Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tre Mason (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
I'm really leaning towards sticking with Lamar Miller and allowing Daniel Thomas to walk.

Instead of drafting Mason I would much rather we not give up on Miller and bring a a FA RB like Toby Gerhart or LaGarrete Blount for the 1-2 punch.

Blount? No thank you
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
I'm really leaning towards sticking with Lamar Miller and allowing Daniel Thomas to walk.

Instead of drafting Mason I would much rather we not give up on Miller and bring a a FA RB like Toby Gerhart or LaGarrete Blount for the 1-2 punch.

Blount? No thank you

Maybe not Blount but a veteran back. Not sure Gerhart fits that category of a zone run blocking scheme though. He has always played in power run oriented offenses.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Blount? No thank you

I really liked Blount coming out of college, and while he IS limited he is very physical and IMO would be a great complimentary RB to Miller. It would also take a piece away from a divisional rival and probably wouldn't cost much.
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Blount? No thank you

I really liked Blount coming out of college, and while he IS limited he is very physical and IMO would be a great complimentary RB to Miller. It would also take a piece away from a divisional rival and probably wouldn't cost much.

He's good for a cheap shot every now and then too.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not big on Mason I would like a all purpose back one who can do it all I am not saying Mason cant block or be productive in the passing game but he has not shown he can do either.

Last year I said LeVeon Bell was the best all around back this year I am starting to believe its Charles Sims WVU he is the best receiving RB one of the best RB in PASS PROTECTION and running style like Matt Forte. If we do go RB early no more one trick pony's I want Charles Sims he will be a late 2 by draft day. I prefer we wait till late in the draft for RB though
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Films' Greg Cosell says Auburn's Tre Mason is the running back that he's most intrigued with in the 2014 RB class.
"I think he can be a foundation back in the NFL," Cosell said. The analyst isn't alone in his admiration, as NFL.com's Gil Brandt ranked Mason as the draft's best running back back in January. The 5-foot-9, 205-pound back finished last season with 1,816 rushing yards and 23 touchdowns and was a Heisman finalist. Mason, who bolted school after his junior campaign, received a third-round grade from the NFL's advisory board. We think that's about right.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will cost a 1st round pick, do not think I would want to do that.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats Week-Cool
60.8% CMP - 1133 yards -8 TD's - 5 INT's - 81.2 Rat
green4gulf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:

I think he gets drafted in the 2nd.

If he is still around in the 3rd and we pass on him then I will be slightly disappointed.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

If he is still around in the 3rd and we pass on him then I will be slightly disappointed.

I think i would be cool if we took him in the 2nd round. With the addition of Brandon Albert, I still want to get help for the O line, (Best Player on the Board, would be great) even trading back would be ok.

ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

There is no scenerio of the Fins passing a RB will I be disappointed. I am a big fan of drafting a RB every two years but am not in support of taking one before round 4. Lamar Miller is fine. Miami needs a power back. It would be a wasted pick in my opinion.
Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

There is no scenerio of the Fins passing a RB will I be disappointed. I am a big fan of drafting a RB every two years but am not in support of taking one before round 4. Lamar Miller is fine. Miami needs a power back. It would be a wasted pick in my opinion.

No RB who was a top 10 rusher, otherwise than Alfred Morris, was drafted later than the 4th last year. In the top 20; Zac Stacy(5th), Chris Ivory(undrafted), and Fred Jackson(undrafted), none rushed for over 1,000 yards. If you mean before the 4th in this draft then I kinda' agree.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsfan93 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

No RB who was a top 10 rusher, otherwise than Alfred Morris, was drafted later than the 4th last year. In the top 20; Zac Stacy(5th), Chris Ivory(undrafted), and Fred Jackson(undrafted), none rushed for over 1,000 yards. If you mean before the 4th in this draft then I kinda' agree.

You don't need a top 10 rusher to have team success in the NFL

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see much difference between Mason and Davonte Freeman. If Freeman played in a read option run offense and got a larger share of the carries...And they have almost the exact same height & weight

Freeman: 173att 1,045yd 5.9ypc - 34% of team carries
Mason:::: 283att 1,638yd 5.7ypc - 42% of team carries
Russ57

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we ever learned how to run screen plays....if we ever designed pass plays for them......if we ever learned to zone block......if we ever learned how to throw the deep ball.

Then a good RB would be a very important part of the team. Next to the center and QB he is likely to touch the ball the most.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not see taking a RB in round 1, see DTRB even Round 2 would be a stretch, they have to be VERY special, round 3 plus is a good place to start for most RB's Mason will come off the board late 1st round, early 2nd round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: