Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tre Mason (again)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jw33d

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Tre Mason (again) Reply with quote

Tre Mason ran a 4.45 40 at the combine. Please tell me I am not th only one praying to see him in aqua and white

Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see that much of a difference between him and Lamar Miller except Miller is probably a little faster. Both seem indecisive and can't pass protect.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Tre Mason (again) Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:
Tre Mason ran a 4.45 40 at the combine. Please tell me I am not th only one praying to see him in aqua and white

If you hear crickets you may be the only one loving some Tre Mason. Better to address RB a little later in the draft and pick up a fullback also late or as a UDFA.

Last edited by Maddogg on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
orangetiktac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tre Mason (again) Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:

Good college RB. He isn't what I'm looking for to be honest, though. We need to focus on the trenches and grab a RB late in this DEEP class.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is more of a product of the system he was in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Tre Mason (again) Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:

You're not. Getting him and Sammy Watkins is my dream scenario.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that Carlos Hyde came up limping after running a 4.59 yesterday and may have pulled his hamstring. I am hoping that this drops him down to the 4th round and we can pick him up. He is a tough bruiser back that would go great with Miller IMO.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mason and I think he certainly has demonstrated he can be a productive rookie. Nevertheless I do not want us to draft a RB in the first two rounds.
SuperDolfan13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Andre Williams is our guy at RB we wont have to spend too high of a pick on him. I have not been able to follow the combine, but the game film says it all about this guy. We draft him and we wont need daniel thomas any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujt1S9P2XHE

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Tre Mason (again) Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:

Lamar Miller ran a 4.34 40 at his pro day, and 4.40 at the combine. What's your point?

While I wouldn't hate us drafting him if he falls, we have far better uses for our early picks than RB, as it stands now.

Nacho Simulation Football League
skatewood2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperDolfan13 wrote:
I believe Andre Williams is our guy at RB we wont have to spend too high of a pick on him. I have not been able to follow the combine, but the game film says it all about this guy. We draft him and we wont need daniel thomas any more.

That is a pretty impressive video, but I don't like how Williams carries the ball. He needs to get a tighter grip on the ball or he will lose it half the time he carries it. He doesn't hold it close and tight to the body and has his arm flailing around and hoping that his bicep is strong enough to hold it in. He has some very good strength and speed so I would not be upset with him at RB.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the RB is a guy like AD or RB is the one position on offense that can put the team over the top, I'm not even thinking about drafting a guy until the 3rd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
SuperDolfan13 wrote:

That is a pretty impressive video, but I don't like how Williams carries the ball. He needs to get a tighter grip on the ball or he will lose it half the time he carries it. He doesn't hold it close and tight to the body and has his arm flailing around and hoping that his bicep is strong enough to hold it in. He has some very good strength and speed so I would not be upset with him at RB.

He is a stud, and I believe he could be a steal in round 3-4. He did not have a speedy 40, but had the 2nd highest vert at 38 inches, and had the second longest broad jump. The man is explosive. Plus, I beleive Williams won the NCAA FBS rushing title last season. Him and Miller in a backfield together would be a good power/finese combo

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16
green4gulf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really leaning towards sticking with Lamar Miller and allowing Daniel Thomas to walk.

Instead of drafting Mason I would much rather we not give up on Miller and bring a a FA RB like Toby Gerhart or LaGarrete Blount for the 1-2 punch.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is drafting a runningback helping the Fins pass protection issues? If Miami stays with the two runningback system they have perfect compliments to one another. Daniel Thomas will be a free agent next year. I see no reason to spend a high round pick on a RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: