Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Watkins VS Evans
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaunp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Watkins VS Evans Reply with quote

After watching the combine I wouldn't be oppose to drafting Evans over Watkins. I was expecting Watkins to run in the 4.2 range instead he ran a best of 4.37 while Evans a much bigger stronger WR ran a best of 4.47. The Seattle Seahwaks are known for the big strong and fast DB, why not counter that with a core of big,srtong,fast WR's. As I was writing this the Official times are out Sammy 4.4 Mike Evans 4.5. Sammy clearly plays faster than that on film and is just as quick as he is fast and has top acceleration. Would like to know who you would chose with these facts and thoughts.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It's one workout
2. Tape says it all
3. We don't ever play the Seahawks

I'm still taking Watkins over Evans all day. These drills are a lot harder when there's someone lining up across from you.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather take Evans.

We have seen a lot of WRs have the speed like Watkins but we dont see a lot of WRs the size like Evans. I also see Evans creating more mismatches. I think they are both great WRs and Watkins is pretty good outside the 20s compared to Evans but I think with Evans in the redzone he is a superior WRs because of his size.

They are bot very good WRs. Both have good hands but run good routes, and etc but what seperated them is Watkin is speed and Evans has the size. It will come down to what you want in a WR. Do you want speed in your WR or do you want size in a WR.

To me I would take the WR with size because I think with Evans size he can help the future QB even more because of his catch radius. I know Watkins will be able to do more with the ball in his hands but Evans will be able to make more plays on the ball.

Also with Gordon we have a WR who can be dangerous with the ball in their hands. I really want a WR who can be dangerous with the ball in the air. I want a WR that if you throw it up that he will go up and make the play over the defenders.

Also DBs match up with Watkins speed more then DBs trying to match up with Evans size.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon's already got the straight line ability, we need a compliment that runs crisp routes and can go across the middle. Odell Beckham/Davante Adams are still my two favorites for 1b.

Shaunp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

We have seen a lot of WRs have the speed like Watkins but we dont see a lot of WRs the size like Evans. I also see Evans creating more mismatches. I think they are both great WRs and Watkins is pretty good outside the 20s compared to Evans but I think with Evans in the redzone he is a superior WRs because of his size.

They are bot very good WRs. Both have good hands but run good routes, and etc but what seperated them is Watkin is speed and Evans has the size. It will come down to what you want in a WR. Do you want speed in your WR or do you want size in a WR.

To me I would take the WR with size because I think with Evans size he can help the future QB even more because of his catch radius. I know Watkins will be able to do more with the ball in his hands but Evans will be able to make more plays on the ball.

Also with Gordon we have a WR who can be dangerous with the ball in their hands. I really want a WR who can be dangerous with the ball in the air. I want a WR that if you throw it up that he will go up and make the play over the defenders.

Also DBs match up with Watkins speed more then DBs trying to match up with Evans size.

Couldn't agree with you more not to mention he would help a lot in the run game blocking on the outside and Watkins plays faster but Evans plays fast and runs a decent 4.5 at his size. to get Evans we would have to take him 4th
Shaunp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Gordon's already got the straight line ability, we need a compliment that runs crisp routes and can go across the middle. Odell Beckham/Davante Adams are still my two favorites for 1b.
I would love to grab Beckham at 26 to me he's very similar to Watkins, Beckham was in more of a pro offense.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaunp wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more not to mention he would help a lot in the run game blocking on the outside and Watkins plays faster but Evans plays fast and runs a decent 4.5 at his size. to get Evans we would have to take him 4th

I think if the Browns dont love a QB, they prolly could trade down and possibly get Evans.

I will honestly say a lot of WRs have looked really good. Like the Browns can possibly get a stud with their 2nd 1st rd pick. They could def go QB or another position a 4 or trade down and still get a stud later in the 1st

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaunp wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
I would love to grab Beckham at 26 to me he's very similar to Watkins, Beckham was in more of a pro offense.

I think Cook from OK St could be great in NFL offense. He was pretty amazing this past season and has looked even better at the combine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Watkins over Evans

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Matthews in the 2nd would be a great value pick imo

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Shaunp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jordan Matthews in the 2nd would be a great value pick imo
agreed his speed is underrated.
directordawg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream last night where we took one of the top three QBs at 4, then traded up for Evans (just in front of Pit and Balt) and then I woke up with #bonerjamz

Season Ticket holder section 315 since 06
See you in the Muni with The Tailgate DJs!
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither. We have a #1 WR, if we spend our top pick on a WR that isn't going to be our primary target we are dumb. This class is loaded with talent at WR and at RB, everything else is good but not deep IMO. Matthews at 26 is the earliest I'd consider taking a WR. I don't think the drop off between Evans, Watkins and him is that great. You have offenses run by solid coaches, and controlled by Manziel and Boyd, of course you're going to get more hype. Matthews is a solid prospect and I think he ran better than most expected.

Another guy that's jumped up a step is Martavious Bryant. He's an athletic freak, can make some big plays, however I didn't think he was gonna pull off having 4.42 speed. Added with a vert of 39"! He should be there early in round 3

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"
Tully305

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:

I think Jordan Matthews would fit this role perfectly
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:

I think Jordan Matthews would fit this role perfectly

I think so too, but Adams and Beckham flash some real IT ability though. I think Matthews is destined to be a #2 like Mushin Muhammad. Adams has a lot of Crabtree in him and Beckham flashes Desean Jackson. Both guys have the potential to be fringe 1s whereas Matthews is a 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: