Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tre Mason (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Totore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperDolfan13 wrote:
I believe Andre Williams is our guy at RB we wont have to spend too high of a pick on him. I have not been able to follow the combine, but the game film says it all about this guy. We draft him and we wont need daniel thomas any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujt1S9P2XHE

Now THAT'S what Daniel Thomas is supposed to do.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totore wrote:
SuperDolfan13 wrote:
I believe Andre Williams is our guy at RB we wont have to spend too high of a pick on him. I have not been able to follow the combine, but the game film says it all about this guy. We draft him and we wont need daniel thomas any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujt1S9P2XHE

Now THAT'S what Daniel Thomas is supposed to do.

I would be excited about Williams in the 3rd and beyond. IMO he's a wildcard in this draft. Will he go in the second or will he be there in the fifth?
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
I'm really leaning towards sticking with Lamar Miller and allowing Daniel Thomas to walk.

Instead of drafting Mason I would much rather we not give up on Miller and bring a a FA RB like Toby Gerhart or LaGarrete Blount for the 1-2 punch.

Blount? No thank you

I really liked Blount coming out of college, and while he IS limited he is very physical and IMO would be a great complimentary RB to Miller. It would also take a piece away from a divisional rival and probably wouldn't cost much.

He's good for a cheap shot every now and then too.

LOL!!!!! yes he is......
green4gulf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
I don't see much difference between Mason and Davonte Freeman. If Freeman played in a read option run offense and got a larger share of the carries...And they have almost the exact same height & weight

Freeman: 173att 1,045yd 5.9ypc - 34% of team carries
Mason:::: 283att 1,638yd 5.7ypc - 42% of team carries

Good point!!!!!

I like Freeman, but I honestly didn't know his stats compared that well to Mason. Freeman should be a lesser pick and would compliment Miller better than Mason IMO.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be cool if they took a RB in the 5th or 6th round. Someone good will drop. RB is not a needed position. They cannot draft enough Offensive lineman. I would like it if they cornered the offensive lineman market in this draft.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I will be cool if they took a RB in the 5th or 6th round. Someone good will drop. RB is not a needed position. They cannot draft enough Offensive lineman. I would like it if they cornered the offensive lineman market in this draft.

1) OL
2) OL
3) OL / RB
4) OL / RB
5) S
6) LB
7 ) TE

gimme dat hickey pls
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:
I don't see much difference between Mason and Davonte Freeman. If Freeman played in a read option run offense and got a larger share of the carries...And they have almost the exact same height & weight

Good point!!!!!

I like Freeman, but I honestly didn't know his stats compared that well to Mason. Freeman should be a lesser pick and would compliment Miller better than Mason IMO.

It's a common mistake to extrapolate stats like that. One major difference between Freeman and Mason? Mason was the focal point of that offense and they still couldn't stop him with some of the more elite defenses in the NCAA's. Freeman was an afterthought in his offense with one of the better QB's throwing the ball to Benjamin. More than likely Freeman faced a lot of 6 or 7 men in the box while Mason saw a stacked box. Also, I like a RB who can give me 40 carries in a game if needed. Speaks to his durability through a game. In other words, it's much easier to average close to 6 yards a carry as a part time back or with a team that doesn't run the ball as much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind drafting a replacement for Thomas but I still want to see what Lazor can do with Gillislee & Miller.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I wouldn't mind drafting a replacement for Thomas but I still want to see what Lazor can do with Gillislee & Miller.

I think we will sign another FA still

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:

Good point!!!!!

It's a common mistake to extrapolate stats like that. One major difference between Freeman and Mason? Mason was the focal point of that offense and they still couldn't stop him with some of the more elite defenses in the NCAA's. Freeman was an afterthought in his offense with one of the better QB's throwing the ball to Benjamin. More than likely Freeman faced a lot of 6 or 7 men in the box while Mason saw a stacked box. Also, I like a RB who can give me 40 carries in a game if needed. Speaks to his durability through a game. In other words, it's much easier to average close to 6 yards a carry as a part time back or with a team that doesn't run the ball as much.

Of course you're correct. Nevertheless I feel that Freeman is a player to look at if you think Miller is the guy, but Mason is a player to look at if you're looking for someone other than Miller to be the primary runner.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the schedule Auburn faced last season

Washington State
Arkansas State
Mississippi State
LSU
Ole Miss
Western Carolina
Texas A&M
Florida Atlantic
Arkansas
Tennessee
Georgia
Alabama
Mizzou

Not exactly a murderer's row, defensively.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:

Good point!!!!!

Of course you're correct. Nevertheless I feel that Freeman is a player to look at if you think Miller is the guy, but Mason is a player to look at if you're looking for someone other than Miller to be the primary runner.

That's fair. I like Freeman as a complimentary guy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:

Washington State
Arkansas State
Mississippi State
LSU
Ole Miss
Western Carolina
Texas A&M
Florida Atlantic
Arkansas
Tennessee
Georgia
Alabama
Mizzou

His best games were against...

Florida St
Alabama
LSU
Missouri
Arkansas
Texas A&M

He played better against the ranked teams than the unranked ones. And that's still a lot better defenses than what Florida St played against.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
freak_of_nature wrote:

Washington State
Arkansas State
Mississippi State
LSU
Ole Miss
Western Carolina
Texas A&M
Florida Atlantic
Arkansas
Tennessee
Georgia
Alabama
Mizzou

His best games were against...

Florida St 5
Alabama 15
LSU 49
Missouri 62
Arkansas 89
Texas A&M 111

He played better against the ranked teams than the unranked ones. And that's still a lot better defenses than what Florida St played against.

Those were the ranks out of 124 FBS teams in YPC defense.

Here were FSU's opponents:

26. Wake
27. Maryland
29. Florida
43. Syracuse
45. BC
47. Clemson
48. Pitt
69. Duke
71. Miami

You can argue for conference talent disparity, but I don't think the SEC defenses this year were on the same level as they used to be.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the record, I will take Williams from BC over Tre Mason any day of the week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: