at #6. If TD feels that both will be gone by #6, I think a trade up should be considered, especially if the team makes a couple of splashes in FA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Everyone knows how much I love Mack, but I don't think I could pass up Clowney. They're my top two prospects in the draft. I'd be absolutely thrilled with either one at #6. If TD feels that both will be gone by #6, I think a trade up should be considered, especially if the team makes a couple of splashes in FA.

i say we should try and get BOTH lol Laughing
coors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont waver. Clowney.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowney... and after that 40 it isn't even close

This should be Clowney & ______ Round Pick verse Mack
BladeKor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either one, i'll be okay with. If we get mack, there could be a chance that Donald falls to late 20's and we can trade back up and draft him.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BladeKor wrote:
Either one, i'll be okay with. If we get mack, there could be a chance that Donald falls to late 20's and we can trade back up and draft him.

what does mack going at 6 have to do with donald being there late 1st? If anything, the earlier Mack goes, the earlier Donald goes as well.
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
BladeKor wrote:

what does mack going at 6 have to do with donald being there late 1st? If anything, the earlier Mack goes, the earlier Donald goes as well.

I think he's assuming that the only way we can get Clowney is if we trade up, and if we do that then we wouldn't have enough ammo to trade up again for Donald.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im taking Mack as i think he can do alot more in Nolan's Multiple scheme than Clowney can and doesn't have all the flaws that Clowney does coming out. Im a huge critic on work ethic if you show the lack of it then you take a big hit in my book.

With that said im not dumb enough to not notice his talent and upside overall and would still take him at 6 if Mack was gone but i would take Mack 1st.

I think people forget how terrible we were against RB's and TE's in coverage the last couple of years Mack would come in and help that a ton and still be able to bring pressure when asked of him. Clowney can bring pressure as well but i don't see him no where near as great in coverage as Mack is when called upon to do so.

In order the 4 players i want the most for the Falcons at 6 would be

Mack
Clowney
Donald
Robinson
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smh Clowney.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Im taking Mack as i think he can do alot more in Nolan's Multiple scheme than Clowney can and doesn't have all the flaws that Clowney does coming out. Im a huge critic on work ethic if you show the lack of it then you take a big hit in my book.

With that said im not dumb enough to not notice his talent and upside overall and would still take him at 6 if Mack was gone but i would take Mack 1st.

I think people forget how terrible we were against RB's and TE's in coverage the last couple of years Mack would come in and help that a ton and still be able to bring pressure when asked of him. Clowney can bring pressure as well but i don't see him no where near as great in coverage as Mack is when called upon to do so.

In order the 4 players i want the most for the Falcons at 6 would be

Mack
Clowney
Donald
Robinson

Doesnt matter how good you are in coverage, if you cant get to the QB. No body can cover forever. If your reasoning for wanting Mack is because hes better in coverage, I really dont have many words. Ifs thats the man issue, why not draft Telvin Smith in round 5, or Van Noy or 2 or 3 ?

And when has Clowney shown a lack of work ethic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: